Skeleton Phalanx

Zabnar

Skeleton Phalanx

Post by Zabnar »

Skeleton Phalanx

Cost 6/7/8. Now 8
Hp 231. Now 255
Attack 35 🗡, 52 🗡, 71 🗡. Now 52
Armor 4 🗡 , Pierce armor 16 🏹. Now 6/14.
Range 1
Speed 3 ( similar penalties of skeleton giant )
Sight 3 ( nearsighted giant, like me )
Action 2
Construct aff. 40%/46%/54%. Now 25%.
Mend aff. 40%/46%/54%. Now 100%.

Builders: Experimental butchery

Requires: Bone constructs

Special abilities:

Can't be ressurected from a corpse.
Can't be reanimated from other units.
Can't enter wagon or ship.

Left arm damage is 110 🗡 ( decreased by armor ) ( Not affected by buffs or debuffs )
Can attack when arm is raised. Can swing arm when it's raised. Can move when it's raised. All of which inturn activates the cooldown and removes all effects gained from the ability.

Eat up a corpse (uses all actions)
•It uses it's left arm to eat and recover health
Although energy consuming, it's better than ripping the corpse trying to pick it up.

Raise left arm (uses all actions) 3 turn cooldown, 2 turn duration, gains full counter, 2 armor 🗡 and 8 pierce armor 🏹.
•It's arm is heavy and thick, requiring lots of the monster's energy just to raise it.
•While raised, it readies it's blades to strike anything that tries to knock it down.

Swing left arm (uses all actions) 1 turn cooldown
•It's arm cleaves through walls and swarms making enough corpses to fill the butchery.
•It's arm is heavy enough to burst a wall, damaging ANYTHING near IT and the wall.

Movement uses all actions
•Although able to traverse land, It's arm still hinders it's movement.

Categories: (Land, Water, Mountains, Skeletons, Melee, Foot, Shielded, Anti building infantry, Undead)

Description: When a certain lich entered the butchery and asked for "something strong as it is durable", they immediately took the forearms of a slasher replacing the right hands of a four-armed giant found by a grave digger, the lich fused both left arms and took the same bone plating on a monster crusher's back and placed it onto the abnormal giant's left arm, however the appendage is too heavy which hinders it's movement, so the lich took 20% of the giant's femur and had it absorbed into the rest of the bone thickening it, the same had been done on the tibia and fibula aswell as melding the armless slasher into the giant's legs making it shorter than the giant it used to be, which inturn allows it to traverse the land whilst carrying it's main weapon and thus; Skeleton Phalanx. The first of it's kind created by an unknown lich using magic to melt bone into fine slime, melding it onto other parts to create bone constructs of high destructive force.

Appearance: The body and head of the giant are still the same, the neck is shortened by a few bones making it seem like a taller skeleton shielder. The slasher's skulls appear on the skeleton's knees. The giant's arms are longer than the slasher's which extend the blades allowing more carnage, however due to the slasher's lack of control, the blades point in different directions as the unstable creation tries to keep itself together. It's left arm doubled in size as it is a fusion between the once pair of arms on the left side of a birth-defected troll, weighing down the already out of control monster having dragged across the ground denting It's main defence, however not making a difference to it's effectiveness during a siege.

If that's too long for a description; A lich entered the butchery and asked for "something strong as it is durable" they took a giant's strength, slasher's speed and crusher's endurance, the lich meld them all together which resulted into a Skeleton Phalanx.

( I'm not expecting this unit, or ANY future stuff I post to be taken seriously, get drawn and added to the game. I'm just making this for fun because I have lots of ideas in the shower, thinks about writing it down only to find myself watching youtube a few minutes later. )

Makazuwr32 said it himself!
Stats:
I'd say cost must be 8 turns
Since it has 2 actions/turn attack should be 52
No monster skeletons as requirement since it already requires bone constructs
Hp i'd say should be 255
Armor change to 6/14
Speed 3 (same speed penalties as giant skeleton has)
Sight 3
Construction rate — 25%
Mend rate — 100%
Is giant
Regular foot bonuses

Abilities:
Your idea is nice but too complex to make thus next changes:
Eat up corpse (regular — it already heals 50% of max hp)
Left arm attack — deals 2×Attack melee type damage to enemy in range 2, power range 1/40%, 2 actions cost, cooldown 4 turns, no bonuses
Left arm raise guard — gives +4/+10 armor, decreases attack by -10, speed by -2, -1 action, gives specifications "double damage on counter", "movement costs all actions", lasts 2 turns, cooldown 6 turns
Last edited by Zabnar on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:15 am, edited 31 times in total.
Once a Warfell engineer and crystalline researcher. Now mad lich seeking revenge on killers.
Zabnar

