AOS Tower Defense - ANSWERED

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

AOS Tower Defense - ANSWERED

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think there needs to be a limit on towers...

Played a game where the AI turned half the map into a giant fortress of towers.... enough said :?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Re: AOS Tower Defense

Post by COOLguy »

Currently AI only builds towers around their TC's. I think that is okay otherwise they are so easy to just walk across.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ahh, ok, well there was like 4 tc's clustered together and there had to have been at least 13 towers. And there was tons of hidden catapults and workers inside them, which made them utterly ridiculously ridiculous to attack. I should have taken a screen shot :|

Even with my great transports filled with wagons of heavy catapults and centurion/legionaires, I felt like a Russian in the battle of Stalingrad. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

lol. Someone did that on purpose in one of the campaigns (put lots of TC's one-two spaces apart).
Thanks!
Josh
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

I feel that catapults shouldnt be able to be put inside towers.

Ballista on the other hand would be fine IMOconsidering ballista were built for being stationed on ramparts.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

What is wrong with that? More often than not in fuedal times, catapults and even trebuchets were mounted on the ramparts of a fortress to throw objects at attackers.
benedictarnold

Post by benedictarnold »

There are already a few balancing units for the catapult and I don't think it changes too much to have them in a tower. Ornithopters, trebuchets, cannons, other catapults, fire archers, and even knights if you can catch them out in the open.

Putting a cat in the tower basically gives it an extra 50-150 hp (depending on the type of tower). A good boost, but it also makes them sitting ducks for other more mobile units. I almost never do it. Too defensive a mindset in my opinion :)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

was this discussion closed?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes, it would be fixed with the population limit we discussed - and fortifications should not be limited directly anyway.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Re: AOS Tower Defense - ANSWERED

Post by DoomCarrot »

This topic was posted before trebuchets were a thing if I remember correctly...
COOLguy

Re: AOS Tower Defense - ANSWERED

Post by COOLguy »

Nah, trebs were always good. I think you were just being lazy when you posted it. :)
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Closed ones”