Faction leader

Urss2004

Faction leader

Post by Urss2004 »

Hi
I think that an unique leader for each faction can be a fun idea, these units can be really powerful and have abilities linked to their faction and the historical figure they represent.
They'll have a cost between 8 and 10 turns to make things balanced (I am using the inquisitor as a point of reference). Of course the number of leader a player can produce at once is 2 max for player (If 2 are already too much we can set it to 1).
I already have candidates for each faction, what do you think of this idea?
Urss2004

Re: Faction leader

Post by Urss2004 »

>Romans<
-Julius Cesar:
Cost: 8 turns
HP: 35
Power: 12
Range: 1
Melee armor: 2
Pierce armor: 3
Speed: 3
Sight: 3
Actions: 1
Cesar was one of the greatest roman general so it should have all the legion command aura and high morale (4 range) , as for his ability he can "inspire" his soldier giving all roman unit in a 4 range area: +5 power, +1/+1 armor, +1 action for the rest of the turn, but as a drawback the next turn the action drop to 0, leaving them vulnerable after the escalation (1 timeout, 6/8 cooldown).
-Augustus
HP: 45
Power: 12
Melee armor: 3
Pierce armor: 3
Sight: 3
Augustus was the first roman emperor so it should have high morale aura and an aura (5 range) that gives every roman a 30% bonus resistance,he can commend any roman foot soldier and it gains +2 power, +40% resistance ( 3 timeout, 3 cooldown)

>Greek<
-Leonida I of Sparta
Cost: 9 turns
HP: 31
Power: 16
Melee armor: 8
Pierce armor: 7
Sight: 4
Leonida is well known for his last stand at the Termopili, he has a high morale aura (5 range) and a secondary aura that gives hellenic troops the trait "die hard" which allow them to survive a fatal hit once (I think it is cool, but I don't know if possible). It has the active ability to create a phalanx formation, essentially all hoplite-like units in 5 square gain +3/5 armor, -8 speed, full counter (1 timeout, 4 cooldown)
-Pericles
HP: 20
Power: 5
Melee armor: 2
Pierce armor: 2
Speed: 4
Sight: 5
Actions: 2
Pericles was a really important governor of Athenes, we could argue that his leadership saved the city, it has an aura (6 range) that gives everyone +50% resistance and +2 speed. It can cast "haste" which gives a single worker +1 action, +10 mend rate (2 timeout, 6 cooldown, range 3), "demoralize" (5 timeout, 0 cooldown, 6 range) and can declare the "emergency status" which gives every hellenic unit +1 speed, +15%hp, +2 sight (4 timeout, 14 cooldown, range 6)

for the other factions I already have candidates but have little to no idea on how define them
>Slavic<
-Rex Samo, first king of the first slavic empire
-Vlad III of Valacchia, also known as the staker
>Nordic<
-Canute II the Great
-Halfdan Ragnarsson
>Arab<
-Tariq Ibn Ziyàd (Brutal general, invaded spain)
>Religious<
-Hermann von Salza (Teutonic order grand master)
-Hugues de Payns (Founder of the Templar order)
>Celtic<
-Queen Boudicca (Repelled a roman invasion)
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Every historical person are usually added as map editor unit. Great idea but we already have julius ceasar in game. He's a map editor unit. I believe that as much as possible "hero" units are to be avoided because originally the game wasnt made in this in mind, the FUN units or easter egg units are only playable in skirmish games with upgrades yes 5 - 10 - 15. Hero units tend to remove more strategy and become locked to whoever gets their heroes first and game balanced around these heroes, which is not what aos is. For campaign map purposes, these are wonderful but as much as possible aos skirmish/multp is about dynamic strategy. Being able to use any strategy at any given time and units from any time region, hero units will be always trained and would end games based on which heroes you picked and your army will always play around your hero which is against the "any unit, any strat, anytime anywhere"

Urss2004

Post by Urss2004 »

I didn’t think of that, you are right they would change the dynamics of the game too much and i like the way it is right now, at least there are some good fun unit idea out of this 🤣
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Adding more map editor units are always welcome. Specially if you're planning to make a campaign where you need a specific unit that is not currently in thegame yet. You can always suggest a map editor unit for thepurpose of being used in a campaign yiu are working on. Just like the brigand units
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support

Return to “Unit - supportive (buff, heal, repair etc.)”