Decapitated heads on a spear ANSWERED

Badnorth

Decapitated heads on a spear ANSWERED

Post by Badnorth »

Decapitated heads on a spear. This could fit on massacre or raiding related missions in map editor. I am hoping for this to be added. If possible Corpses too can be added as a map editor stuff.
Attachments
Decapitated head on a spear Man.png
Decapitated head on a spear Man.png (981 Bytes) Viewed 1319 times
Decapitated head on a spear group.png
Decapitated head on a spear group.png (1.23 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
Decayed decapitated head on a spear group.png
Decayed decapitated head on a spear group.png (1.98 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
Decayed pecapitated head on a spear.png
Decayed pecapitated head on a spear.png (1.03 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
Decapitated head on a spear woman.png
Decapitated head on a spear woman.png (1.01 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
Last edited by Badnorth on Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Gral.Sturnn

Re: Decapitated heads on a spear

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Damn so brutal but so it is war, they look really cool i like them quad
~Gral.Sturnn
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Yes, war was common long ago. From what I've seen it was full of Mass Murders, Rape, Hunger, Mental illness etc. I saw some movies and games with decapitated heads on a spear after a massacre that happened in a village or town of some sort e.g. Warcraft3, the romans war thing ( forgot title ).
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I want corpses for map editor.
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

it happened a lot actually it only stopped at the 19th century
~Gral.Sturnn
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

We became more civilized.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

In ancient wars of our country, it was a custom of warriors to gift the ruler with head and rewarded.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
ProtectorLordGarmin

Post by ProtectorLordGarmin »

Maybe creating one of these in place of a high tiered enemy unit would fit, like if a Centurion is killed their head is displayed on a pike, because my English class read Macbeth recently and mounting heads on pikes or spikes makes it apparent that someone important has died.
It sounds like a lot of work but cmon I mean you guys added like idk how many units since I started playing and they've only made it better
If included important units which have heads mounted would be
Unique units (Inquisitor, hero units, map editor only units)
Ones that in context are high ranking (Centurions, Condottiere, Crusade Leaders, etc.)
And maybe a trigger could be added for it, like in some campaigns there are units that when killed force a loss to the game. Maybe their heads could be mounted on spikes, because most of the time those units are commanders in the campaign's context
Leader of the Aegis Protectorate, the proud Defenders of Ambidia! If you would like some heavy protection, we can do some mercenary work... but such elite warriors come with an elite price.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:01 pm Decapitated heads on a spear. This could fit on massacre or raiding related missions in map editor. I am hoping for this to be added. If possible Corpses too can be added as a map editor stuff.
I'll could them as map editor units (well buildings to be precise).
Or it could be banner equivalent with negative effect, buildable (not sure if random production would work for buildings, but one best fitting could be selected). It could be later limited only to specific cultures.
As for corpses - you mean from AoF graphics? Those could be added as decorations on terrain.
The only question is if it doesn't mess Google rating of age requirement.
ProtectorLordGarmin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:09 pm Maybe creating one of these in place of a high tiered enemy unit would fit, like if a Centurion is killed their head is displayed on a pike, because my English class read Macbeth recently and mounting heads on pikes or spikes makes it apparent that someone important has died.
It sounds like a lot of work but cmon I mean you guys added like idk how many units since I started playing and they've only made it better
If included important units which have heads mounted would be
Unique units (Inquisitor, hero units, map editor only units)
Ones that in context are high ranking (Centurions, Condottiere, Crusade Leaders, etc.)
And maybe a trigger could be added for it, like in some campaigns there are units that when killed force a loss to the game. Maybe their heads could be mounted on spikes, because most of the time those units are commanders in the campaign's context
These methods were used only by very few cultures commonly, so I don't believe it should be added as main part of the game.
And imho better representation of fear tactics is presenting unit or building with low morale aura. Much simpler and clear for balance.
Age of Strategy design leader
ProtectorLordGarmin

Post by ProtectorLordGarmin »

Huh. You have a point. And it does serve to be better as an actually effective structure instead of just a background thing...
Maybe we could have a unit that does this, like the Celtic or Savage units when killing certain enemies mounts their heads on a spike.
Leader of the Aegis Protectorate, the proud Defenders of Ambidia! If you would like some heavy protection, we can do some mercenary work... but such elite warriors come with an elite price.
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

Ow, that is kinda graphic
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:45 pm As for corpses - you mean from AoF graphics? Those could be added as decorations on terrain.
The only question is if it doesn't mess Google rating of age requirement.
Oh no. I forgot about age requirements.
I may have written some brutal comments at my Asgeir campaign (something related to torture).

On topic - For Corpses we can use the AoF, right? I can also create corpse images with dead bodies (not skeleton) but my phone is having a problem.

The Google rating might see the heads on pikes graphic... Or you could just add the non decayed ones. Those are less graphic imo Except for the woman. I want it to be more realistic so I added the body.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

In eu region AoS has PEGI 7 rating, which means
There can only be very mild violence in a PEGI 7 app, like implied violence or non-detailed, non-realistic violence.
If we added this rating could go to PEGI 16
Once the depiction of violence or sexual activity reaches a stage that looks the same as would be expected in real life, this rating is applied.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Neutrals (animals, buildings etc)”