version v1.316

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

version v1.316

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version v1.315 is published
DreJaDe

Re: version v1.316

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:37 pm version v1.315 is published
Still not fixed
I've waited already for a year for some of these.

Fix

Mark VI Bovington - change it's bonus to same as pz1. It almost has the same production number as pz1 so it should cost 2. It has 40-50kmh with a lot of operational range so it should be 5 speed.

Sherman m4a3e8 - apply proper stats. Cause it's wrong!

Surcouf - +1 speed when submerged. It is faster than gato when submerged!

Algerie Cruiser - have wrong bonus
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i never knew these problems, @Jasondunkel please confirm i can fix these and if so i will - thankS!

daniel
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:48 pm i never knew these problems, @Jasondunkel please confirm i can fix these and if so i will - thankS!

daniel
Here's some more

Most of these, I could consider a fix. But some are suggestion.

France

Canon de 194 GPF - it had 20km range irl, it should have 5 range.

Canone de 75mm 1897 - although a field gun, it still has a 8km range. It should have at least 2 range. And let's not forget it's anti infantry role which I think it should at least have +50% bonus against all inf.

AMC Schneider P16 - like all half-trucks, this should have +200 bonus to infantry

Richelieu class Battleship - have the same range as yamato. Should also have 7 range.

Japan

Ho I Howitzer - It's produced in 1944 so it should be on lvl3 industry. It has max of 44kmh so it should have 4-5 speed instead.

Type 1 Ho-Ha Half Track - produced in 1944. Should only be available at 3rd industry.

M6A1 Seiran - too strong in game but made too few IRL. Should be at least 6 turns.

Type 98 So Ki - 42 kmh to 300km operational range. Should be 4-5 speed

USA

M3 Stuart - Max speed of 58kmh, with a high operational range. It should have 5 speed.

M5 Stuart have the same speed as m3 so also should be 5

M8 Greyhound - max speed is 90kmh with 560 km operational range. Should have 6 speed.

Iowa - speed of 61kmh, it should have 5-6 speed in game. With the advance aiming system of the US. It should have the same range as Yamato. And searching through web, it can fire to 39km range.

Germany

Arado 234 - too powerful for a 6 turn. Should be at least 8 turn by it's capabilities and even IRL.

Arado E.560 2 - no way this is 8 turns. Should be 9-10+ by it's capabilities alone.

UK

7.2 in Howitzer - produced in 1940. Should be in 1st industry.

Humber Armoured Car - produced in 1940. Should still be included on 1st industry.

Cruiser Mk I - 40kmh and 250 operational range. Should have 4 speed like panzer 38t

Valentine MkI - in service in 1940. It should be available in industry 1

de Havilland Hornet - it is indeed so fast but it has bombs. It should be just at least 10-11 speed.

USSR

BA-64 - produced in 1942. Should be in 2nd industry. Also too low 8 hp, maybe at least 12hp

KV-1 Russian Colossus family - 35kmh and 200-240 operational range. Should be 3-4 speed.

T26 Light Tank - pretty slow tank. Should be 3 speed.

Italy

L3/33 Tankette - 42kmh, a light tank, has operation reach of 100+km should have make it to 4 speed.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Well, this sounds awesome. On the topic of balancing, can we get a effective counter to mobile vehicle artillery like the katushar rockets and recently added German "i dont remember"?

By effective counter, I mean let my SMG units have the ability to anti tank such foes. Let's take the katushar rocket. It costs 3, has 25 hp and 15 damage plus 5 speed and 2 range.

But because it's classified as a propelled artillery, anti tank guns, tanks with vehicle bonuses and smgs don't one shot them.

P.S Maybe we should look into nerving the smg anti tank ability on medium and heavy tanks in the future. The effectiveness of tanks are dependent on how long they might last, and its pretty depressing your turn tank just gets pulverised by a bunch of smgs units.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

So it occurred to me that I was suppose to give my thought regarding the changes.

I really like the French sub movement fix, Arado German bomber fix is meh. The germans don't really have much impressive bombers other then those cost to performance wise. (Except the junker)

Everything looks good. Hmm, it's seems like you probably wanted some expert to compare stats or something. I feel a bit stupid.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

TntAttack wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:45 pm So it occurred to me that I was suppose to give my thought regarding the changes.

