possible to win map: Histories /The Dwarven Invasion

Here talk about maps and campaigns.
IMPORTANT!: Every map/campaign should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new idea than open a new topic for it!
xXalexc925Xx

possible to win map: Histories /The Dwarven Invasion

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

Map failures

Age of fantasy
Histories
The Weakest Race

The Dwarven Invasion

In this map they will tell us the history of the battle and a bit of that world. And you will embody one of his historical battles I think in the year 400. Your army is made up of 7 Spearman and 8 Light Cavalry. It is not a very large army, but you can do things with it.
But we met 24 Dwarven Billman. And that's not what makes the map impossible.
The problem is that if one of your cavalry dies. You lose the war.
And not the map is not about escaping to the other side with the cavalry why. I've done it and it doesn't work. You only lose spearmen uselessly.

So more than 50% of your army will have a lot of fear in using them because they will die and lose automatically. And to lose it is only necessary that one die.
But the worst are your spearmen. Yours deal 4 damage and take 2, have 11 HP and 0 defense. Dwarves deal 4 damage and take 2, have 14 HP, and have no armor.
Then you tell me that the army in a practical way, your army is 3.4 times smaller than your practical army, they have 3 less life and they can kill your cavalry making you lose.
I think it is not necessary to continue because this is impossible.
Midonik

Re: possible to win map: Histories /The Dwarven Invasion

Post by Midonik »

It's just @DreJaDe being a sadist
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

LOL, I thought I made this easier already.

You can even end this map without one of your spearman or cavalry dying but since I'm considerate, I just made it so that only cavalry shouldn't die. (Not really, I just made easier because it was the first map)
xXalexc925Xx

Post by xXalexc925Xx »

I would change it so that if the entire cavalry dies, the game will be lost or put the technology to turn spearmen into pikemen.
Unless I missed a trick or trigger that is on the map and is necessary to win.
But i would say no.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

xXalexc925Xx wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:42 pm I would change it so that if the entire cavalry dies, the game will be lost or put the technology to turn spearmen into pikemen.
But i would say no.
Theres a strat to it.

Theres no trigger.

Its also one of the easiest one in the campaign I made.

It takes time to finish it.
SeekTruth

Post by SeekTruth »

Wait so . . . this IS actually somehow possible in 4 turns or less? That seems patently ridiculous. The opposing army is more than 3 times the size and only one cavalry soldier has to die for you to totally lose. Is this a map where you don't actually have to kill the enemy or something? The info seems to suggest that you have to kill all enemies to win, but it's just mathematically not possible.
SeekTruth

Post by SeekTruth »

DreJaDe wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:57 pm
xXalexc925Xx wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:42 pm I would change it so that if the entire cavalry dies, the game will be lost or put the technology to turn spearmen into pikemen.
But i would say no.
Theres a strat to it.

Theres no trigger.

"it takes time to finish it" - does that mean that 4 turns or less is impossible but somehow you're supposed to be able to defeat the larger army outright?
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

SeekTruth wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:12 am
DreJaDe wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:57 pm
But i would say no.
Theres a strat to it.

Theres no trigger.

"it takes time to finish it" - does that mean that 4 turns or less is impossible but somehow you're supposed to be able to defeat the larger army outright?
Yes. Never made maps that is unable to be finished.
You just have to kill all the enemy

What i mean by it takes time to finish it is that you need to repeat and repeat this to learn the way to beat it. Its like a shorter version of the long playtime campaign.
SeekTruth

Post by SeekTruth »

I find it honestly unbelievable that this can be done at all, particularly in 4 turns or less, but if you say so then I'll believe you and keep trying. It just doesn't make any sense. I bought an unlock token to try the next one and it seems just as completely impossible. There must be something I'm missing or not understanding
SeekTruth

Post by SeekTruth »

it's terrifying that these are "medium" level difficulty campaigns. It's making me very nervous to see the "hard" ones. The numerical disadvantage alone is staggering. God maybe I'm just completely horrible at this game :oops:
Savra

Post by Savra »

No worries, some of the hard ones actually are the exact opposite.

You just need to look at the map and see what their is, you can actually download the maps and check them out in map editor.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

No, it's just a card with 1 solution, one to one as an equation, you can make any number of such cards. You don't have to think that you are a bad player, not everyone is so cool that they calculate everything in geometry and mathematics.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Here is my try.

I can only tell you that there is no spell used in this game.

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Btw, my hardest map is the Princess aec part 2 or 3. It really take me so much time to finish it and almost rework some unit but when i computed that the map is possible i just have to work hard and finish it.

Thanks for the comments. This is really how I envision the players who played my campaign. Somehow it feels fullfilling...
SeekTruth

Post by SeekTruth »

Anchar wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:40 am No, it's just a card with 1 solution, one to one as an equation, you can make any number of such cards. You don't have to think that you are a bad player, not everyone is so cool that they calculate everything in geometry and mathematics.
Lol i have no idea what you're talking about with the cards and all. Mathematics was never my strong suite so I'm totally clueless as to how anyone could possibly use any sort of mathematics to figure this map out at all.
SeekTruth

Post by SeekTruth »

DreJaDe wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:29 am Here is my try.

