Some middle eastern units not buildable in the middle eastern factory IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
godOfKings

Some middle eastern units not buildable in the middle eastern factory IMPLEMENTED

Post by godOfKings »

Since lasik assasin, spahi and persian immortals are middle eastern units then shouldnt they also b built in middle eastern factory?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Re: Some middle eastern units not buildable in the middle eastern factory

Post by Endru1241 »

Sipahi was added to the factory.
The other two - to new mega building.
In general mixed megas roster a bit.
Age of Strategy design leader
b2198

Re: Some middle eastern units not buildable in the middle eastern factory IMPLEMENTED

Post by b2198 »

Wait, sipahis are supposed to be categorized as [Middle Eastern]? They aren't currently (and actually when checking I saw they aren't categorized as any culture, not even neutral, which is probably unintended?)

Doing that would actually make them worth training, which would be great, since they have been some of the worst cavalry units for a long time now... Although just categorizing them as [Middle Eastern] might actually be an overbuff? Not sure, will have to check properly at some other time.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
v094517

Re: Some middle eastern units not buildable in the middle eastern factory IMPLEMENTED

Post by v094517 »

Maybe making them only affected by sufi/janissary. Also, can map editor ottoman units also be categorised as middle-eastern (potentially only affected by sufi/janissary)
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Ok, just did the calculations:

Sipahi:

Code: Select all

hp  attack  armor  p. armor  speed  attack+bonus
base stats                         22    10      3       1        5         20
also with blacksmith techs         22    12      5       3        5         24
also with the mamluks tech         26    13      5       3        5         26
also with the damascus steel tech  26    14      5       3        5         28
also with the sufism tech          31    15      6       3        5         30
also with the janissaries tech     31    16      6       3        5         32
also with high morale              31    17      7       4        5         34
also with fervor                   31    18      7       4        5         36
also with read holy scripture      31    19      8       5        5         38
also with bastion of faith         31    19     12       8        2         38
Doesn't seem excessive for me, and might become a useful mid-term between a light cavalry and a heavy cavalry for them in the sense that it can kill light infantry just as easily as heavy infantry, but isn't nearly as tanky as their heavy cavalry (due to lack of hp and slightly lower p. armor). What do you think?

Also, maybe it should be in the patch notes that they are now categorized as [Middle Eastern]?

Edit: maybe that table would have been better off if I transposed it? Let me see...

Edit 2: Yeah, a lot better this way.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

I forgot what was sipahis purpose ingame. I used to use them way back, eventually i forgot about them. I think their only gimmick was that they'd do double damage against infantry and they were the only light cavalry that could do it. If i could recall correctly, they were the best for skirmishes and battle cleanup, like THE best in their ranks. Maybe we could get further into what were the sipahi for the army it served and we could give him some modern changes like having unit upgrades and abilities/passive auras.
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Added category.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Unit balancing”