I really like the French sub movement fix, Arado German bomber fix is meh. The germans don't really have much impressive bombers other then those cost to performance wise. (Except the junker)

Everything looks good. Hmm, it's seems like you probably wanted some expert to compare stats or something. I feel a bit stupid.
I think you could also form opinion based on balance.

And I think this is where I would also put the German planes since they are really too good for their cost. At least from what I see. While all other from other nation suffer from being balanced.

Since the game doesn't really have much of a change from a long time... I meant a big change, I think this changes can bring also good.

About the infantry... I'll try to pack that on my list of changes that I will suggest for aow. Already have quite a few and I'll add that suggestion.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

uos already

New units/techs:
Hurricane fighter-only
Fix:French flamethrower no longer can target planes
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

the Canon de 194 GPF has a range of 18.3km in the xls and the xls Daniel designed says a range of 4, which is sufficient.
yes in english it is implied that the cannon has a range of 20.8km. if we take this range, it would actually be a range of 5 in the game. if this is adjusted, the cost must be increased to 5 because the cannon is then too cheap compared to others.
Since the cannon is very powerful at the moment and can be produced quickly, I would leave it as it is.
Especially since many players have already complained that the cannon is actually too powerful.
I would therefore not make any changes unless both range and cost are increased.

the canone de 75mm 1897 is also an anti-tank gun (look at the picture and you see we have a picture of an anti-tank gun), it is supposed to be the anti-tank gun in the game, it has the wrong bonuses at the moment, that needs to be changed because unfortunately it has the artillery bonuses. but it should still come as an artillery piece, in the xls the artillery piece is already there and then this piece has a range of 3.

therefore the bonus is changed to anti-tank guns.

Half trucks should get a bonus of +200.
hmm i can live with the 100% bonus as long as it is only tracked vehicles with MGs and not cannons.
if we would increase the +200%, the half-trucks would almost kill the infantry and the half-trucks would then become too strong against the infantry
so I would not want to make a change here

the ho I
the development started in 1942 and since the Japanese had nothing like it, it is already from industry stage II. in the imperial armies the HO I was actually installed only in 1944-45
the speed of 44km is stated in the xls, but since there was only an operational range of 100km, the developed xls says an actual range of 2.7 so 3 results
with the classification of the industry i recommend no change for the game chance
same with the range setting

the M6A1 Seiran has a production time of 1943-1945 according to wiki, so industry II, we ourselves have it in industry III and the short production time comes from the fact that it can only be built on aircraft carriers.

I see no reason for a change here

so here the adaptation to industry lvl III will come.

Mark VI Bovington: yes speed 5 fits is increased the cost can be two
yes the change is coming

Surcouf: the statements in the different languages on wiki are different. the French wiki says for both submarines that they are almost equally fast.

so i would not change it

Sherman m4a3e8: what should be wrong, what data do you have for armour, speed with range and what weapon?
here you can write it to me privately

and then we can see if something has to be changed.
currently no change for the time being

Algerie Cruiser: yes right will be changed
yes the cruiser bonus is coming

Changes to infantry

Create a separate category for machine gunners or remove HMG and flamethrowers as anti-infantry.
what is the purpose of the category there?

HMG what are they then as anti infantry?

Flamethrowers - here you contradict yourself, if you say flamethrowers are meant to kill infantry in buildings then what is their purpose as anti-infantry? even in trenches their purpose is as anti-infantry

Infantry -increase their bonuses by 100%, except for non-combat vehicles.
-Change building bonus to +500%.

Do you mean all infantry units? You know the different types have different bonuses with the +100%.
As a result, smg and mg and hmg would more or less kill the enemy infantry with one shot, which is not wanted.
and i completely reject the upgrade against buildings, since when are cartridges so effective against buildings?
with modern weapons there is certainly more in it, but the weapons of ww2 were not yet that good.
I would not make any changes here

but mortars should get a bonus against buildings, but it should be 200%.

i.e. mortars will give a bonus of +200% against buildings.

all grenades + 200% bonus against machine gunners or anti-infantry

yes the grenades can get better, but against all infantry units
in the planning is also that grenades or all explosive extra weapons can be used against buildings, if Harchie or Stratego found a way that the machines can do that.
until then, grenades should get a bonus against all infantry units of 200%.

