Siege Ballista and hvy variant IMPLEMENTED

StormSaint373

Siege Ballista and hvy variant IMPLEMENTED

Post by StormSaint373 »

Siege Ballista

Description: A hybrid between the crushing medium ranged catapult and the faster short ranged balistia. Firing Large stones from the ballistia like that of a slingshot

Build: workers, siege workshop, TC, Priory or monastery
Cost: (buildable), Recruitable cost: 7
Hp: 14/20
Att: 14/16
Rng:6/7
Armor: 0/4, 1/5
Spd: 1/2
Vision: 8
Action/Turn: 2
Attachments
AoS Siege Ballista, Heavy.png
AoS Siege Ballista, Heavy.png (990 Bytes) Viewed 1081 times
AoS Siege Ballista.png
AoS Siege Ballista.png (1.2 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
SirPat

Re: Siege Ballista and hvy variant

Post by SirPat »

How about seige ballista would need. To be set uplile transfomrs to a stationary ballista they would act like seige tanks from starcraft(not starwars nor star trek no offense)
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Or maybe make it to a tech where in ballista have 1action/turn and seige mode will have 2action/turn

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Too similar in look to another unit.

@SirPat idea to use it for transformed state is better.
Why not use both?
We could add research to allow ballista additional transformation - siege mode, where attack deals melee damage and has bonus vs buildings and siege at the cost of no splash damage and only one attack. Definitely not increased damage.
It would be weak with it's this range, but that's already much to give it possibility to damage normally resistant things.
Age of Strategy design leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I don't think balistia is able to overcome armor... And is too easily counter able by all other siege...

This change stance idea isn't bad, but I think the balista seems too weak as opposed to other sieges.

Hwacha Ribolt is a better choice in nigh all other cases..

More dmg, more range (Starts at catapult rng) more spd, and larger AoE.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Yeah Endru, giving ballista seige mode would make it better like at original mode it would be an AoE Anti-Infantry while Seige mode would be a Longer ranged No splash dmg Anti-building "Sniper like" Seige Weapon This Idea is really great :D

Edit:
I was thinking of making transformation into some kind of heavy ballista on a stand. my idea was like you would set up ballista's as a defensive anti personnel weapon but I feel like this would be a different unit/tech if you guys feel like it but if you guys were thinking the same then hehe

Original seige mode idea I imagine this like you would be raising the ballista's aim higher like there would be somekind of wood with rope at the back pulling the ballista back to make the front higher

Return to “Unit - siege engines / machines”