Issues with Nato aircraft

Huttensohn

Issues with Nato aircraft

Post by Huttensohn »

I won't talk about the broader balancing issues here, let's focus on the obvious.

Western Bloc has access to US helicopters, namely chinhook, Apache, blackhawk and ah 1 cobra, but only from Town. Not from airport as US does this on purpose
?

Plus - the dassault mirage III needs the supersonic flight tech, while the newer and better dassault mirage f1 doesn't need it, it only needs defcom 3.
Similar, etandard doesn't need the supersonic flight tech. Okay, it's only transonic, but it clearly has a jet engine.
And then even the super étendard doesn't require the supersonic flight tech. Should be fixed.

Another one with helicopters. Western Bloc now has sa341 gazelle helicopter for two turns and defcom III. of course, it is one shotted by basically everything, but it has a very powerful load out and can be spammed.
Compare it to the cobra of us - the cobra costs 1 turn more and only has an air to air missile and a very weak gun , while the gazelle has three missiles and the gun.

The gazelle is almost comparable two the apache helicopter which costs 4 turns and defcom II. Apache also has speed 4, one anti air and two air two ground missiles. The apaches hellfire missile is locked by the air to ground missile tech, whereas the gazelles weaker air to ground missile is not locked. Of course, Apache has 21 instead of 11 health , but both are one hit killed anyway by most air and anti air means.
And of course, Apache has stronger gun and three actions. Still I think, the gazelle should at least cost more.

Plus, the Eurofighter typhoon is in Western blocs list, but cannot be trained from neither airport nor town in the real game.
My Name is Trior in age of Modern wars (second most multiplayer wins)

Return to “Issues”