Adding Historical Units ANSWERED

SirLuciano

Adding Historical Units ANSWERED

Post by SirLuciano »

How about we add Vlad the Impaler in the game?you know the monarch of Wallachia,the guy who made a forest of impaled people that made their enemies retreat?
Let the Empire of your land stay within your heart and its knights defend your soul
makazuwr32

Re: Hero Units

Post by makazuwr32 »

Not sure if this is good idea...
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Well itd just a suggestion mainly because Vld the Impaler is a historical person :)
And I'm not trying to suggest that you guys should add Vlad's forest of impaled corpses :lol: that would look scary
Let the Empire of your land stay within your heart and its knights defend your soul
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Well since we are talking about hero units are there any other medieval historical heroes that weren't added in the game?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I think it is easier to count "medieval heroes" aka historical persons who ARE in the game for now.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Fair but I DO know one hero very well and its from the Philippines called Lapu-Lapu.....its just a suggestion :) :|
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

As named heroes probably wouldn't be used in a lot of maps, and they cannot ever be introduced to non-campaign games, so their use is very limited.
Especially as most historical "heroes" are only tales spread by winners, mostly about some leaders.

So if You need hero for campaign - use normal unit or generic hero unit with name and stats changed by trigger.
Especially generic hero units, as they exist in the assets specifically for that.

Named hero units are probably relict of the times when unit name/stats couldn't be changed by trigger and map maker was really set on having unique hero.
What's more, I believe even existing historical heroes could be remade into generic one, so then some mechanic, like unique units could be discussed to bring them to normal games. William Wallace would just need blue->team colors and it could be celt hero or highlander hero, Joan d'Arc could be female knight hero easily. Neither of them have unique abilities, so there is no real reason to have them unique named units.
Only st. stephen has really distinctive look, because of all the flag and shield, so it must be left alone.

All in all - I don't think any named hero units introduce anything good for the game, so I don't plan to introduce any.
But interesting idea for generic hero can be used.
Age of Strategy design leader
SirLuciano

Post by SirLuciano »

Oh....well then this topic has ended I'll try to think of other stuff
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Unless you have a full campaign planned theres no way a "hero" is going to be added
~Gral.Sturnn

Return to “Neutrals (animals, buildings etc)”