Remove fixed artillery, mega buildings, concrete bunkers, V1 rockets, Flak 40.
Why everything was used

so i see no need for a change

Snipers: yes, they should be a bit easier to kill, but if they lose both hp and first strike they are useless
so should have a change to 25 hp but the first strike remains

Mg - movements consume 1 action
What do you mean, I don't understand

All machine gunners with 40+ HP have only 35 HP left.
no, we always want something different
so there will be no change here

Officers - (+1-2) range of the moralaura
+1 is fine
Paratroopers - can build trenches and help build them
no, the paratroopers are supposed to be quick surprise units that take out specific targets quickly and are not supposed to fight a pitched battle
therefore there is no change

Artillery and ships - increase range.
What do you mean by range of fire, range of sight or range of speed?
if it is the range of fire i don't understand you. in a post in the forum before you simply said the range of the ships is too far.
the range of artillery is actually way too high for some maps.
therefore there is no change

Transport vehicles - drop 1 unit when killed.
Why? and under what conditions? it would only make sense if the transport vehicle also had units loaded. the question would be whether the engine can distinguish between them

reconnaissance vehicles - (+1) line of sight
I can live with that
so reconnaissance units get visibility +1

but the plan is also that natural boundaries like mountains or forests limit visibility again. but again, harchie and stratego have to find a way for the engin to do that

The Gangut class is cheaper than the Dunkerque and just because it is not as good does not change the rating or value of the ship class

so there will be no change here
the aura will therefore be increased by +1

M3and M5 Stuart
no change is with the 58 km/h in the xls

M8 Greyhound
yes it is increased to speed 6 and gets an upgrade of power to 15

the iowa increases the speed to 6

what is too powerful about the Arado 234
it has the same attack power as the ju 88, and since many have been built in a short time, the construction time is okay
nothing is changed here

Arado E.560 2 has a capacity of 2500kg, the B17 and the Consolidated B-24 have a capacity of 3600kg with 8 rounds to build
so where is the problem?

nothing is changed here

the 7.2 in Howitzer comes from industry lvl start

Humber Armored Car even the English wiki says it was delivered in 1941
no change here

Cruiser Mk I
yes the speed is increased to 4

de Havilland Hornet
I see no need for action here, no change

BA-64
is increased to industry lvl II

KV-1 exactly with the data says we have a speed of 5
there is no change here

T26 Light Tank
speed is reduced to 3

L3/33 Tankette
the exact data is available here and xls says 3 so no change
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

From this whole emailing i understood these changes - and i made them
please help what else need change, and please be specific as you can - thanks!

Mark VI Bovington: yes speed 5 fits is increased the cost can be two
yes the change is coming
it is implemented.
Algerie Cruiser: yes right will be changed
yes the cruiser bonus is coming
set to copoy bonus from cruiser nortthampton if this what you ment.
Snipers: yes, they should be a bit easier to kill, but if they lose both hp and first strike they are useless
so should have a change to 25 hp but the first strike remains
snipers are now 25 hp chn and fr sniper 23 and 28 (as earlier snipers were stronger weaker tha nlal others, ok?
reconnaissance vehicles - (+1) line of sight
I can live with that
so reconnaissance units get visibility +1
sight 6 from now: jeeps: us,fr,gb,it
ba64 was already 6
kubelwagen is 6 from now
jp "car" is 6 from now.
is there any other need change?
M8 Greyhound
yes it is increased to speed 6 and gets an upgrade of power to 15
Greyhound: ok speed 6, power 15
the iowa increases the speed to 6
IOWA balleship speed set to 6
Cruiser Mk I
yes the speed is increased to 4
UNIT_GB_TANK_CRUISER_MKI: speed set to 4

