All Dwarf suggestions in one thread POST ON THE SEPARATE TOPICS

diesel

All Dwarf suggestions in one thread POST ON THE SEPARATE TOPICS

Post by diesel »

HELICOPTERS: Removing from tc all flyers is still best i think. Targeting not an issue as there is a high miss rate for living targets (and naturally flesh should take heavy dmg when hit by bomb etc)

Opinion Targeting not issue. Remove from tc and spamming solved

~

BESERKER: Not an issue (esp as dwarf player). I have no 1 turn unit, slow to produce build and upgrade, and easily overrun early game. I am used to being pushed back by all races before i start expanding again. Any small/med map i find it almost necessary to get a beserker out first for crowd control - even against ai. With no armor they get more useless as game progresses, and 5 turns hard to actually spam.

Opinion: Leave as is. Can reevaluate in future with slayers sub.

~

CHEVALIER/SABRES: the costs are balanced with each other considering abils speed etc, but yes a bit cheap. On the other hand they are difficult to get into battle.

Opinion: add 2 turns to cost of each but do not nerf any abils (like power range)

~

MINES: we already increased cd and i think thats fine - any more and I'd rather build sth else. Couriers are 2 turn so dont nerf mines any further

Opinion: adding 2 to construction cost would suffice

~

LEVEL-UP: there are no problems here! Especially with shield tech separate and the # of bldgs necessary for dwarf research (meaning decision making with limited build slots) @Vlad use our last game as example: orcs are worse

Opinion: No change necessary

I think that was all of them
makazuwr32

Re: All Dwarf suggestions in one thread

Post by makazuwr32 »

Helicopters:
As stated in previous topic helicopters and gyrocopters will be changed to target flying units only with their default attack.
Other abilities if those can target ground they will still be.
Removal from tc is also required.

Berserker:
This unit as stated already is planned to be a part of slayers sub. Up until we will work on them it is fine to move him from barracks — they amyway will be trainable in separate factory + mega.

Chevalier and sabrecore:
I do not see any actual reason no change them including their costs.
They are fine for now and will become weaker during magic update to debuffs.

Mines:
Gem mine as for me right now is too fast constructible and need cost around 6-8 actions.
Gold mine also might require more time to build.
Abilities for gold mine — we will see after looking how they are working after this change to construction cost.

Leveling system:
Probably only for armors (armor, shield, mechanical armor) but i think some cost changes is required.
Probably 6/8/8/8 or 5/7/8/9 cost for them.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:35 amHelicopters:
As stated in previous topic helicopters and gyrocopters will be changed to target flying units only with their default attack.
Other abilities if those can target ground they will still be.
Removal from tc is also required.
Everyone agrees here
makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:35 amBerserker:
This unit as stated already is planned to be a part of slayers sub. Up until we will work on them it is fine to move him from barracks — they amyway will be trainable in separate factory + mega.
Please leave in barracks until Slayers sub. This leaves boars only strong early unit, and they get slaughtered until upgrading. Barracks then totally useless after 20 turns or so. No armor, no leveling, these are def not op units.
makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:35 amChevalier and sabrecore:
If they will weaken slightly in future than I agree leave as is.
makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:35 amMines:
Gem mine as for me right now is too fast constructible and need cost around 6-8 actions.
Gold mine also might require more time to build.
Abilities for gold mine — we will see after looking how they are working after this change to construction cost.
CD stays same, cost increase. Yes, I agree.
makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:35 amLeveling system:
Probably only for armors (armor, shield, mechanical armor) but i think some cost changes is required.
Probably 6/8/8/8 or 5/7/8/9 cost for them.
Yes, just armor sounds like good solution.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

diesel wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:00 am
makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:35 amBerserker:
Please leave in barracks until Slayers sub. This leaves boars only strong early unit, and they get slaughtered until upgrading. Barracks then totally useless after 20 turns or so. No armor, no leveling, these are def not op units.
makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:35 amChevalier and sabrecore:
If they will weaken slightly in future than I agree leave as is.
Berserkers:
They are not supposed to be there in the first place. Same as for example there are no special mounts cavalry in regular stables for humans.

Chevalier and sabrecore:
Their main weakness (and in general dwarven weakness) will be magic and especially debuffs. Yes they would be able to remove them but it will be much easier to debuff unit with 10% spell resist than with 80%.
During magic update we will reduce max possible spell resistance on most units. Elves and dwarves will be only races with natural spell resistance being 20% and 10% respectively. Every other race will not have any means to globally increase spell resistance.
Ofc there might be some very specific units who may have higher spell resist but this will be individual feature rather than race/subrace features.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
diesel

Post by diesel »

ok totally understood

@makazuwr32 @Vladneral just to keep order is this correct?

1) helicopters removed from tc
2) beserkers removed from barracks
3) no change at this time to the 4 big guys
4) mines +2 cost then see how it goes
5) slight change to armor leveling

then everything atm concerning dwarfs is addressed, we can close these threads and move on :)

only trying to sweep all this clutter away so u can concentrate on the other points vlad listed
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i al so locked this mega topic as please open separate topic for each topic,
alsi saw reundancies on other topics.
so please copy from here a topic you try to answer and post on its separate topic.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

wait i see this somehow a duplicate of Vlads topic, i close this and please post on the separate topics.

Return to “Closed ones”