Age of Eternal War

TheAncientOne

Age of Eternal War

Post by TheAncientOne »

"It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly die.Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from aliens, heretics, mutants -- and far, far worse. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."

Greetings, I am theAncientOne. You might know me if you are member of Discord groups of Age of* games. Now I am here too.
I am almost alone developing Age of Eternal War, Age of* game that will take place in Warhammer 30000 and 40000. Despite initial scepticism, I have earned certain level of popularity in community on Discord.
The main features of the game would be shooting animations and ranged attacks separation into abilities.
For those people who will speak about copyrights, I would like to remind you that Age of Fantasy violates LOTR copyright violently and repeatedly and nobody cares.

Conclusion: fellow Warhammer fans, we shall unite and work on this game together.
May the Emperor be upon us.
Last edited by TheAncientOne on Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAncientOne

Factions in AoEW

Post by TheAncientOne »

The factions in Age of Eternal War will represent major sides in pangalactic conflicts.
Since there are many factions in Warhammer and we don't have too much resources from beginning, I suggest to focus on 3 factions from beginning and then release one faction per global update.
Current factions:
- Imperium of Man
- Forces of Chaos
- Tyranids

All factions have forces, becoming available in different tiers of gameplay and sometimes having completely different gameplay comparing to previous. Forces require a certain research to be available (and probably purchasable upgrade in upgrades).
Forces for factions will be listed in separate replies. The only faction that will generally not have too much forces is Tyranids.
TheAncientOne

Faction overview: Imperium of Man

Post by TheAncientOne »

The martyr's grave is the keystone of the Imperium.
- THE LIBER IMPERIALIS

The Imperium of Man, also called simply the Imperium, is a galaxy-spanning, interstellar Human empire, the ultimate authority for the majority of the Human species in the Milky Way Galaxy in the 41st Millennium A.D. It is ruled by the living god who is known as the Emperor of Mankind.
However, there are other humanoid species classified as Imperial citizens, mainly mutant offshoots of genetic base-line Humans who are known as Abhumans and include such Human sub-species as the Ogryns, Ratlings and Squats.

GENERAL FORCES
• Imperial Guard
• Space Marines
• Sisters of Battle
• Planetary Defense Force
• Church Milita
• Cult Mechanicus
• Imperial Fleet
• Local Milita
• Imperial Titans
• Imperial Knights
• Other minor forces

Most of these forces may have Subfactions, but currently they don't have critical importance, as such skipped.

GENERAL FACTION GAMEPLAY AND ADVANTAGES OVER OTHER FACTIONS
- Very strong defense tactics available, especially with Imperial Guard
- General infantry and vehicles are stronger, but this advantage will be neglected with process of advancing through tiers
- Many forces to build your strategy around, very flexible
DISADVANTAGES
- Require time to set up
- Require many resources
- Require lots of free space to build production buildings
- Tier 0 infantry is only worthy to capture points and hold ground, no offensive potential
- Weaker characters with few exceptions
Last edited by TheAncientOne on Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheAncientOne

Faction Overview: Forces of Chaos

Post by TheAncientOne »

A tide of depravity is upon us. The universe trembles under the hooves of the Daemon horde. Mankind has unlocked the doors of the nether-prison and now must pay the price. The weak and the foolish will be the first to fall. None will be spared the ghastly predations of Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, and Nurgle, nor a host of lesser evils. A temple of degradation will be built over the ashes of the Emperor's Palace.
- THE BOOK OF THE LAST DAYS, CHAPTER I, VERSES I-VI

The forces of Chaos, also spelled Forces of Chaos, sometimes referred to by the defenders of the Imperium as the "Archenemy" and as "Renegades" or "Traitors" when they formerly served the Imperium but were corrupted, is a catch-all term that includes all of the myriad mortal and Daemonic servants of the individual Ruinous Powers of Chaos and of the universal power of Chaos Undivided.
While the Chaos Space Marines are probably the most visible and powerful of the forces of Chaos, they are supported by countless numbers of other Chaos servants, including Human Chaos Cultists, Traitoris Militarum soldiers, the Traitor Titan Legions, the Chaos Knights, the remaining members of the Dark Mechanicum and the legions of Chaos Daemons.

GENERAL FORCES
• Traitor Guard
• Chaos Space Marines
• Chaos Cultists
• Daemonic Legions
• Chaos Knights
• Chaos Titans
• Dark Mechanicum
• Infernal Fleet
• Other minor forces

Most of these forces may have Subfactions, but currently they don't have critical importance, as such skipped.

- Very strong early magic
- Disposable early infantry
- Early buffs from rituals and zeal
- Five subtypes of gameplay intertwined with serving certain God of Chaos - Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Nurgle or all at once
- Corrupt the very soil to gain buffs while fighting on it
- Require little resources to produce units
- Strong characters
DISADVANTAGES
- Tier 1-2 units are underwhelming comparing to Imperial units
- Characters are pricier
- Offensive potential can be neglected by organized defense
- Hard to adapt in early tiers
TheAncientOne

Faction Overview: The Great Devourer

Post by TheAncientOne »

There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has thought and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all it must know us only as Prey.
- INQUISITOR BRONISLAW CZEVAK AT THE CONCLAVE OF HAR

The Tyranids are an extragalactic composite species of hideous, insectoid xenos. They actually comprise an entire space-faring ecosystem comprised of innumerable different bioforms which are all variations on the same genetic theme.
A Genestealer Cult is a xenos-worshipping secret society made up of and controlled by Tyranid Genestealers that thrives in the dark corners of the Imperial underworld across the galaxy. Secretive, stealthy, and utterly malignant, Genestealer Cults are the cancers growing unseen in the hidden spaces of Mankind's realm.

GENERAL FORCES
• Genestealer Cult
• Brood Brothers
• Tyranids Hive Fleet

Forces may have Subfactions in future.

Gameplay can be divided into Early and Late, according to tiers.
Early tiers
- Solid infantry, partisan tactics that can bypass defense lines or lure offense group
- Require little space for construction
- Inherit tier 1-2 troops from Imperium (Brood Brothers)
- Full usage of surrounding terrain
Late tiers
- Horde tactics
- Cheap units
- Orbital drop of units, including monsters
- Terrain consuming
- Adaptations via contradicting researches
DISADVANTAGES
Early tiers
- Pricy infantry
- Lack of defense structures, have to rely on units
- No vehicles on tier 0
- Can be caught off-guard and grinded down by experienced player
Late Stages
- No characters, only elite monsters and command monsters
- Most of units are underwhelmingly weak against late tier units of other factions
- No strong defense structures
- No vehicles at all
- Require lots of space to build
DreJaDe

Re: Age of Eternal War

Post by DreJaDe »

Were you able to get permission from the makers of warhammer 40k?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Age of Eternal War

Post by Stratego (dev) »

" I would like to remind you that Age of Fantasy violates LOTR copyright violently and repeatedly and nobody cares."
this a wrong argument (a mapeditor unit, or a map or a campaign - is not same "weight" as total game THEME).
------------------------------
i can not publish any copyrighted variant, sorry :(

(remark: as LOTR case: we can make a campaing of this theme in AOG/AOA(?), but not a whole new alternative)

----------
Also in general i have a fight already with Google and Apple stores as they once both rejected some alternatives (eg. AOF beside AOS) as they was said to be same games published multiple times.
though: i figured out that was because of same appearing main menu - that is the reason i needed to change AOF graphically on Android too)

Return to “New variant ideas”