Scouts - IMPLEMENTED v986

Mairon

Scouts - IMPLEMENTED v986

Post by Mairon »

My point is that scouts are horrible when compared to scout birds and I think that they should be compensated for this by being able to fight a little.
Reasons why scout birds are better:
Can pass mountains and water-especially important in ocean maps and the world map.
Faster-speed is what are scouts for.
Sees further-same as above.
Is more tough-Yes, it has 2hp compared to scout's 5 hp, BUT any unit that is meant to fight (not healers, workers) kills it in one hit anyway, while scout birds, as flying units take only 1 dmg from close range units and therefore two strikes of a nonranged unit, regardless how strong (even elephants, destroyers) can kill scout birds in two hits. To sum it up-scouts die in one hit from anything, scout birds die in one hit from archers and their variations and two hits from anything else.
In my opinion, scouts should have 6 hp and attack 4. It is not much, but it can defeat a priest at close range (that is, could, were it not for crazy conv. chance) and remember that you can make them in one turn.
Cheers, everything will go well! Yes, ask the other person to lend you something/go on a date/do anything else! They ain't gonna bite your head off!

Tar-Mairon, The Excellent in vanyarin is the name of Sauron [The Abominable] before his fall.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Scouts

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I see!

What about hp 6 and power 2?
we must be careful not to make an effective unit with 1 turncost.
kon

Post by kon »

разведчики созданы для разведки а не для боя. однако,самолетик который делается за 4 хода летает гораздо дальше,чем птица разведки. получается что боевой самолет лучше в разведке чем специальная птица. перевожу через яндекс переводчик. если будут ошибки-извините!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Please run the translator on your text before putting into the forum, thanks! Please replace this one too with the english version.
kon

Post by kon »

oops... how to do that....I mean the translator to write more of nebudu, but if what you know about this)
kon

Post by kon »

scouts created for what? wooden planes fly farther than the scouts. combat aircraft good in intelligence? but scouts worse. tried to change the text so that it is legible.
Mairon

Post by Mairon »

6hp and 2atk is okay with me. I forgot to add that scouts can't also pass (not go into) unoccupied TCs. I know that they aren't meant to enter them, but it is annoying especially on many TCs setting as they have to walk around them and when there are also lots of mountains and water, the scouts are practically unable to move (happened to me on the new three big continents with mountains along the shores). This applies to every ungarrisonable unit, like scout birds, ornitopthers etc. These units are often very fast, so they reach the uncaptured TCs first, but that is limited by having to walk around TCs and towers. You should code it in somehow that they would be able to pass only on some tiles.
PS:Flying units should be able to fly over enemy walls and towers or else having flying units is kind of pointless.
Cheers, everything will go well! Yes, ask the other person to lend you something/go on a date/do anything else! They ain't gonna bite your head off!

Tar-Mairon, The Excellent in vanyarin is the name of Sauron [The Abominable] before his fall.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Scouts - IMPLEMENTED v986

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok 6/2 is in.
thanks.
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

scouts were good enough before the change. Ok, I agree they're not as good as the eagles, but I would certainly used 2 scouts instead of 1 eagle for some "land" maps.
JeremyVail

Post by JeremyVail »

I am completely new. Can anyone tell me how I can use the flying scout? In the tutorial "waypoints" I have 4 flying scouts, but I have no hint or tip telling me how to use them.
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

On maps where you can see the whole map they are useless. Only get them on maps with "fog of war" (the one's where you can't see everything) then just use them like normal unit's, the only differences are.... they have their long move range and far sight, and can move on water and stone tiles, this will let you plan ahead by seeing the enemy and landscape before charging in. (Just try to avoid combat, as they are killed extremely easily) :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
JeremyVail

Post by JeremyVail »

Thanks for the response. I also would share the recently discovered tactic of using the flying scout to lure archers away from the front line.
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

Thats a good idea. I'll try that in the future :D
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
ollie444

Post by ollie444 »

Wow! version 986! We're in the future. :shock: (look at title)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

ollie444 wrote:Wow! version 986! We're in the future. :shock: (look at title)
lol so bad...
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Closed ones”