God i just can't believe it. I've tried another 15-20 more times today and i'm never even close, not even a little. I want the gems and all but i have limited time to actually do anything for enjoyment and this map is becoming such a frustration and a time suck I think it's starting to ruin the game for me. I'm going to have to cut my losses and skip this campaign i think. I'm totally out of ideas, maybe i'll try a few more random things and just try to mess around and see if anything comes to me, but it seems totally hopeless, even though you seem to have done it. God I was planning on participating in more Multiplayer once I had some more technology unlocked, but just from the way these campaigns are shaping up for me it seems like i'll be consistently devastated in multiplayer.
SeekTruth

Post by SeekTruth »

DreJaDe wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:32 am Btw, my hardest map is the Princess aec part 2 or 3. It really take me so much time to finish it and almost rework some unit but when i computed that the map is possible i just have to work hard and finish it.

Thanks for the comments. This is really how I envision the players who played my campaign. Somehow it feels fullfilling...
you "computed" that it's possible? How exactly does one do this sort of computing?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

SeekTruth wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:57 am

God i just can't believe it. I've tried another 15-20 more times today and i'm never even close, not even a little. I want the gems and all but i have limited time to actually do anything for enjoyment and this map is becoming such a frustration and a time suck I think it's starting to ruin the game for me. I'm going to have to cut my losses and skip this campaign i think. I'm totally out of ideas, maybe i'll try a few more random things and just try to mess around and see if anything comes to me, but it seems totally hopeless, even though you seem to have done it. God I was planning on participating in more Multiplayer once I had some more technology unlocked, but just from the way these campaigns are shaping up for me it seems like i'll be consistently devastated in multiplayer.
maybe ask for a video walktru, or hint to complete, maybe there is a hidden trick or something
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I think that you just need to step back and put the scouts in front and the spearmen behind, then hit with the cavalry and the last 8 horsemen to kill the extreme dwarf in a free cage, put the spearman and finish off the dwarfs from the bottom up putting spearmen, the last spearman will damage the extreme dwarf, then leapfrog begins, but the point is to retreat at the right angle and mow them down according to this principle.
SeekTruth

Post by SeekTruth »

Anchar wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:40 am I think that you just need to step back and put the scouts in front and the spearmen behind, then hit with the cavalry and the last 8 horsemen to kill the extreme dwarf in a free cage, put the spearman and finish off the dwarfs from the bottom up putting spearmen, the last spearman will damage the extreme dwarf, then leapfrog begins, but the point is to retreat at the right angle and mow them down according to this principle.
the scouts up front? I don't know if we're talking about the same map here. There are only 8 scouts and they are killed in 1 hit from any of the enemy spearmen. There also aren't any "extreme" dwarves no the map. Just 21 dwarf spear guys. I have 7 weaker spear guys, and 8 light scouts or light cavalry. The light cavalry are killed in one hit and the map is failed if any of them die.
SeekTruth

Post by SeekTruth »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:18 am

maybe ask for a video walktru, or hint to complete, maybe there is a hidden trick or something
Yea maybe there is. the way the map maker talks about it he/she makes it seem so straightforward. They already gave me a hint that no spells are needed, but i kinda already figured that. i've decided to give it up for now. It's thrown me into a bit of a low grade depression lol
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

SeekTruth wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:30 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:18 am

Yea maybe there is. the way the map maker talks about it he/she makes it seem so straightforward. They already gave me a hint that no spells are needed, but i kinda already figured that. i've decided to give it up for now. It's thrown me into a bit of a low grade depression lol
Well there goes my long essay. Dang my brothers phone is broken so my long ass explanation is gone but ill give the summary again

Sry about that so ill give hints for you
This pics should help you
Also i used AOS as reference because i already deleted AOF, i just downloaded it again to see if the game change in a way that will make my campaign not work.

This first one should how 1st turn look
The 2nd one maybe theres some wrong idk my explanation is gone dang...
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Heres the 2nd one
For the third turn thats on you sincs this is already so big of a hint.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i checked the map (tried about 8 times) and totally seems impossible (without spell upgrades like convert/clone unit)
@DreJaDe please post a solution as i am also getting sad not being able to complete this one :)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

We should move that campaign to hard btw cause Dre is a crazy sadist as we all can see.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Savra

Post by Savra »

I actually think I see what's going on here. Personally I know when I can beat certain campaigns it depends on whether or not I feel up to it, usually I just keep repeating it until I win. Actually it's more of lose the first time, think all day on what strategies to use on it the second and 3rd time, then keep repeating till I win. Works every time. Just don't ask me how I did it though being that the only one I remember how I beat still is the rise of dark lords, mission 5.

Wich took me a year actually, but that was because the orcs all were now upgradable and I was just waiting on new units for undead to use in combatting them. Thx to the implementation of the Highlander wight, I was able to overcome those odds fairly easily with just 2 of them.

(But to be honest I wasn't exactly trying my best either since I knew what I was doing wrong, so that's not saying much. :lol: )
Savra

Post by Savra »

Back on topic, the solution here seems to be that you have to use the spearman as a blockade from the enemies, and use your cavalry to chip away at their troops while enclosing your spear men further around them.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Interestingly enough, apparently I already beat that mission, odd, I don't remember beating it. (Sort of)

But yes, you can beat it without spells and abilities, just try the strategy above in combination with the hints DreJaDe gave and you should come out victorious.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i tried but i think some unit changes made it impossible. too many dwrves there and if 1 horsemen falls you lost.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Actually I think I remember now how I did it, I didn't use the strategy based on what DreJaDe did, but rather I did the ol' bait and attack trick.

Basically I moved my cavalry to far enough so that I could circle around the enemy, and then I used the spearman to bait the enemy within range of my cavalry to strike, I kept this up and was left with 1-3 spearman left as well as all cavalry intact. No spells needed.

Return to “Map & campaign ideas/issues”