BA-64
is increased to industry lvl II
UNIT_RU_VEHICLE_BA_64: set to appear in lv2
T26 Light Tank
speed is reduced to 3
T26 Light Tank:is now set to speed 3
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

these are uos 10:
New units/techs:
Hurricane fighter-only
Fix:French flamethrower no longer can target planes
Change:Mark VI Bovington:speed 5, cost 2
Change:Algerie Cruiser:bonuses fixed
Change:Snipers: have reduced HP
Change:Scout vehicles:have 6 sight
Change:M8 Greyhound: speed 6, power 15
Change:IOWA battleship speed set to 6
Change:Cruiser MKI tank: speed set to 4
Change:BA 64: appears in ERA 2
Change:T26 Light Tank: set to speed 3
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

some additional changes from the list above
uos 10

Change:Officers have aura range 4
Change:Mortars get +200% bonus on buildings
Change:Hand grenade damages get additional +200% bonus on infantry
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

@DreJaDe
can u please check the changes in DEV version?
i would love to publish if u say they work as you desired -thanks!

daniel
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

AMC Schneider P 16
Not "by" but just change the 100% to 200%. But if you don't agree then why not change its attack turn to 2. The rate of fire of its cannon is high after all. 15 per minute.

Mark 4 Bovington
What about the bonus? It's almost the same as panzer 1. Why is Bovington weaker?

Sherman m4a3e8
Sherman m4a3e8 is a direct upgrade of Sherman m4, why does it have weaker damage? It indeed received a better bonus against infantry but it doesn't justify its damage. If you upgrade Sherman, it will now become weaker against tanks. Not good for balance

Changes to infantry.
Most of my suggestions to infantry are for changes meant to change how some balance in-game works. Just to spice things up.

In many games, this happens from time to time to make the players not stale on their tactics.

The change for HMG is in direct combination with my other suggestion.

Though I forgot to update the suggestion.

Here's a new suggestion.
"Add a separate category for HMG as Machinegunner or HMG."

Infantry
Sorry, I meant rifleman. The specific change of +200% bonus of rifleman grenade against HMG is to make rifleman take a more frontline role.

The increase in their damage by +100% is for then again to increase their usefulness in exchange for removing some thing on their build list.

MG making their movement cost 1 movement is to rebalance them with my other suggestion of making their movement back to 3 speed.

So basically, they will have 3 speed but will consume 1 turn of their attack when they try to do a fast assault. Pretty balance right?

The minus hp for HMG is to make them easier to kill for riflemen. Part of my combination of suggestions to spice up infantry fighting.

So with these changes being made, I imagine SMG taking a secondary role while Rifleman will get more highlights. HMG use will still be rampant but using them in assaults, HMG can only kill 1 rifleman cause of the suggestion. (I imagined then that MGs will now be used more as a defensive unit) while 2 riflemen can easily assault the mg position and kill the HMG. Pretty balanced on my eye.

Though I think that SMG might need a change on their specific grenades in this case. Though SMG might have same grenade as their rifleman, the damage wouldn't just for balance for my suggestion.

"Remove fixed artillery, mega buildings, concrete bunkers, V1 rockets, Flak 40.
Why everything was used"

Sorry, I meant "Remove fixed artillery, mega building, concrete bunker, v1 rocket, Flak 40 from their build list". They are the ones helping with building those but I imagine engineers are the ones who have the knowledge on starting the construction.

It will also encourage the infantry to be used more on the frontline plus the +200% bonus of their grenade against mg.

Sniper
The sniper's use is to snipe. When they are found, they should be easier to kill and not wipe out a whole unit because they attack first. A simple rebalance.

Paratroopers.
Ok, but at least let them help in constructing and repairing by adding them a mend rate.

The change of range of "fire" for the ships and artillery is also part of my suggestion. Well, looks like that's out.

Flamethrower
But what is your response to my suggestion? Is it ok or not.

Transport vehicles.
I meant if there's a unit inside. It should drop at least one of the units it garrisoned when destroyed.

M3 and m5
If that is so then why is their speed 4? That should have been 5 with the 160km operational range.

Arado 234
It has a speed of 11 with the capability of ju88. Their cost is the same with so much difference in capability. That's 4 speed difference. Should be at least 7-8

Arado E.560
It has 13 speeds. That's almost 2x the speed of the US aircraft you said. The difference in bomb load should have still not made them just equal. At least make it a 9 or 10 cost.

"the 7.2 in Howitzer comes from industry lvl start"
The description though says that it needs to have the 2nd industry tech.

