Spore cloud

Sombrar +1

Spore cloud

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Good morning, I would like to post here an idea that I had for myconids, basically the idea is a technology that affects large units of myconids such as Fungal Horror and Shormite Tank,the technology would take 4~5 shifts researched in Murky Den. The effect is that when these large units of myconids die they will sort of explode or release a cloud of spores 1~2 away from them causing poison and decreasing vision by -2 and maybe -1 to speed.

Description: As a means of accelerating the planet's assimilation process, large myconid units carry pockets of spores within them, allowing faster pollination wherever they pass at the same time that the spores can eventually be used to disorient the enemy.
tech_spore_cloud .png
tech_spore_cloud .png (2.22 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Maybe if the idea is accepted it could be a level two of this technology by adding acid or something else in the process.
effect_spore_cloud.png
effect_spore_cloud.png (215 Bytes) Viewed 465 times
effect_weak_acid.png
effect_weak_acid.png (196 Bytes) Viewed 465 times
Midonik

Re: Spore cloud

Post by Midonik »

Seems ok. I dont think it should only decrease vison cause then it is useless on revealed maps. Id say -1 speed and vision. The tech images could use some impruvements.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

It's better this way?
tech_spore_cloud  (1).png
tech_spore_cloud (1).png (2.37 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

You should change the color palette.

Currently, the colors don't exactly match Myconids aesthetic (they are usually white and blue)
A master of puppetry and manipulation, working from the shadows.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Like that? More bluish?
tech_spore_cloud  (1) (1).png
tech_spore_cloud (1) (1).png (2.37 KiB) Viewed 378 times
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

Sombrar +1 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:07 am Like that? More bluish?

tech_spore_cloud (1) (1).png
No, it should look more like this
Attachments
tech_spore_cloud.png
tech_spore_cloud.png (1.12 KiB) Viewed 369 times
A master of puppetry and manipulation, working from the shadows.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Puppeteer12 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:12 pm
Sombrar +1 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:07 am Like that? More bluish?

tech_spore_cloud (1) (1).png
No, it should look more like this
Hmmm, I understand now, next time I'll try to do this color pattern for the myconids, nice adjustment you made.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Well, I agree that flesh units should have a white mushroom body, the blue color is the color of their semblance of veins and arteries (fibers) that entangle the body, but I don’t think that these colors should necessarily be for gas clouds, for example Noaharts painted a flying one spore mushroom with elements of green gas, while I drew them as blue jellyfish, so the concept of white-blue spores is already broken and you can draw them as you want, in fact there are a lot of ideas about spores and you can already make them in different colors, saying that these are different types of spores .

Return to “Myconids”