Re: Skeleton Phalanx

Post by Zabnar »

If you're wondering why it's named "Skeleton Phalanx".
It's called that after the famed Phalanx formation in which roman hoplites clump together forming a circle, the soldiers in the outer layer raise their shield forward and the rest upward, inbetween the shields are spears or swords impaling any cavalry that took charge. Because the construct uses it's large "shielded" arm to defend against all sorts of attacks then retaliating with it's "slasher" arms.
Last edited by Zabnar on Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Once a Warfell engineer and crystalline researcher. Now mad lich seeking revenge on killers.
Zabnar

Post by Zabnar »

A). If the damage it deals is absurd, then I can

1). Cost 6 and 35 attack 🗡. ...
2). Cost 7 and 52 attack 🗡. Monster titan?
3). Cost 8 and 71 attack 🗡. Undettin

B). If the damage the left arm deals is absurd, then I can

1). Lower it to 65.
2). Lower it to somewhere within the 80-100 scale (Numbers chosen must be a multiple of 5), cost +1 (optional).
3). If it's a cooldown problem; +1.

C). The cost is based on the other stat changes above.

1). If the cost is 6; Construction affinity is 54% (12.96 × 18 turns = 234.28/231 HP).
2). If the cost is 7; Construction affinity is 46% (11.04 × 21 turns = 232.84/231 HP).
3). If the cost is 8; Construction affinity is 40% (9.6 × 24 turns = 231.4/231 HP).

Makazuwr32's cost 8, Construction affinity is 25% (6 × 43 turns = 259/255 HP).

D). Those are the only stats I know that need reworking. If it's the armor or some other unlisted stat, that's upto you guys.

Hell yeah!
Last edited by Zabnar on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:24 am, edited 13 times in total.
Savra

Re: Monster Phalanx

Post by Savra »

Well, it would need some rework to stats a bit.

But other than that, description is pretty interesting.

Also,I think it might be better if it's a bone construct, as monster skeletons are only monster forms of reanimatable skeleton's.

Bone constructs are similar but constructable.
Savra

Re: Monster Phalanx

Post by Savra »

Plus we need more bone constructs, lol.
Zabnar

Post by Zabnar »

Which stats?
Zabnar

Post by Zabnar »

Mend rate of skeleton worker is 24, multiply that with a random percentage (construction affinity).
Then multiply the product with how many turns (in Makazuwr32; AoF Dev. Co-leader's words).
Repeat the process until you get a number that's lower than 230.
-1 Hp because starting construction of a structure or unit starts at 1 Hp.
The last percentage shall be the construction affinity (unless number of turns required change).
Last edited by Zabnar on Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Actually, it might take longer cause construction bonus would be in the negatives, buildable units usually take longer to build then they are to produce.

Also to note, skeleton workers will be getting upgrades to mend rate too.

As for stats, in general we would need to rework it to see how best to balance it while still making it useful but not op.

@makazuwr32
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

At least construction cost (by basic workers) must be 3 times higher than its production cost since you can use more than 1 worker to build it (if you are lucky and have 4 tcs in "+" shape with empty center than you can have even 72 workers in total working on the single construction within single turn. And producing 12 such monsters for single turn in such case will be overpowered).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Jerryqian39

Post by Jerryqian39 »

[.https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... me-0_2.png
I have made a template for it but it definitely need modifications.
As it is your design I will change stuff on according to your will
Zabnar

Post by Zabnar »

My little modification
Attachments
Skeleton Phalanx.png
Skeleton Phalanx.png (3.84 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
Last edited by Zabnar on Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zabnar

Post by Zabnar »

Does it look good? I got the slasher arms (needs to be longer), is he doing the stanky leg? It's legs and neck shortened, not it's entire body. Collar bone should be wider, ribs and left arm bigger. The hell is that purple sh-- on it's head? If the purple splatter on it's head are the eyes, then I don't need to know what the fu-- the empty socket below it is, cause I'm just gonna say that THAT part is the eyes, that's the eyes and nothing could change it (unless I get the unit models). Got the slasher's skulls on it's knees though. Head is definitely replaceable. However, MUCH thanks to jerry's proposal which made me give pixel art a second chance, as I had trouble with Pixly getting and sending images.