New Suggestion
But here's a new suggestion for the one I didn't mention before because I was still thinking about it... Honestly, I still wasn't finished with the infantry suggestion, where did you get that?
no.

Dragons teeth defense
Too easily destroyable by tanks. It shouldn't be that way.

Suggestion
Can it be like roads where it will be a decoration tile when finished constructing and tanks will not be able to cross it while infantry will be able to pass or remove it using the remove terrain option in their build list?

Richelieu
It should have the same range as Yamato. Its 380mm cannons have a 42km range also.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks, but i feel all is about discussion with jasondunkel.
I was about to publish the current DEV version, are those ok? have you seen them in game?
if we are ok, or at least not worse than now than i would publish and all other changes you discuss with Jasondunkel can go into next update - ok?
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:52 pm thanks, but i feel all is about discussion with jasondunkel.
I was about to publish the current DEV version, are those ok? have you seen them in game?
if we are ok, or at least not worse than now than i would publish and all other changes you discuss with Jasondunkel can go into next update - ok?
I won't describe it too much but please look at the description of the new hurricane fighter unit description in game. There is an error.

Also, it's not really that much fix anyway so I think it could wait for a short time. Idk.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

"I won't describe it too much but please look at the description of the new hurricane fighter unit description in game. There is an error."
you mean campital name and missing description - thanks! fixing.

I will need to publish soon that is why i wondered if anyone saw the changes.
thx
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Well, it's going to be a discussion but most of them are still just errors just like this.

Littorio class
It has 15inch guns buts its damage is only 28. It should at least have 36-38 damage.

Its gun's range is 42km. It should have the range of fire 7 same as Yamato.

Norfolk have the same range of fire as other cruiser IRL, why does it have only 5 range?

An inquiry. What is the computation for range of ships? There seems to be big range from how it looks from 28-40. 12km worth.

Also, this one is specifically for you @Stratego (dev) to make an opinion. There's a submarine on axis that is called which is the type xxi u-boat. It's a submarine that cost 2 but is ultra more powerful than most submarine.

Just please look at it's stats and compared it to other submarines on the game but submerged and not.

The problem is that it has no actual counter by the allies.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Also, this one is specifically for you Stratego (dev) to make an opinion. There's a submarine on axis that is called which is the type xxi u-boat. It's a submarine that cost 2 but is ultra more powerful than most submarine.

Just please look at it's stats and compared it to other submarines on the game but submerged and not.

as i remeber it was lower cost because irl germans were making them a cheap and fast producable sub.
is it better than others? were they irl?
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:16 am
Also, this one is specifically for you Stratego (dev) to make an opinion. There's a submarine on axis that is called which is the type xxi u-boat. It's a submarine that cost 2 but is ultra more powerful than most submarine.

as i remeber it was lower cost because irl germans were making them a cheap and fast producable sub.
is it better than others? were they irl?
They are supposed to be good but it has no real experience in real war during ww2 so no one is really if it will perform good or will be just like the French tanks.

Many of what i read claims that it is bad irk.

Like the French, they are good on paper but not IRL. On reality, they were bad because the germans wasn't simply able to accommodate their creation due to ally harassment.

I also don't understand why it's sight is so big.. Shouldn't that be for US and UK who have better radar technology on their ships and subs?

In game
There is no better subs than it.
It has 4 speed speed when submerged while most have 3 and 2, and their sights is 6 so they can see everything. They also have so much more hp than normal 2 turn subs.

Once you reach 3rd industry, no one can oppose you at sea. All to more that axis seems to have the best torpedo planes.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

xxi u-boat
speed: as i see in xls it should be 3 submerged
sight: i dont remember maybe there was some consideration but i dont remember @Jasondunkel u remember why? or i can set to sight as other subs?
hp: hp is based on its weight, and calculated by xls so that should be kept.
cost: this is arguable, as i wrote i rememer they are cheap because they we so much more mass producable (and maybe cheap?) as any other.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:12 am xxi u-boat
speed: as i see in xls it should be 3 submerged
sight: i dont remember maybe there was some consideration but i dont remember @Jasondunkel u remember why? or i can set to sight as other subs?
hp: hp is based on its weight, and calculated by xls so that should be kept.
cost: this is arguable, as i wrote i rememer they are cheap because they we so much more mass producable (and maybe cheap?) as any other.
If thats the case then we should make the liberty ships 2-3 cost then.

