AoS Tournament 2022 [DRAFT]

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

AoS Tournament 2022 [DRAFT]

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Rules
  • Duration: 120Days
    Starts on __/__/2022 __/__GMT
    Ends on __/__/2022 __/__GMT
  • There will be 72hrs(3days) time limit for taking turns
  • Expected to be All against All 1v1 individual matches
  • If the match ends before the duration of 120 days,
    The winner is granted 3 points
  • If the match didn't ends within the duration of 120 days,
    The winner is selected by some conditions:
    • There should be an appreciable difference of 1.25 times or more in the individual game scores
    • Tournament moderators may ask for screenshots from both players for verification purposes.
  • Fun units are disabled.
  • Easter egg units( Coolguy) are not allowed.
Participants
Scoreboard
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
b2198

Re: AoS Tournament 2022 [DRAFT]

Post by b2198 »

Started on 2022-08-30 16:07 GMT
Ends on 2022-12-18 18:00 GMT
(as a programmer, I gotta keep the ISO format on the date XD)

Participants
  • amdevy
  • b2198
  • darklord100
  • Foxious
  • friedrich
  • godOfKings
  • hyuhjhih
  • mickmackmike
  • Sombrar
  • Warson
  • zded
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Actually let me just post the final version of the rules that @Warson sent earlier in the whatsapp group, for reference:
Warson wrote: AOS Tournament Rules (final version)

This tournament starts on September 1, 2022, and lasts until December 18, 2022, 6pm London time.
Each game will be 1vs1. Every player starts one game with every other player in the tournament
→ The map for this tournament will be „OPEN FIELD“!

Map Setup:
Options to be set are allow upgrades but no spell upgrades and no ai players.
The maps shall be set to fog to each game consistent and so that each player cannot take an advantage from map familiarity before the game begins.
TC spread should be „normal“. Stating units should be „few“.
Each Game to be set up with 72 hour time limit for a turn. Without any limitation to maximum turns
Take your turn within time budget - skips and kicks are allowed!

Each player starts a game with the next half below him in the list and becomes second player in the other half of the games with the guys above him. (11 is next to 1. and vice versa)

In this tournament, the participants are:
1. Amdevy
2. B2198
3. Favor
4. Foxious
5. Friedrich
6. GoK
7. Hyu
8. Mike
9. Sombrar
10. Warson
11. Zded

e.g. Amdevy has to create 5 games and to invite B2198-GoK and should be invited by Hyu-Zded. Zded will be invited by GoK up to Warson and has to invite Amdevy up to Friedrich.

The games should get a „T-“ and the names of both players (inviting player first - e.g. „T-Amdevy-B2198“). Please select a clear password without any difficulties, blanks etc. - e.g. luck or summer - and send it directly to the others via WhatsApp.

At the end, points will be awarded by the following:
3 points for a finished game with a win (0 for the second)
2 points for a leading player (at least 25% lead on score on last turn played) and 1 point for the second
1.5 points for both (where the difference is <25% - e.g. 24.999999999%)

At the end of December 18, the winner shall be tallied and awarded AOS Tournament Winner 2022
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Sad life that i wont b able to play with steppe faction b4 tourney starts
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Will be worth to follow.
Count me in the audience.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i am in
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Ok here is the rule, suppose u will participate in position no. 12, then wat will b done is u will create a tourney game with each of the first 5 members, from amdevy to friedrich

Game map is open field
Starting troop is normal
Visibility fog
Turn limit 72 hours ( skipping is allowed)

Meanwhile the rest of the participants from position 6 to 11 or me to Zded will create a game and invite u there

@Stratego (dev)

Scoring system is 3 points for victory, 2 to higher scorer and 1 to lower scorer if victor isnt decided yet but one player has higher score, and 1 point to both players if game is a draw with similar points
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Will u join our whats app group as all participants r in that group and it will b easier to find and contact players to join ur game?

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:35 ami am in

I'll post the group invite as parts and will remove once he joins since pm is disabled for him.

Code: Select all

https://
chat.whatsapp.com/
GB8FA7oCLYTGkjCQPzg03U
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
friedrich

Post by friedrich »

@Stratego (dev) would be nice if u will join, are u still planning to?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sure! tell me which game to join for a fight - thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry seems to me hard to reach the games :)
so lets go without me!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

how do i send u game name after making one? via email?

