Sauron as a Special Unit

Hyacintho

Sauron as a Special Unit

Post by Hyacintho »

Yo!

I mark my return to this forum with a desire to see Sauron implemented as a special unit in Age of Fantasy. Graphics are provided below.
Though its been a long time since I've coded for units, I believe I can do this as well, though any help on this front is much appreciated.
Attachments
64_tar_mairon.png
64_tar_mairon.png (2.11 KiB) Viewed 867 times
64_unit_sauron.png
64_unit_sauron.png (2.4 KiB) Viewed 867 times
Anchar

Re: Sauron as a Special Unit

Post by Anchar »

Hmm I really like Sauron, if it were possible I would marry this handsome man. But in his elven form, it would be possible to refine his hands, the hand with the knife is shorter than the other and is twisted unnaturally.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

AoF won't be implementing map editor or fun units like those for now..

Due to engine limitations, Savra is only allowed to put in regular and producible units.
When Stratego upgrades the engine, it may be put in.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

Duly noted about the Fun Unit Policy. I plan on creating the JSONs anyway, just in preparation for the future, and to get back in the groove of coding for units. I will post the JSONs here when completed.

About the Tar Mairon graphic, I understand the criticism. Try to look at the left arm as positioned behind his back, rather as positioned in front of his chest. It makes far more sense. I will modify the graphic to make this more apparent.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Are you planning on making a campaign with them on it?
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

No, I just think he'd be a nice addition to the LoTR themed units in the game. Besides, I've already made the graphics so I thought "why not?"
I am in no rush to have these implemented.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Hmm, can you make Black Sauron's hand extended palm upward with gnarled fingers? It would be epic.
Hyacintho

Post by Hyacintho »

I have modified the Tar Mairon image. I believe your interpretation of the twisted left arm is caused by your seeing the arm as though it were positioned in front of his chest, when his arm should be seen as being positioned behind his back. I have added additional shading to highlight this. Was I successful?

As for modifying the Black Sauron image, I admit I am reluctant to do so. My skills as a pixel artist have decayed significantly in the past two years lol.
Attachments
64_tar_mairon.png
64_tar_mairon.png (2.19 KiB) Viewed 744 times
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I understand how you imagine it, but it still looks unnatural in my opinion, if you do not try to see naturalness + I tried to stand in a similar position and I think that it is very uncomfortable to stand so (try to stand like this in front of the mirror), I think you need to either change your position hands or knife position. And by the way, why not make the dagger curved? Although I do not know how he stabbed enemies.

Return to “Undead”