Maunsel fort buff

DreJaDe

Maunsel fort buff

Post by DreJaDe »

I think it has way to weak damage compared to its counterparts.

Most mega have a 3x2 dimension that their 4 range is increased. They are also factories unlike the maunsel fort.

So I think it's just justifieble to suggest this.

1. Make it have an AA ability that can be compared to what it have IRL which is the 3.7 inch AA gun. Most of the forts are armed with this.

(There's already a 3.7 inch gun in game)

2. The main attack will lose its AA ability

To counter balance this. All ships will now have +100% bonus against Maunsell forts.
Last edited by DreJaDe on Tue May 31, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreJaDe

Re: Maunsel fort buff

Post by DreJaDe »

What do you think?

@Jasondunkel
@TntAttack
@Dahdee
@SS-Jericho
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Make the range at least 5. Everything I support, although I quite liked its main attack with aa capabilities.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

The armament was 4 QF 3.7 AA plus Bofors for the command center https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunsel ... army_forts so range should be the range of that wonderful British AA we all love. Damage should be based on that as well
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Dahdee wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:32 am The armament was 4 QF 3.7 AA plus Bofors for the command center https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunsel ... army_forts so range should be the range of that wonderful British AA we all love. Damage should be based on that as well
as stratego said elsewhere we can have different mega building types.

i would like to have the london tower as a big mega building for the british, but unfortunately no one has been found who makes the image, breno once started but he doesn't seem to be there anymore.

stratego has so far assigned a general air defense adapted to the size of the building. hence the small range.

if we follow the argumentation with the bofor, the german maga building should get the flak 88

The Russian building may have a small air defense, the building was no longer used and whether the large air defense can be placed properly is questionable.

the maginot fortress could then only have either anti-tank or artillery weapons

so we can certainly design the weapons for the different mega buildings differently

But I think the current solution is better where everyone in the weapon system has the same thing.

because they are just something special in their size and task
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:49 am if we follow the argumentation with the bofor, the german maga building should get the flak 88
Your arguments are sound but is already in game. You do remember that Flak tower can easily train a lot of flak 88 and be used inside. That's not really how it works for maunsell fort. This is also true for most mega besides French one.

as for me, maunsell fort are really more like the German flak 40 rather than a mega.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:12 am
Jasondunkel wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:49 am if we follow the argumentation with the bofor, the german maga building should get the flak 88
Your arguments are sound but is already in game. You do remember that Flak tower can easily train a lot of flak 88 and be used inside. That's not really how it works for maunsell fort. This is also true for most mega besides French one.

as for me, maunsell fort are really more like the German flak 40 rather than a mega.
thanks, you just gave me an idea
the Flakzwilling 40 was only stationed on flak towers and there weren't many of them
so your unspoken idea of doing it as a megabulding is very good

so we should make the twin flak 40 a mega building

with the big flak tower you are now talking about two things

once the general defense of the building and once from the possibilities of what can be built there.

and the actual defense of this building would then be the flak 88 again
to what else you can build?
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

Jasondunkel wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:49 am
Dahdee wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:32 am The armament was 4 QF 3.7 AA plus Bofors for the command center https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunsel ... army_forts so range should be the range of that wonderful British AA we all love. Damage should be based on that as well
if we follow the argumentation with the bofor, the german maga building should get the flak 88

The Russian building may have a small air defense, the building was no longer used and whether the large air defense can be placed properly is questionable.

the maginot fortress could then only have either anti-tank or artillery weapons

so we can certainly design the weapons for the different mega buildings differently
what I was saying was not necessarily to give maunsell Bofors. The current Bofors representation in the game is terrible. I like the idea of making things as realistic as possible. I'm not against making all of the megas different. As to what was said about the Russian fort, keep in mind it's main purpose was to block ships it had ports for artillery all around it to fire on ships, and was not built with anti air in mind, as that was not even an issue when it was built except for airships. So yes, any AA they may have deployed on the upper level would have been something like the one it produces. Kind of like what DreJaDe is saying about the 88s in the current flak tower for Germany. As to making Flakzweilling a mega and part of the tower I'm ok with that too. Anyone who plays me knows I spam those and they are OP. But, op for a reason, which is it's realistic. Tying them to mega balances the game as they could no longer be spammed everywhere. For the Maginot Line, it should be an arty emplacement, because that's what it was.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

the idea of making it a mega building was rejected by stratego, so the twin flak was made more expensive

Return to “Balancing discussions”