Gato subs to be 2 turn

Here talk about units and structures.
IMPORTANT!: Every unit type and structure type should be in a separate topic.
So if you have a new unit idea than open a new topic for it!
DreJaDe

Gato subs to be 2 turn

Post by DreJaDe »

@Stratego (dev)

What happened to my message to you about the cost of gato subs

Since Type 21 which only saw 4 battle ready at the end of the war is now justified as a 2 turn sub. I think Gato which IRL are made so much faster than Type 21 can be a 2 turn ship now also.

3 gato per month with 1 gato done per company. It should be at least comparable to the 6 months per ship of the type 21 sub.
TntAttack

Re: Goto subs to be 2 turn

Post by TntAttack »

Honestly all subs should be 3-4. All destroyers 4-5, all cruisers 6-7 and all battleships 12-17.
DreJaDe

Re: Goto subs to be 2 turn

Post by DreJaDe »

TntAttack wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:14 am Honestly all subs should be 3-4. All destroyers 4-5, all cruisers 6-7 and all battleships 12-17.
With the new update... Honestly, I kinda agree with the subs.
Dahdee

Re: Gato subs to be 2 turn

Post by Dahdee »

I'm also good with the current stat values of subs. Have not played naval since new update, but so long as everything works as stated, should be all good.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i checked a few sources:

Type 21:
The plan also comprised a production of 30 boats a month by the autumn of 1945.
The highest monthly rate was in December 1944, in which 31 submarines, including 22 of the new Type XXI were delivered. It was just 24 in October 1941 or 23 in November 1942, 28 in December 1943. Despite more and more severe bombins, the average monthly rate in the first quarter of 1945 stayed very high
https://naval-encyclopedia.com/ww2/germ ... -boats.php

Seems to me that even the constant bombing not stopped making this high production rate (20-30 subs per month).

Gato sub:
Production of Gato-class boats reached a peak of three vessels per month from three individual shipyards during the war.
https://www.militaryfactory.com/ships/d ... -Gato-S212

i am not sure it means 3 subs / month, or 3*3=9 subs / month but it is under 10 subs per month

please tell me if i understand something wrongly but seems xxi was in higher production than Gato, however as i understand Gato was also good.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

What the gato sub means is that they were able to create 1 sub in one month from one factory... I think. That's the most important.

But like I said on email.. I'm give ln this idea since the idea kinda changed now.

Honestly though, this should have been represented by supply trucks which kinda is doing just like that. Allocating production to mass produce 1 product but probably just me.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes we could not be able to compare gato to xxi as xxi that was manufactured in many factories - so there is no "by one factory" feature.

also yes, here is forming the "written" approach that i try to state about many things that can be asked "why" it is this and that in game.
also it is not final so please on that topic comment or suggest thing
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=12672
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

You know, I just thought of it...

Since Gato was also mass produced. Then shouldntit be still 2 turns?
@Stratego (dev)

It might not be faster for mass production than Type 21, it is still hastily produced with the rate of three per month. And I don't think there's a question anymore about that.

Return to “Units & Structures (See Nations for accepted Unit nations)”