Story of a Ruined City

Discuss any running multiplayer game or Find partners to play with.
Sunrise Samurai

Re: Story of a Ruined City

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

"what sorcery is this?" Sunrise asked the elf next to him. "Do you recognize it Winterpine?" The old elf stares into the battlefield, frozen in time. "No magic I know of." "I doubt the cat would stall for time like this, so it must be some great human magic." The shaman glanced over. "What do we do about it?" "We must wait. Wait and pray a higher power can rescue our armies from this time freeze before the situation below worsens."

(Game keeps crashing when I hit end turn. Sent a report to Daniel about it.)
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

That happened to me a couple of times, the only way it got fixed is when I got skip. Which isn't what I want.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Sunrise Samurai

Nah it's probably some automated unit action generating an error. If I go through literally every unit I have and manually end it's turn I'll probably get it to work, but might have to do it again and again anyway until Daniel figures out the error.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Not stackable. If a champion survives 2 games, he gets to continue to a third. Instead, you can acquire additional champions.

Yeah I might have to edit that to +1 action.

Edit: surviving champions may continue to grow, at a slower pace. The stronger they are the less growth occurs.
1. So i can get also for example on third game 2 champions and on forth 3? (if previous ones are still alive)
2. If i have for example as a champion Golden skeleton knight in the next games will he become my champion as Golden Skel Knight or as normal one?
3. Maybe also limit units you can get as champions? for example no Flying unts, no giant units, no artillery units i think must be as a rule.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

1. Yep. You can stack up as many as you can keep alive. We may have to limit how many can enter any given match, but any champions on the sidelines are guaranteed to stay alive. This means living champions are probably worth more than victory in any given match, since they can return later.

2. Highest level reached.

3. Flying- not seeing a big problem here. Most fliers have big weaknesses (except orc dragons, but it's better to have a shaman anyway)
Giants- not much difference between these and any other elite units. If we ban giants, we might as well ban imperials.
Artillery- okay I see your point here. I think these bonuses to a catapult would be op, even by the standards of allowing champions. Which leads me to the next statement
Mechanical units are prohibited, unless you can explain a singular hero from it. (Ornithopters can have a named pilot, for example, but a ship takes a whole crew)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:...
3. Flying- not seeing a big problem here. Most fliers have big weaknesses (except orc dragons, but it's better to have a shaman anyway)
Giants- not much difference between these and any other elite units. If we ban giants, we might as well ban imperials.
This depends on the starting units we can have. IF as in normal random games than they'll be too op for beginning. If with some starting units (for example when you have 100 turns to spend for gathering an army) then i'll agree that they can be allowed.

Also i think that we must ban all Summoned units and If you want to get your champions in the game then you need to pay their cost same amounts as they get buffed in addition of their base cost:
for example i have Elven sentinel "Caesar" who was buffed 2 times. If i want to get him this game i need to pay his base cost (6) + additional his base cost for each buff (6x2) or in total from starting turns i need to pay for him 18 turns.

This will also limit by itself amount of Availible champions you can get in any given match. But still I think we need an upper limit fir it. I think 2-3 champions would be enough for 30x30 map.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Remember that everyone has champions to start with. One person's orc king hero won't be carelessly wasted against another's death knight hero with support, or the other way around. Also, these guys are the ultimate assasin bait. One mummy or assasin can end a hero that went too close to the enemy base pretty quickly.

I think we might want to have small armies to start (50 points or so) and deduct the base cost of champions from it. (Caeser only costs 6 points.) All units in starting army must be from your​ current race if they are not heroes, though foreign techs can be included​ if they benefit an existing hero (like​ fireball for a mage)
Sunrise Samurai

Also, heroes that are stepped on as stealth, or sacrifice themselves in an action (mummies and assasins) are considered to have retreated afterwards​. This means an assassin hero must be Found and exterminated to be removed. If they are stepped on or complete a kill, they survive for the next game.

Seeing as assasin heroes are the best way to have one available in non-human races, I expect some to be present as hero slaying heroes.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I thought that they need 1 game to be alive first to become so (this means that we will play first game without champions).

Also good point about that they'll become good bait for assasins.

