An overall random spawn point tc

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
DreJaDe

An overall random spawn point tc

Post by DreJaDe »

As the title has said, currently, we have in AOS, those pairs of randomized player spawn points from 1-6.

Why not have a fully randomized version?

I suggested this, not to remove the current one or replace it but just to add another option. I noticed this problem while making maps where players can easily know where other players' exact spawn is from the get-go

With this, that would be reduced.
b2198

Re: An overall random spawn point tc

Post by b2198 »

Currently in the reworked generation it works like this:
  1. It fetches all Spawner2s and adds them to a list
  2. If the game has at least 3 players, it then also adds all Spawner4s to the list too
  3. If the game has at least 5 players, it then also adds all Spawner6s to the list too
  4. After that, all of those spawners are randomly distributed between the players (not sure if this part will continue as it is, because that (distributing starting TCs) is currently what I'm working on, and I'm not yet testing for maps that have Spawners in them, for simplicity sake) and chosen as starting TCs
If it's better to keep current behavior and then add a generic random spawn point that can go to any player, regardless of their "number", I can change it to do that, but I'm not sure if their current behavior is better, due to the same problems I was discussing with you over your map in discord and also the ones you mentioned here.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Gameplay & UI”