Trainable at place: Mage's Tower

Hp: 45

Attack: 9

Armor: 0

Piercing Armor: 0

Speed: 4

Sight: 5

Spell resist: 50%

Abbilities: Creating Portal ( This Portal has vanish 10 and It counts as a building. If there are 2 portals in the map, then units can move from one portal to the other Portal.) Cooldown 4 Range 1

Teleport ( Can teleport himself to an other location. For example similar to the the abillity Jump from Uruk hais.) Range 3 Cost 1 Action. Cooldwon 2
makazuwr32

Re: Portal Master

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:12 am Problem here is that it is not possible mechanic wise to teleport units by any means.

Needs @Stratego (dev) to implement such option first.
Same here.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

?

but we have such. eg. jump abilities. those are teleporting the caster.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is not about teleporting caster but about teleporting unit a from caster to another unit 5-500000 tiles away.

Also i do not know how to choose target for teleporting when you have for example 5 placed such teleport pads.

In short this idea is alternative transportation for an army over large distances.
If this will become a thing than you can transport this way: workers, battering rams, warmages, wagons full of assassins, siege units and many more for 5/10/20/50/100500 tiles or even over whole map.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Gzeronio

Post by Gzeronio »

If teleporting wagons full of assasines, dragons etc over a long distance would be too overpowered. Then it could be a possibilito to say: small Portal Giants dragons wagons etc cant go through this small Portal

Greater Portal: Every unit can go through this Greater Portal ( Wagons, dragon, battering ram etc)

But Greater Portal would be locked behind a tech to unlock this spell.
Gzeronio

Post by Gzeronio »

Furthermore maybe only humans or other powerfull Magic casters can cast a greater portal because Humans have more knowledge about magic than scaledfolk .

And greater portal could have a higher carry capacity than small portal. In other words more units can go through the greater Portal than through the small portal
Gzeronio

Post by Gzeronio »

And i still got another idea about this. The Portals would be a good way to rescue units from a place. Units could easily return with portals to a safe place if the opponent makes for example a surprise attack.

I saw this in many fantasy Animes like Overlord where portals were used for the already mentioned reasons.
I dont want to Spoiler but there were pretty epic battle etc.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

The problem here is that we do not have mechanic that will allow for us to teleport units.

How to balance it is secondary question since we do not even know how will it work when implemented.

Maybe it will randomly teleport to any tc of the map? And if that tile is water than poor luck — your land unit is stuck.

How to balance this ability we will discuss once we will get it coded in engine.

I am not against this idea of teleporting something over big distance and sure it might be balanced well if think properly............................ Once this mechanic is in the game.

(Side note: yes in theory we may allow for unit to become a carrier with self jump/self teleport ability but this variant will be very powerful and not good one actually).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

I think the ideal way to balance the portals should be the following: The portal master can create portals with a Rng max of 4 titles and a cooldown of 1 turn (but only two portals can be made) and its cost would be 6 turns, maybe even a maximum amount of this unit (1-3 so as not to spam portals across the map). As for the portals, they would be a construction as mentioned before but would be unassailable and with only 6 turns before disappearing (with only 1 turn left for it to disappear, no unit could enter it anymore) About which units could enter these portals, I believe that siege machines and dragons are completely out of the question, dragons already have good mobility for flying (the imperial at least plus the blue one has more mobility in the water so whatever) Siege engines or carts, it doesn't make much sense since the portal will not be something made for this type of locomotion (Warfell bolt and rock scorpion can be an exception because they are transported on foot), leaving only the units on foot and mounted (less flying) and the portal can only have a capacity of 2 and the units are inactive when they enter the portal A to B and remain inactive when they reach point B, giving 2 turns for the units to use the portal. In terms of this balance, I believe it can be used as a basis for a future implementation in the AOF, perhaps some points can change according to everyone's points.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Problem here is technical — in engine:
1. We do not have a «teleportation» — moving unit to different place instantly without using its movement and ignoring (in some cases) obstacles on the way — that can be applied to other targets than self. You can't cast «jump/teleport» (engine wise i mean) onto other target than self and move it to different place. You can't target units inside carrier (even inside caster carrier with this teleport spell) to move into another unit with same ability.

2. We do not have ways to choose properly possible target for teleport via portal if we have in range of portal for example 133 other portals.

Once again this is impossible right now due to engine limitations.

I actually really want portals in the game though. At very least as neutral objects players could place on the maps.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

so this unit will have to wait...
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!

Return to “Human”