Speed:3
Armor:1/1
Sight:8
Cost:3
Action:1
Spell resistence:0%
Reach only in archery range
Cost:6
Last edited by Morningwarrior on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Re: Sentinel longbowman

Post by Endru1241 »

Definitely too strong stats.

Range is not increased by first upgrade, so 2nd shouldn't touch it too.
There is also no real reason for spell resistance.

Most importantly however is that longbowman doesn't really need another upgrade right now - there is a ton of units that needs it more.
Age of Strategy design leader
Badnorth

Longbowman 3rd upgrade - ANSWERED

Post by Badnorth »

Tech cost : 8

Deadeye
Cost: 3
Hp: 18
Att: 9
Rng: 8
Spd: 3
Sight: 6
Armor: 0/0
SR:
Bonuses:
50% Light foot melee
50% Flying
50% Medium foot melee
Elite longbowman - Old stats
Cost: 3
Hp: 18
Att: 8
Rng: 7
Spd: 3
Sight: 5
Armor: 0/0
SR:
Bonuses:
50% Light foot melee
50% Flying
50% Medium foot melee
Attachments
DeadEye.png
DeadEye.png (1.52 KiB) Viewed 2253 times
Last edited by Badnorth on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
ProtectorLordGarmin

Re: Longbowman 3rd upgrade

Post by ProtectorLordGarmin »

Despite being new I believe it should have like 1/1 or 1/0 armour, because the Man at Arms does. Perhaps more HP as well. Other than that it looks like a solid unit. Although perhaps Master Longbowman would be a better name, like Master Skirmishers.
Leader of the Aegis Protectorate, the proud Defenders of Ambidia! If you would like some heavy protection, we can do some mercenary work... but such elite warriors come with an elite price.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Longbowman are support troops,giving assistance to melee troops in the frontline.
It wouldn't make sense to give long ranged troops armor when they can be away from the enemy.
Man at arms is a medium foot melee which is originally placed in the battleground and 1/0 armor suits it as it is the 3rd and strongest tier of the swordsman.
Professional,expert and sharpshooter named would be Also nice.
Deadeye means also a sharpshooter.
The deadeye already has 1+ range,sight & damage.
I might need to decrease damage to 8
For balancing purposes I think.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

No ranged unit (apart of some siege machines) can ever have more than 9 range.
As longbowman is affected by archery upgrades - he can't have 8.
Besides longbowman really doesn't need another upgrade. It's strong enough with that one.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Re: Sentinel longbowman

Post by godOfKings »

long bow man would need upgrade when (and if) other infantry gets upgrade like samurai, zweihander, axe thrower etc.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
DreJaDe

Re: Royal longbowman(3 tier of longbowman)

Post by DreJaDe »

I would want just a recurved bow with that range than longbow as recurved bow has more range than any longbows.
Badnorth

Re: Longbowman 3rd upgrade - ANSWERED

Post by Badnorth »

Merged Topics.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Endru1241 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:45 pm No ranged unit (apart of some siege machines) can ever have more than 9 range.
As longbowman is affected by archery upgrades - he can't have 8.
Besides longbowman really doesn't need another upgrade. It's strong enough with that one.
if the focus of the upgrade is more to increase your vitality and armor instead of distance?
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Honestly i dont want longbowman better health or armor, cuz due to siege tower it is already very difficult to kill longbowman and healers
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

godOfKings wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:22 pm Honestly i dont want longbowman better health or armor, cuz due to siege tower it is already very difficult to kill longbowman and healers
don't reveal your tactics and strategies
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Morningwarrior wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:16 pm
godOfKings wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:22 pm Honestly i dont want longbowman better health or armor, cuz due to siege tower it is already very difficult to kill longbowman and healers
Its bcuz of this reason that most new players r quiting aos b4 they can persist till they unlock all upgrades, they get beaten by our strange tactics without understanding wat is going on

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

godOfKings wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:10 pm
Morningwarrior wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:16 pm
Its bcuz of this reason that most new players r quiting aos b4 they can persist till they unlock all upgrades, they get beaten by our strange tactics without understanding wat is going on
B4? What do you mean?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

B4 = before shortcut

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Oh right,but anyway,about longbowman 3rd tier,e just think abou he are more resistance
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

But in the future he can be accept?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

One thing we can do is reduce dmg of 2nd tier longbowman to 7, so the 3rd tier will have the current 8 atk

Return to “Unit - ranged (like archers)”