Elven axe thrower

Alienx

Elven axe thrower

Post by Alienx »

Why don't the elves have an ax thrower? They have the ball launcher, but that one has ranged damage and no damage bonus against buildings.
Is there a reason they don't have an ax thrower?
in stats it could be like the human ax thrower but with less health, a little more damage and 4 mobility (like almost all elves lol)
or it could also be a production cost of 3 in exchange for having an attack distance of 5 (I was thinking of 4 but the skeleton fire thrower already has that distance) and also having more damage than the other ax throwers
my last question would be if it is possible that in the future they will add mounted throwers
Last edited by Alienx on Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midonik

Re: Elven axe thrower

Post by Midonik »

Do you think axe throwing fits the style of the elfs? It seems like something heavily reliant on strength, elfs in AoF are rather weak but agile and skilled with bows. I've never seen an elven axe thrower in a piece of fiction either.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alienx

Post by Alienx »

Midonik wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:53 pm Do you think axe throwing fits the style of the elfs? It seems like something heavily reliant on strength, elfs in AoF are rather weak but agile and skilled with bows. I've never seen an elven axe thrower in a piece of fiction either.
you are right in what you say, maybe not an ax thrower but a unit that fulfills the function of an ax thrower maybe?
Alienx

Post by Alienx »

Midonik wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:53 pm Do you think axe throwing fits the style of the elfs? It seems like something heavily reliant on strength, elfs in AoF are rather weak but agile and skilled with bows. I've never seen an elven axe thrower in a piece of fiction either.
since elves are more into using magic, could it be magic fire throwers?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Elves will get several interesting casters later.
Axe throwing indeed does not fit for elves and neither will fit any alternative.

Not every race needs to have every type of possible unit:
Composite archers (bonus wise) are exclusive to elves but they do not have crossbowmen. AtlAtl throwers are exclusive to scalefolks and they also do not have crossbowmen.
Dart shooters are unique to scalefolks - no other race has them.
On other hand humans have no non-mounted giants at all.
Orcs do not have slingers.

So there is no problem.

As for fire using mages - elves will not have them. Not at base at least. But they will have earth based mages at base and blade singer will get in place of fire earth element later along with tier 1 earth damaging spell. Fire in forests is best way to suicide and elves are not that mad.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Shyrik3244

Post by Shyrik3244 »

Instead of an ax for an elf, you can use a boomerang with blades. The boomerang is light and flies, and they will be able to use it deftly.

Return to “Elf”