Witcher/Witchman

Alpha

Witcher/Witchman

Post by Alpha »

Been playing alot of Witcher 3 recently after finding some time to play from college, and I feel in love with the idea of a mutated human warrior that has superhuman reflexes and fighting ability that is also a monster hunter. Personally if we were to discuss this further it would probably have a decent attack power against monsters and any other unnatural enemies such as undead in general, elvish war beasts, et cetera.

What are your guys thoughts on this?
Epic Gamer Moment!
makazuwr32

Re: Witcher/Witchman

Post by makazuwr32 »

Idea will fit nice for adventurers guild sub (hunting lodge) but i fear that name "Witcher" is copyrighted so we need to find proper replacement for that.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:45 pm Idea will fit nice for adventurers guild sub (hunting lodge) but i fear that name "Witcher" is copyrighted so we need to find proper replacement for that.
How about just witch hunter or monster hunter
A master of puppetry and manipulation, working from the shadows.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

They gone through different names in popular culture, such as Hexer, Witchman, et cetera.
Epic Gamer Moment!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Any name will fit apart from actual "Witcher".
Alas some names like "Witch" or "Hexer" are planned to be used for the Veil sub of undeads so keep that in mind.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Makes sense, I guess a witchman would suffice. Would it fit any playstyle or reduntant? It would be more interesting to have a take at the battle mage however their spells are more simple or in utility rather then the battle mage, such as slowing enemies down, burning them, force pushing them, et cetera.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

On the topic of having a monster hunter esque unit with basic magic skills, I believe it will suit to be in a tavern or guild and perhaps as a merc unit.
Epic Gamer Moment!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well hunter's lodge will be adventurer's guild for various adventurers.
Barbarian, current unit there with transformation, this witchman and many more will fit it pretty good.
Probably we will put there assassin (he will still be trainable in tc at base, this will be second place to train him).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Sounds interesting. As for general stats I believe they would be relatively good, probably a solid 6-7 turn unit with high HP and armor.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

It would make sense to give him some options for self buffs. Like extra power or dodge, since witchers used such.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well self buff for spell power is fine.
Self strengthen like spells for armor and attack (alas separate ones) also are fine.

And ofc giving few targeted debuffs and specialized bonuses (for example anti-casters or anti-orcs (but not against goblins and other parts of horde) maybe) willbe fine.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I dont think orcs were a thing in Witcher.
Im not sure if there are right categories, but things like vampires, strzygas, trolls maybe, other large monsters would be better things for a witcher inspired unit.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I meant actual anti-subrace bonuses. Not specifically orcs.
It can be trolls/vampires/uruk hais/dragons/plants/lizardmen/draconians or something else.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Trolls and vampires would make most sense I think
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Midonik wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:59 am Trolls and vampires would make most sense I think
We do not need to follow original witcher though.
We have our own lore where lotr coexist with east myths and such.

So i see no problems for our witchman to have bonuses against something else instead.
Maybe even bonuses against cultists of the veil (that actually might be best variant by the way, since berserker is planned to have bonuses against giants and holy sub will have various bonuses against undead in general or against some specific types of undead).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Personally I think they would fit the anti-monster stygma quite well, able to take on dragons, trolls, and other monsters. Of course though they would be effective against humanoid enemies, but it wouldn't be effiecent to use them on that.
Epic Gamer Moment!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Not sure about dragons.
Humans have better anti-dragon units, for example ballista (it has 50% bonus to dragons which when combined with its range and attack makes it outstanding in extermination of those oversized lizards; maxed ballista has 60 attack which means whooping 90 damage (before armor reduction) at range 9 to them).
Another thing is that this unit will be obviously weaker in terms of toughness than imperial shielder and that is a bare required minimum i'd say to fight with dragons for melee unit. Especially flying dragons or upcoming scalefolk dragons with abilities.
Because otherwise he will be dead loooong before he can even get close to them.

Unless you want him to be a ranged unit.

As for other bonuses:
Anti-giant role is set for berserker.
Anti-troll bonuses are fine.
I'd say he might get as well anti-draconian bonuses and anti-plant bonuses.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Actually I agree with what you stated, I believe that would be better to have those bonuses rather then being anti-dragon due to other units.
Epic Gamer Moment!

Return to “Human”