But i see here some other not balanced ideas to use of "champions":
Lich with 2 raise dead or even with 2 summon skeleton dragon per turn.
Troll Shaman with 2 summon dragon per turn.
Quick archer with 41 hp, 3/3 before upgrades armor, 6 range, 10 damage and BLOODY 4 actions/turn.
Banshee with 2 screams per turn.
Warmage with 4 magic missles per turn.
Light cavalry with 4 attacks, 50 hp, 3/5 armor, 6 speed and 9 damage.

Also nobody exept of undead and humans have assasins.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

makazuwr32 wrote:I thought that they need 1 game to be alive first to become so (this means that we will play first game without champions).

Also good point about that they'll become good bait for assasins.

But i see here some other not balanced ideas to use of "champions":
Lich with 2 raise dead or even with 2 summon skeleton dragon per turn.
Troll Shaman with 2 summon dragon per turn.
Quick archer with 41 hp, 3/3 before upgrades armor, 6 range, 10 damage and BLOODY 4 actions/turn.
Banshee with 2 screams per turn.
Warmage with 4 magic missles per turn.
Light cavalry with 4 attacks, 50 hp, 3/5 armor, 6 speed and 9 damage.

Also nobody exept of undead and humans have assasins.
Race changing is allowed, so you can hold heroes from other races.

We agreed it's only +1 action, not double. Honestly lich, troll shaman, and banshee getting +1 action is the equivalent of having a second one. The summons still have a cost, so the casters aren't too bad.

Light cavalry? Try harnessed raptor rider or death knight.

Regardless, keep in mind these are subject to normal bonus damage. This means a drake knight hero will want to stay far, far away from anything with a spear. Mage heroes are still vulnerable to getting picked off by a stray arrow, and infantry heroes still fear cavalry. It just takes a little more effort is all.

Units of 4 cost or less can be written in as heroes from advisor status in place of a surviving unit. This is race independent, so it may be worth considering to contact an assasin's guild for during a match so you can start later with that assasin.

Me, puss, and General will have the pick of our troops on the field. Any newcomers will be able to enter with a number of 4 or less cost heroes equal to the lowest number owned by any other player.

If someone stacks up​ too much of an advantage, I would imagine they will find themselves on the wrong end of an alliance intent on killing off that advantage.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

So if i want to join and start for orcs i can get an assasin/mummy/druid at the beginning?
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Exactly.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Now i must think for which rase i want to play and which unit i want as champion at the beginning.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

General Brave, Puss? Are these acceptable changes to you?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sounds good.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Sunrise Samurai

Good. You've already got a few names lined up. Not sure what Canary is, but Elizabeth and Mathew are either mages or warmages, if you can pull one of those out and retreat it. Only one can be a veteran next round, but we can keep the names​ alive and let you bring the others up later.
Sunrise Samurai

Well, got it working another round. Had to end turn on everything. I have the suspicion that a gravedigger was trying to spawn a corpse inside the tc one space north of it. Not entirely sure though.
Sunrise Samurai

"ivy?" A lich with long, thinning black hair enters the room. "You have a mission for me?" Her voice is haunted, tired. "Depends. You still looking for a way to end your curse?" "If you've got a way to end this existence between life and death, I'm listening." "The humans have left some dragons to hold their retreat. Think you can use this?" Sunrise hands her an old salt shaker. "How........oh. good plan."

Ivy approached the dragon "fang" calmly, holding out a piece of well salted meat. Human meat. The dragon puffed flames at her, cooking the lich into ash and leaving charred meat, which was quickly locked up. As the taste played across Fang's tongue, it began to realize the nearby humans looked.......tasty.

Ashes reformed in the wind, becoming the outline of a lich. "Dang. Scratch dragon's fire off the list. At least this may earn a few days' rest." The outline faded as the ashes settled, slowly grouping back together as a skeleton worker swept them together and took them to a nearby sarcophagus.

Meanwhile, the restless dead began their assault on the orcish forces in an inevitable confrontation. With the human forces virtually defeated, it was certain that if they didn't attack first, the orcs would

Return to “Multiplayer discussions”