Orbital Bombardment for the Humanity WAITING IMAGE

Badnorth

Orbital Bombardment for the Humanity WAITING IMAGE

Post by Badnorth »

Orbital Bombardment
A unique structure will gain an ability to use Orbital Bombardment as a Long range artillery ability that can deal a devastating amount of damage to a location. Humanity Orbital Bombardment will have Oversized Rockets that was launched from space motherships or Military outposts on standby and will be targeted to the planet's surface. This ability will cast a huge spell that has large damage and radius. Cast range is 20. Damage is 20 with bonuses to buildings, Splash damage of the bombardment is 2. Damage will decrease by 50% for every tile further from the epicentre. 20 turn initial cooldown in it's unique structure.

It was discussed on discord about the details. Most of the idea was from @Midonik.
Unique structure image can be a satellite dish or a relay tower. The structure will have a initial 20 cooldown so it won't be spammed in games. Cooldown won't reset even if you delete it and build it again. It in fact will start over.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Midonik

Re: Orbital Bombardment for the Humanity

Post by Midonik »

Oversized rockets is not a good name, but besides that seems good. The buildings itself should be not so easy to build, and of course the tech should take a while to research as well.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Badnorth

Re: Orbital Bombardment for the Humanity

Post by Badnorth »

Well, the oversized rockets thing was just a name for the bombardment strike. It can have better names in the description.

Tech should probably cost 6 or 7 turns. Having to research the tech while waiting for the initial 20 cooldown is kinda long.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Anchar

Re: Orbital Bombardment for the Humanity WAITING IMAGE

Post by Anchar »

It will be funny if the Human installation destroys the Lizard orbital installation or vice versa. Perhaps this building should be given stealth? Although it will probably be very strong.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I suppose that could be a problem on revealed map. The building having stealth doesn't seem like a bad idea. I dont think the building itself needs to be very tanky, it can be made far away from the frontline.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

U can make it that dmg does not one shot building but reduces hp to very low like 1 or 2 remaining, or 10 - 11 if its a special bigger building or hp of buildings was increased by tech research

Basically it will b more of a tactical strike to weaken enemy defense just b4 attacking rather than surefire one shot atk, that way it cannot destroy orbital bombardment buildings of other race
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Different race can have different type of strikes, reptilian can b aoe laser blast that has slightly weaker dmg but cause burning effect, insect could b a giant meteor made from a carapace or shedded skin layer of a insectoid mothership, it could have an added effect of summoning debris on empty tiles in an area that needs to b cleared up

Myconid could b a giant fungal cloud that does not deal any dmg but disable all unit producing buildings in an area for a set no. of turns like aof undead curse spell
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

avians being the most advanced in flight based technology, perhaps they can summon the whole mothership, being the only race capable of achieving this feat, basically in a set range, may b 20 tiles, summon a mothership with insane hp, much lower dmg than other orbital bombardments, but multiple action like 3 action and bonus against units instead of buildings, lasts may b 2-3 turns because it is still too difficult and inefficient to make such a large mass hover across the planet's atmosphere against its gravity and needs to quickly fly back into orbit before fuel depletion reaches critical level.

and the cooldown of spell is due to need to replenish fuel and make it ready to enter the planet's atmosphere again

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:05 pm Different race can have different type of strikes, reptilian can b aoe laser blast that has slightly weaker dmg but cause burning effect, insect could b a giant meteor made from a carapace or shedded skin layer of a insectoid mothership, it could have an added effect of summoning debris on empty tiles in an area that needs to b cleared up

Myconid could b a giant fungal cloud that does not deal any dmg but disable all unit producing buildings in an area for a set no. of turns like aof undead curse spell
For insectoids I was just going to have them use artillery shells. No lasers in the game cause burn so I dont see why the orbital one should. Im not convinced that stoping production.
godOfKings wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:24 pm avians being the most advanced in flight based technology, perhaps they can summon the whole mothership, being the only race capable of achieving this feat, basically in a set range, may b 20 tiles, summon a mothership with insane hp, much lower dmg than other orbital bombardments, but multiple action like 3 action and bonus against units instead of buildings, lasts may b 2-3 turns because it is still too difficult and inefficient to make such a large mass hover across the planet's atmosphere against its gravity and needs to quickly fly back into orbit before fuel depletion reaches critical level.

and the cooldown of spell is due to need to replenish fuel and make it ready to enter the planet's atmosphere again
I dont think its a good idea to have spaceships in planetary combat. This whole idea is to walk around that...
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

laser causing burn: the reptillian mothership in space could absorb the energy of the star to make a supercharged laser than can indeed burn stuff, like solar flare

mothership: only avians have access to it for a short duration like 2 turns, or may b even 1 turn, like a giant mega building in the sky that will suddenly appear, deal some damage then disappear, like space strike instead of air strike

myconid curse spell, i think it works flavorwise like lots of rapid fungal growth disrupts the normal working process of the building

each of the spell will still have long cooldown

Return to “Humans”