US literally made 2700 of that big ass 10k tons ships. 2 per day to be exact.

Let's also not forget the 24,000 ally landing craft made in between 1942-1945. Should have cost 1-2 with it's number IRL

Fletcher destroyer should then also be 2-3 cost since US made 175 of them and 3-4 cost for summer because they made 70 of those compared to the 15 germans elbing boat (which somehow cost 4 turns in game) and the 12 (1934A) destroyer who is just the same 5 turns.

I mean, it definitely would be more balanced now since countering the German type 21 is now highly possible.

But yeah, kinda breaks balance right?

Btw, those are real working ships unlike the German type 21 which was just like mouse and other German wonder weapon that didn't really work.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

cost: you misunderstood: not the amount was made but the "time cost" to make (as i know the germans generalized the equiments, and their sizes so they could manufacture faster and more replacable items with other subs maybe.)

balance: sure we will find a way.

i asked jasondunkel for his memories before changing anything.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:04 am cost: you misunderstood: not the amount was made but the "time cost" to make (as i know the germans generalized the equiments, and their sizes so they could manufacture faster and more replacable items with other subs maybe.)

balance: sure we will find a way.

i asked jasondunkel for his memories before changing anything.
That's literally included in what I said already.

Most of what I said were made between 1940 and 1945

100 Type 21 u boat were made between 1943 to 1945. 2 years. 50 per year

Made 175 Fletcher from 1941 to 1945. 4 years. 43 per year

The allies made 1-2 liberty ships per day. 2700 in four years. 675 per year.

24000 landing craft from 1942 to 1945. 3 years.
8k ships per year. 21 ships per day.

So what I said were still on the same context on what you meant.

The point im trying to make here is that, it's quite obvious how so many units in game didn't adhere to the cost irl. Destroyer and landing ships in general. If that's the case, I don't see why type 21 can be excluded when its obviously more OP than other ships.
Last edited by DreJaDe on Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

no the "amount made" is not not what i mean. I mean the unit time cost or how to say: the work-time and material cost of a single submarine (so not the "amount" produced in one year - that is not relevant in what i mean)

but whatever: i asaked jasondunkel memories about it - i might have wrong memories about the reasons.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:07 am no the "amount made" is not not what i mean. I mean the unit time cost or how to say: the work-time and material cost of a single submarine (so not the "amount" produced in one year - that is not relevant in what i mean)

but whatever: i asaked jasondunkel memories about it - i might have wrong memories about the reasons.
Uhmmm, I don't think that is valued if that's what you mean...
Just the material cost would be hard because of the value of money is different for every nation. That's not really a great way to measure it.

Like the value of work being much cheaper in China than in USA. That's also true for cost of parts and materials.

Work-time is kinda just looking at the same thing in different terms. LOL
I mean, ships made per year is literally a measurement for how fast workers can complete a ship.

So yeah, it's relevant. Highly relevant.

It's also kinda bad measurement if you look at It since countries can speed up work. And countries will only build the numbers they need.

But yeah, I don't know anymore.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

for the range of the ship's artillery, we agreed that it shouldn't be higher than 6. either we just forgot about yamamoto or we had a reason at the time that i don't remember anymore. therefore the range of the yamamoto is limited to 6.

yes the Littorio class gets the attack power of 38

drejade we already had the discussion about the German submarine XXI here is the reason why it is the way it is. 1. the Germans were the only ones who put a focus on submarines and developed a rapid construction method there therefore the allies did not have a comparable submarine 2. underwater it is faster than above water 3. the submarine no longer has a cannon, so it is only good for torpedo battles 4. The Germans had new systems for the submarine to improve enemy detection So I see no reason to change anything

if we follow your argument ion because of the number of ships built we would have to use that for other weapon systems as well and with the t-34 we would then have a tank that would only need about 2 or 3 rounds of production the allied jet planes would have to be more expensive because there was no series production there furthermore, all test and drawing board units would then also have to be significantly more expensive