No offense or pressure!
Speak up clearly and loudly, harsh and honest is better than a "oh it looks great! :D ", when clearly it isn't.
Once again, no offense or pressure but an argument with me is like Makazuwr32 trying to convince Stratego to add ignore armor/pierce armor.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Is it a 32 by 32 size? It looks big, it would be clearer if it was small. Something like this:
Attachments
a arcer.png
a arcer.png (1.71 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Also, at least he needs a shadow and a team color (the team color is not a random one-time one, but an established one, you can ask the designers for a palette or copy it from existing images)
Jerryqian39

Post by Jerryqian39 »

Anchar wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:13 pm Is it a 32 by 32 size? It looks big, it would be clearer if it was small. Something like this:
Based on the description I assume it is a giant unit so I made it 32*64 which is giant size .And as it is a draft I come up with and it will surely be modified,so I did not add team color or shadow just in case
Jerryqian39

Post by Jerryqian39 »

Zabnar wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:54 pm Does it look good? I got the slasher arms (needs to be longer), is he doing the stanky leg? It's legs and neck shortened, not it's entire body. Collar bone should be wider, ribs and left arm bigger. The hell is that purple sh-- on it's head? If the purple splatter on it's head are the eyes, then I don't need to know what the fu-- the empty socket below it is, cause I'm just gonna say that THAT part is the eyes, that's the eyes and nothing could change it (unless I get the unit models). Got the slasher's skulls on it's knees though. Head is definitely replaceable. However, MUCH thanks to jerry's proposal which made me give pixel art a second chance, as I had trouble with Pixly getting and sending images.

No offense or pressure!
Speak up clearly and loudly, harsh and honest is better than a "oh it looks great! :D ", when clearly it isn't.
Once again, no offense or pressure but an argument with me is like Makazuwr32 trying to convince Stratego to add ignore armor/pierce armor.
By all mean that is a template,sure I will change it as you liked ,so you want neck and leg be shorter,wider body bigger arm and a new head.btw I do like that head a lot so can you describe what head do you want.and what does stanky mean
Jerryqian39

Post by Jerryqian39 »

Zabnar

Post by Zabnar »

How come I can't view the image you sent? You're right, but I feel like this is getting more.. serious? Regardless of what word to describe this situation, I'll just find a way to copy and paste the existing unit models for reference, as moving from gallery to view blurry image to pixel app that lags everytime. If you don't know then you don't know, there's no need to look into that further.
Jerryqian39

Post by Jerryqian39 »

Btw if you want game image I can give it to you jut tell me which one
Puppeteer12

Post by Puppeteer12 »

The bones are too grey and dark compared to the other skeleton monsters. The leaning makes it a bit weird and also the upper arm looks a bit too small compared to the other.
A master of puppetry and manipulation, working from the shadows.
Zabnar

Post by Zabnar »

Not to be the guy to say a bad joke, but it looks like it's saying "sieg hail!" It means victory, no hidden meaning whatsoever. Jokes aside it's a great template for modification, and that's truth. However, the opinion of others amount to the modifications as it is indeed, too dark. The unit models are just these three;
skeleton giant, monster crusher and monster slasher, yeah.. funny.
But i'm not asking anybody to work their *** off for something that isn't gonna happen.
Oh, and if we're moving to it's design now, does that mean it's stats are good? Still haven't chosen which stat lane to choose aka cheap, reasonable or expensive.
Zabnar

Post by Zabnar »

I added skeleton monsters to it's requirement, respecting the fact that it's made of a slasher and crusher.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stats:
I'd say cost must be 8 turns
Since it has 2 actions/turn attack should be 52
No monster skeletons as requirement since it already requires bone constructs
Hp i'd say should be 255
Armor change to 6/14
Speed 3 (same speed penalties as giant skeleton has)
Sight 3
Construction rate — 25%
Mend rate — 100%
Is giant
Regular foot bonuses

Abilities:
Your idea is nice but too complex to make thus next changes:
Eat up corpse (regular — it already heals 50% of max hp)
Left arm attack — deals 2×Attack melee type damage to enemy in range 2, power range 1/40%, 2 actions cost, cooldown 4 turns, no bonuses
Left arm raise guard — gives +4/+10 armor, decreases attack by -10, speed by -2, -1 action, gives specifications "double damage on counter", "movement costs all actions", lasts 2 turns, cooldown 6 turns
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Jerryqian39

Post by Jerryqian39 »

Return to “Undead”