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

for me no need, as i will not have time to play those many games now needed :(
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

For u we can have some exceptions, all the games will b invited by us to u via email, there is no skipping in those games, the games will last till december christmas and if it is draw but u lead ur opponent in score u will get 3 points, and opp get 1 point, if opp lead he gets 2 points while u get 1 point, this exception cuz it is already very late and not enough time to defeat or make an opp to resign with 10 + games simultaneously running, while we already finished some games with clear winners and got 3 points

Also the map is pretty fair since i was able to gain advantage against a few opponents despite the opponents getting first turn, so even if we invite u it wont b easy for u to actually get advantage of first turn

The subject of email would b: AOS tournament match player_name VS stratego and the body will have game name and password, if u r interested i can tell the rest of the participants to make the game following these rules

tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Sad that I can't join the Tournament this time... :(
BTW, will we see the (video replays) recordings (through the logs)(if they have) of upcoming battles?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

godOfKings wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:35 pm For u we can have some exceptions, all the games will b invited by us to u via email, there is no skipping in those games, the games will last till december christmas and if it is draw but u lead ur opponent in score u will get 3 points, and opp get 1 point, if opp lead he gets 2 points while u get 1 point, this exception cuz it is already very late and not enough time to defeat or make an opp to resign with 10 + games simultaneously running, while we already finished some games with clear winners and got 3 points

Also the map is pretty fair since i was able to gain advantage against a few opponents despite the opponents getting first turn, so even if we invite u it wont b easy for u to actually get advantage of first turn

The subject of email would b: AOS tournament match player_name VS stratego and the body will have game name and password, if u r interested i can tell the rest of the participants to make the game following these rules
thank you so much, but seems to me i have no enough time to play that many games - so if that is ok let tamtam play the opened games in my place if that is ok for all.

sorry!
b2198

Post by b2198 »

tamtam12345 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:20 pm BTW, will we see the (video replays) recordings (through the logs)(if they have) of upcoming battles?
Yup, almost 80GB of videos already, just gotta learn how to properly edit them now... and not run out of memory, which is becoming a harder task every turn I play :sweat_smile:
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:03 pm thank you so much, but seems to me i have no enough time to play that many games - so if that is ok let tamtam play the opened games in my place if that is ok for all.

sorry!
Maybe we should split the next one in 2 or 3 rounds, so that there are less matches to play at once.

I'd be ok with tamtam joining if they have enough time to play the 11 matches. If they're played like once or twice a day I think they can still be finished before the end date even in a long stalemate situation.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

b2198 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:06 pm Maybe we should split the next one in 2 or 3 rounds, so that there are less matches to play at once.

I'd be ok with tamtam joining if they have enough time to play the 11 matches. If they're played like once or twice a day I think they can still be finished before the end date even in a long stalemate situation.
No. I am not confident that I could play once for 11 matches per day...busier than before...Don't need to change the original plan. :)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Its not exactly per day, with 3 days limit u could divide when to play turns like 4 matches 1st day, 4 matches 2nd day, and 3 matches 3rd day, so all 11 matches u play ur turn

tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:29 am Its not exactly per day, with 3 days limit u could divide when to play turns like 4 matches 1st day, 4 matches 2nd day, and 3 matches 3rd day, so all 11 matches u play ur turn
Ok. I am in(if still have a space). PM me. :)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Would u like to join the whatsapp group where all tourney players r active?

tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:43 pm Would u like to join the whatsapp group where all tourney players r active?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Btw, the tournament ended a few days ago. Here is the final ranking:

(Favor, also known as darklord100, was disqualified(and banned) for cheating in multiple matches)

Congrats to the champion @friedrich for winning all 11 matches and the tournament!
b2198

Post by b2198 »

And here are the individual match results:

(just to leave the rules here, because the final rules for the scoring were a little different from those in the first 2 posts, but I forgot to post them here earlier :sweat_smile:)

Rules used:
  1. If the match was finished on time: 3 points for winner and 0 for the loser
  2. If not:
    1. If one of the players had at least a 25% lead in score: 2 points for the leading player and 1 for the other
    2. Otherwise: 1 point for both players

b2198

Post by b2198 »

Btw, I have been recording all my matches for this tournament, so when I start to get some of them edited I will be posting the videos here... But knowing my history, it probably won't be soon :sweat_smile:

(also almost 200GB in videos for a single tournament o.O, F for my storage capacity)
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Congrats the champion Friedrich. :)
I think it would be great if the Tournament result & video links were posted into Version Log.

Return to “Introduction”