Warmage apprentice

Midonik

Warmage apprentice

Post by Midonik »

Warmage apprentice (bulid in mage hut)
Cost: 5
Hp: 25
Attack: 8 (spear, standard bonuses to cav), 10 (sword, standard bonuses to bulidings), can switch between them with transform albilty
Range: 1
Armor: 1/1
Vision: 4
Speed: 3
Actions: 1
Spells: Strengthen (self), Regeneration potion (one time use, 100% regeneration, range 1)
The warmages gets mentor aura that gives them some attack maybe.
Those young mens learns from the warmages how to fight and cast spells. They don't fight so well and knows only some basic spells. The warmages often gives them their burden - they carry an regeneration potion that can be used only once and regens 100% HP, they are also obligated to carry not only a sword, but also a spear to support their masters against cavarly.

Slightly edited idea of Storm, it's a main human's unit to be clear.
Last edited by Midonik on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
StormSaint373

Re: Warmage adept

Post by StormSaint373 »

I like the concept for an apprentice/ squire unit.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Midonik

Re: Warmage adept

Post by Midonik »

APPRENTICE! I wanted to call it like that at the first place but I didn't know how to spell it.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
StormSaint373

Re: Warmage apprentice

Post by StormSaint373 »

Glad to help. :D
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Perhaps it's too weak for 5 cost in mage hut? We can give it self flame and lighting weapons, it's quite a basic spell for warmage I guess.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Regeneration potion isn't a spell technically, it's a potion made from herbs.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I think that it would be best to go by the following for mage units...

At minimum...

1. Defense/Buff: direct (double Strike, strengthen, trample, etc) indirect (disenchant)
1. Offense: direct (fireball, thunderstorm, magic missle, etc,) indirect (curse, fear, disenchant)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well I disagree in that case. Given that boi is going to be a warmage, he can only have spells that the warmage has. The only warmage's spell that is offensive is the magic missile, and if that unit has magic missile, that is rather advanced spell I guess... Also, the magic missile is a strong spell, and you additionally can buff him with double strike. 20 armor ignoring damage at range of 5 for 5 turns, I would need to calculate but I won't bother making warmages I think, when that can probably cast more missiles/turn.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well so I made some calculations about that:
15 turns - 3 apprentices (if they had magic missile) - once all are buffed with double strike, they can deal 60 damage/turn with that spell. They would had 75 hp and 1/1 armor each.
16 turns - 2 warmages - if both have double strike, they deal 60 damage/turn. They have 80 hp and 3/3 armour.
Well, a one turn more for a 5 hp and 2/2 armour seems good. Well, there are some things to consider - if you have 3 apprentices, it's harder to buff them, but than more units, than more armour checks the attacks needs to pass, and well in some cases it also needs more attacks. Also you can attack in different places and split with appreciates. The appreciates doesn't have a lifelink, and if we gave the the missile then also both weapon buffs, but they have a 100% regeneration potion, one per each, that can, to be sure, grant them better survivability, and they also have higher melee damage against cavarly thanks to spear version.
Well I need to ask you if you think that situation (the same stats as in the first post, but with magic miss). Certainly it needs to make appreciate and keep warmage useful to be acceptable.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You put some thought into this, hopefully people can balance it out.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Suggestion,
Make as "only" mage apprentice.

He'll chose later wich way to follow (battle, support,sorcerous, tricks, or study in an old library)

May be a buffer with one weak offence.
And one "unique" from list of future mages.

Eg "torch" spell - reveals a 3x3 spots in map - shows stealth and such.

And till ork mages are in TC we can put this there too.
Revenge
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well that's a complicated version.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Basically weaker warmage.
Can be a thing.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Human”