Red Book button not working for workers. ANSWERED

phoenixffyrnig

Red Book button not working for workers. ANSWERED

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

The ingame red book info just comes up blank for workers and elite workers. I have checked in several of my games. The out of game info in Help, Units works fine, just seems to be a problem for checking individual workers in game, I think this was since the road building changes a few weeks ago.

EDIT - all is resolved now.
Last edited by phoenixffyrnig on Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
MaharajaInfernape

Re: Red Book button not working for workers.

Post by MaharajaInfernape »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:36 pm The ingame red book info just comes up blank for workers and elite workers. I have checked in several of my games. The out of game info in Help, Units works fine, just seems to be a problem for checking individual workers in game, I think this was since the road building changes a few weeks ago.
The same thing has also happened with me multiple times.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

phoenixffyrnig wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:36 pm The ingame red book info just comes up blank for workers and elite workers. I have checked in several of my games. The out of game info in Help, Units works fine, just seems to be a problem for checking individual workers in game, I think this was since the road building changes a few weeks ago.
What game version? Public, dev?
On which type of game? Campaign, skirmish, multiplier, all of them?
On phone, tablet, emulator?

I am asking for details, because I have to say most IT thing, that could be ... it works on my system without issues.
Age of Strategy design leader
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Apologies, to be more specific

It's on public version, on my phone.
Noticed in MP games, I've also tested in skirmish - just comes up a blank box for me.
Same with Elite Workers, same with allied or enemy workers.

As I say, I think it is from since the road building changes came in. Reconfirmed in-game in real-time as I typed this on my second device.

(Was that better for efficiency of communication Endru? That's pretty much how I talk to my boss in real life :lol: )
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Not informative enough.
Use more formal language - I recommend learning law.
Eventually scientific dialect.
As a bonus some work opportunities can open.
At least where you can speak with your superior (and maybe colleagues) using a little more refined tongue.

Jokes aside - I tried public version on emulator and indeed it happens (but randomly and inconsistently), but I also loose TC properties window right after loosing worker window - could you check if it's like that too?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I checked and it also happens on dev version.
But I only perceive it on bluestacks (bs 5.0.100 to be exact) and I read it emulates Android 7.1.2 - Nougat.

And AoS was rebuild on newer android sdk, so maybe that changed something.
Or what I see is unrelated.

What android version do you use, @phoenixffyrnig ?
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Well if you have problems with that, I'd better not tell you how my boss talks to back to me! :P

Oh dear, I think I'm drowning in a technology conversation again... I'm on an oldish phone running Android 6.0.1, I'm in the South of France, and I had chips beans and feta cheese for dinner. That's pretty much everything useful I can tell you.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I checked changing language too (although for polish).
It seems to have no influence.

What I could experience:
- it always opens on android 10
- it's sometimes blank for some units on android 7 (I recalled it happening on android 6 way before for other units)
- it seems to be only happening for some units (I found TC and confirmed worker)

Information yet to be found:
- cause of blank propsheet to show only for some units
- any possible fix

It may be related to html template elements loading, so that units with more things to load would have this happening.

For now I can only give advice - if this screen is needed for something - try few more times to close, open again.
Sometimes it opened.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I remember this similar report from a player named hellofriends. But, when i asked stratego, he replied it was the webview issue.here . But this sound much familiar. The report was, he never was able to open help, overview, init stat, upgrades-more.etc. he said all he could see is the blank background scroll image. @Aral_Yaren please confirm since you might know him more than me
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

The player by IGN: Hellofriends is still complaining that he cannot open: help menu (including unit statistic and game preview) and classements (record on win, gems, and so forth). The last time (around 9 days before) we talked, he'd mail dev.

Also - it runs well in my device (4.44). The only one (I'm fine actually so no stressing) is that I cannot open classement since a few months ago, if that might come to considerations.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Well, we are lucky the dev is working on unity deployment.
Maybe it'll remove all those problems.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i think we (Endru+me) have a faint hope to have these fixed.

Return to “Units/techs/effects”