Unit production screen upgrade

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
skrrbby

Unit production screen upgrade

Post by skrrbby »

I'm ashamed to say this took 2 hours to make, do not hire me :c
TntAttack

Re: Unit production screen upgrade

Post by TntAttack »

As a AoWw player that description is messes with my mind. Can the same description be used in AoWw for the ww2 era French rifleman?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

skrrbby wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:07 pm I'm ashamed to say this took 2 hours to make, do not hire me :c
seems a little crowded to me,
dont forget know that these informations are all available on logclicking on that line - i assume you suggested knowing that.

but maybe a few important ones can be put there like
Hp, power, range, nr of attacks (with icon that shows and attack type)

the rest should be kept on the unit statsheet part.

also remark: in unity version only designed the "only unit image and cost" (grid layout). It is question too if this little more informative lines is needed on Unity version too. I might open a poll about it on discord.
As a AoWw player that description is messes with my mind.
you mean you like the idea or not?
skrrbby

Post by skrrbby »

TntAttack wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:04 am As a AoWw player that description is messes with my mind. Can the same description be used in AoWw for the ww2 era French rifleman?
The description? Yeah, I also find it a little confusing that it rather vaguely describes the infantry in a WW2 setting, it'll likely get changed down the road as the devs climb down the priority ladder.
skrrbby

Post by skrrbby »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:19 am
skrrbby wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:07 pm I'm ashamed to say this took 2 hours to make, do not hire me :c
seems a little crowded to me,
dont forget know that these informations are all available on logclicking on that line - i assume you suggested knowing that.

but maybe a few important ones can be put there like
Hp, power, range, nr of attacks (with icon that shows and attack type)

the rest should be kept on the unit statsheet part.

also remark: in unity version only designed the "only unit image and cost" (grid layout). It is question too if this little more informative lines is needed on Unity version too. I might open a poll about it on discord.
As a AoWw player that description is messes with my mind.
you mean you like the idea or not?
I agree it looks crowded and it can overwhelm new players, but I think more advanced players could benefit from it as it makes comparing stats easier. Could a setting that switches between simplified (current vanilla list), normal, and advanced view fix that?

Return to “Gameplay & UI”