According to the wiki, the Norfolk only has a range of 28 km here is the link for the gun https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BL_8-inch ... _naval_gun

dragon teeth there are no real big obstacles. we can try to make it hard for the tanks to break through. therefore they should be light for infantry units as well as artillery units. we can certainly install the engineers who remove the dragon's teeth. but it should not be exclusive. the question is whether the engin gets everything but we have to look at that again in detail

to pick up tnt sougtion
Yes, all mobile artillery, scout vehicles and armored transport vehicles should be protected by the extra ability of armor-piercing grenades such as M24 grenade bundles, Hawkins anti tank ect. can be attacked

infantry I don't think it is necessary to upgrade the Rifleman because they are quite limited in all things I would continue to let them build everything because they are so weak there that it doesn't matter. the buildings mentioned need forever if you would build them with the riflemen
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:07 am for the range of the ship's artillery, we agreed that it shouldn't be higher than 6. either we just forgot about yamamoto or we had a reason at the time that i don't remember anymore. therefore the range of the yamamoto is limited to 6.
Ok then, I might just have been confused. Last time I saw, it has 7 range.

But I don't think I was the one who talked to you with that.
Jasondunkel wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:07 am
drejade we already had the discussion about the German submarine XXI here is the reason why it is the way it is. 1. the Germans were the only ones who put a focus on submarines and developed a rapid construction method there therefore the allies did not have a comparable submarine 2. underwater it is faster than above water 3. the submarine no longer has a cannon, so it is only good for torpedo battles 4. The Germans had new systems for the submarine to improve enemy detection So I see no reason to change anything

if we follow your argument ion because of the number of ships built we would have to use that for other weapon systems as well and with the t-34 we would then have a tank that would only need about 2 or 3 rounds of production the allied jet planes would have to be more expensive because there was no series production there furthermore, all test and drawing board units would then also have to be significantly more expensive
I don't think we agreed on this. And on this topic, at least make the American destroyers cheaper if this is going to continue. To counter German subs, they ramped up all their production and mass produce their destroyers also, I think it's just fair for both if germany have their super OP subs.
According to the wiki, the Norfolk only has a range of 28 km here is the link for the gun https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BL_8-inch ... _naval_gun
Furutaka main gun have 29 km range - 6 range
Trento Class have early 30, late 28 km range - 6 range
Alegerie have 28km range - 6 range

Like I said, why is Norfolk and now that I see Northampton exempted to this?

Northampton have 27km range - 6 range

Jasondunkel wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:07 am dragon teeth there are no real big obstacles. we can try to make it hard for the tanks to break through. therefore they should be light for infantry units as well as artillery units. we can certainly install the engineers who remove the dragon's teeth. but it should not be exclusive. the question is whether the engin gets everything but we have to look at that again in detail
I have a better idea, why not as trap instead? It would be invisible or visible if you want but if tanks drive through it, they will be disabled for 3-5 turns. (See traps in Age of strategy for reference.)
Jasondunkel wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:07 am to pick up tnt sougtion
Yes, all mobile artillery, scout vehicles and armored transport vehicles should be protected by the extra ability of armor-piercing grenades such as M24 grenade bundles, Hawkins anti tank ect. can be attacked
I got a nice idea for Hawkins, what if it can disable tanks like how it was used.

infantry I don't think it is necessary to upgrade the Rifleman because they are quite limited in all things I would continue to let them build everything because they are so weak there that it doesn't matter. the buildings mentioned need forever if you would build them with the riflemen
Actually, not sure if this is intended cause I only wanted max 25 damage to infantry but even German rifleman can now eliminate British rifleman with grenade so they aren't weak anymore.

I've been using them now because of how fast they are and their grenades that can eliminate MG like I wanted to.

Two grenades for most others can eliminate other infantry which is what I want though should have been only against MG and not for all infantry....
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i wait for the others to be discussed, but the cruiser ranges i checked and set to be based on xls.
in xls: cruisers ranges:
- these have range 6 in xls: Deutschland, Hipper, Kirov, Trento
- all others have 5 range

and i go set this
-------
ok it is set, the changed ones:
Changed Cruiser ranges on Furutaka and Algerie: 6->5
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

all ship types that you list here have a range of 5 in the xls, i.e. all classes are then reduced to range five where it is not the case now

I'll answer the rest later

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”