Friend invites idea

Ideas about the main menu, the menu structur, upgrades part visuality or how they work and so on.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Friend invites idea

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i received this idea
My question is, is there a way to contact them in game to ask them if they want to play a multiplayer match with me? I have them listed as friends, but I see no way to invite them directly to a game. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Let me clarify my question: I'm aware I can make a friend's only game in the expanded options menu in game creation. How do I invite them?
you can not invite them directly, i will make this option, you can make a friend game so others can not join (for a while) only your friends, so it is a filter to let only people that u like to play with.

actually you can try invite them on chat though - but that will not work if your friends are not reading it.

about the invite feature: how would u like to see the invite?
my quick idea is here please tell me yours:
inviter: makes the friend game and
a) does nothing else the system will notify all friends to join
b) OR in the friends list view you can click one by one the ones he want to invite
invited players: all players receive
a) a notification on the phone (like when u receive a your turn notification)
b) OR a notification appears in main screen of the game saying "you have a invite" and by clicking it it shows the games he is invited, or all joinable games but the ones having invite is marked with something.

what do u think?

daniel
I like option B for the invite. My reasoning is some friends may be much more advanced in skill. If you can choose who to invite, you have more control over the game you actually want to create, without alienating anyone (because they weren't invited). As for the notification they receive, also like option B. If they are opening the game to play, then they will see they have an invite. But, you have to allow plenty of time for them to accept it before it goes public. My reasoning behind that would be that some people turn off notifications to conserve data on their phones, and if they are opening the game to play in the first place, they probably intend to play, so that's the perfect time to suggest they play with you. Thanks
SirPat

Re: Friend invites idea

Post by SirPat »

Real cool idea B is the best option for both
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

B for both indeed is best.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

B
OLÉ
Sultan Suleiman Khan

Post by Sultan Suleiman Khan »

Yep,no doubt.B is for sure...
Sultan Abdul Hamid Khan 2
brave,kind,and worthy than all the Ottoman Sultans,,,
Know history,,,N love history,,,,
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

b.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.

Return to “Main menu”