Multiselect button feedback IMPLEMENTED

b2198

Multiselect button feedback IMPLEMENTED

Post by b2198 »

When you press the button with an infinity symbol, there's no indication (that I could see) of in which mode you are currently (camera movement vs unit selection), which I find very confusing, as I stood there for almost a minute trying to move a unit after pressing it a few times to see what it did and failing to understand that lol.

Also, this behavior is the same as in the Android version, but when you select just 1 unit in the "selection mode", shouldn't it work just like a selection in the "normal mode"? Meaning it should be able to move, attack, etc.. That's another thing I find a bit confusing.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: "Infinity" button feedback

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks!
ok! how should i indicate we are in multiselect mode?
Also, this behavior is the same as in the Android version, but when you select just 1 unit in the "selection mode", shouldn't it work just like a selection in the "normal mode"? Meaning it should be able to move, attack, etc.. That's another thing I find a bit confusing.
this one you mentioned for android version, or for the unity version? or for both?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:13 am thanks!
ok! how should i indicate we are in multiselect mode?
Maybe changing the button color when activated, or displaying some text somewhere. Other players might have better ideas here, as I'm not great with UX stuff XD
Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:13 am
this one you mentioned for android version, or for the unity version? or for both?
Both, if I'm not mistaken.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

b2198 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:32 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:13 am
Both, if I'm not mistaken.
ok but wouldnt that be bothering that you "miss" to select a second unit accidentally, so you need to re-ativate multiselect mode again?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:39 am ok but wouldnt that be bothering that you "miss" to select a second unit accidentally, so you need to re-ativate multiselect mode again?
Maybe. I don't really use multiselect, so I don't really know what would be the best way of doing it here...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

:(
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Multiselect button feedback

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i made it have a red scrreen everywhere (a semi tranparent red layer) also the button is blinking when active.

i hope that is ok.

Return to “IMPLEMENTEDs”