New Unit: Armored Knights with Upgrade ANSWERED

TheOrder971

New Unit: Armored Knights with Upgrade ANSWERED

Post by TheOrder971 »

Armored Knights

A 15th-century armored knight was a formidable warrior clad in a suit of steel plate armor, typically weighing around 60-70 pounds. Their helmet, often a close-fitting sallet or bascinet, protected their head while allowing good visibility. The knight's chestplate, backplate, and limb defenses offered excellent protection, while a chainmail hauberk often lay beneath for added security. They wielded weapons such as a longsword, poleaxe, or lance, and rode into battle on a sturdy warhorse. These knights were the elite warriors of their time, epitomizing chivalry and feudal honor during the late medieval period.
Armored Knight.png
Armored Knight.png (1.34 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Armored Knight Elite.png
Armored Knight Elite.png (1.59 KiB) Viewed 863 times
Stats
Armored Knight
Cost: 6
HP: 60
Attack Power: 16
Range: 1
Armor: 5
Pierce Armor: 3
Speed: 5
Sight: 5

Armored Knight Elite
Cost: 6
HP: 65
Attack Power: 20
Range: 1
Armor: 6
Pierce Armor: 4
Speed: 5
Sight: 5

Also, All Armored Knights Unit has the Same Damage Bonuses.

Everyone Any Ideas For These Suggestions? will Ideas to be Accepted and Implemented.
godOfKings

Re: New Unit: Armored Knights with Upgrade

Post by godOfKings »

Nope, they make current knights obsolete and cant b killed by their counters, if 5 speed knights have this much health then elephant will need 200 hp
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

But they can b great skins for current heavy knight and cavaliers though
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:33 pm Nope, they make current knights obsolete and cant b killed by their counters, if 5 speed knights have this much health then elephant will need 200 hp
Maybe. But is a Variation Of Knight become Heavy Armored. This not Obsolete. these are New Knight Variants. okay.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

TheOrder971 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:36 pm
godOfKings wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:33 pm Nope, they make current knights obsolete and cant b killed by their counters, if 5 speed knights have this much health then elephant will need 200 hp
Maybe. But is a Variation Of Knight become Heavy Armored. This not Obsolete. these are New Knight Variants. okay.
Knights are heavy armored. Our knights ARE heavy armoured. Whats the difference of your knights and our knights? Does your knights bring in a change? They're both knights that use heavy armor. I dont see what was your point in adding them. If we added these, they will just replace original knights in terms of purpose.
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Thats exactly wat he wants, his new and stronger knight variants replacing old knights, unfortunately these stats cant b accepted

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

A unit - so a group of knights along with some squires, servants, can always be attacked to recieve some damage.
Knight unit has specific weaknesses made from long thinking of reason why some units could deal bonus damage and also ingame balance - if gameplay would be good with those weaknesses.
The same goes for strenghts (damage bonuses) and general stats.
Those proposed here are obviously too strong, as they allow to one-shot almost everything, that could normally stand against knights.

With those exact stats - even if unit were made unique and cost 10 turns - I'm pretty sure it would still be used.
Possibly very frequently.

There is also no real place for a unit, that is really just stronger duplicate.
New unit needs some place in a gameplay, while not making other units obsolete.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:35 pm But they can b great skins for current heavy knight and cavaliers though
I still prefer using the images for skins instead of making a new knight

TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:08 am
godOfKings wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:35 pm But they can b great skins for current heavy knight and cavaliers though
I still prefer using the images for skins instead of making a new knight
Here Example Of Armored Knights in the 15th century.
It Was Late Middle Ages.

This is Not Skins Mates. These are New Unit For Armored Knights. Just 6 Turns and make Nerfed Stats.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

And whats wrong with cavalier looking like armored knights? If u nerf the stats they still end up becoming cavaliers but costing 6 turns

TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:53 pm And whats wrong with cavalier looking like armored knights? If u nerf the stats they still end up becoming cavaliers but costing 6 turns
No... The Knight Variants.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

U can just rename cavalier to armored knight and it would still b the same, technically gendarme, cavaliers and vanguards already represent the 15th century period armored knights just optimized for different roles

TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:08 pm U can just rename cavalier to armored knight and it would still b the same, technically gendarme, cavaliers and vanguards already represent the 15th century period armored knights just optimized for different roles
I don't think rename the Unit to Cavalier to Armored Knight.

Here Example

Non Armored Knight
- Knight
- Heavy Knight
- Cavalier

Armored Knight
- Armored Knight
- Elite Armored Knight

That's All.

but one thing... Accept the unit to be Implemented.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

What makes u think cavalier is none armored knight??? Its tier 3, it has armor in its stats, it represents progress in age and knight using medieval armor

DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

TheOrder971 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:46 pm but one thing... Accept the unit to be Implemented.
I dont tbink you have a chance on this one..

Current knights are actually pretty armored. They are the knights you wanted but just not how you want them to be.

There are already many knights in game and although I think this is more realistic than shield knights IRL, still applies that what you wanted is already there.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

There is nothing wrong with using the above images as skins for heavy knight and cavaliers, u get ur unit design without any unbalanced or op stats that cant b balanced without replacing the same unit that costs 4 turns

U can even name the skins as armored knight skin pack, it all matches and becomes win-win for everyone

U need to understand its not simple to implement just any unit idea into the game, it has to win everyone's approval and b balanced without affecting other similar units in-game

TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

Hello Everyone for this Post.

I Guess thinking to Be Accepted then Implemented.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Can b implemented as skins for heavy knight and cavalier, not separate unit though

U can name it as armored knights skin pack

TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:30 am Can b implemented as skins for heavy knight and cavalier, not separate unit though

U can name it as armored knights skin pack
But I am not Sure... I think is NO.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Just so u know it cannot b implemented as a unit because its just more expensive knight, knight itself is wearing armor, so 2 units being same but separate is contradicting, the upgrades of knight are considered to b advancing in age while the third upgrade, the cavalier is considered to be in the same time period of 15th century as u claim these units to b in

That is y i suggest to accept these as skins, then they can b implemented in the game and used by whoever wants to

TheOrder971

Post by TheOrder971 »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:34 pm Just so u know it cannot b implemented as a unit because its just more expensive knight, knight itself is wearing armor, so 2 units being same but separate is contradicting, the upgrades of knight are considered to b advancing in age while the third upgrade, the cavalier is considered to be in the same time period of 15th century as u claim these units to b in

That is y i suggest to accept these as skins, then they can b implemented in the game and used by whoever wants to
Not Now. I Don't Think As Skin unit.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it can be skin if you want.
tell me if so

Return to “Unit - mounted”