Hero units.

Louis3

Hero units.

Post by Louis3 »

Allows customizable heros in maybe the upgrades tab.
you get to select the stats, weapons, abilities etc of the 'hero' but the more 'powerful' the hero the higher the turn cost. for example you could have a hero with a spear, so bonus against cavalry, choose him to have high hp but low attack, maybe it's based on thresholds etc but the more powerful you make him the game makes it take more turns, built in castle or monastery, maybe even have to have a hero enabled setting in game editor.
do I think this is a revolutionary addition, nah, not really, cool maybe, main reason I suggest this is whenever you learn about history it's always centered around one guy, the king/queen of that era, and with the introduction of the inquisitor, feel like it could become a thing. etc, obviously there would be a limit to how op you could make them, and more powerful means alot of turns to produce.

Would assume it would be rather difficult to implement but I'm just throwing some ideas around like the rest of us.
makazuwr32

Re: Hero units.

Post by makazuwr32 »

Do you want to kill stratego?
Such thing will require so god damn many time of coding that it is not even worth it.

Also this game is not some sort of RPG. It is STRATEGY. And because it does not require such thing.

Another problem is how to share stats of such "hero" in multiplayer (how to showcase him, how to share his stats and abilities for all other players because initially it will be only on 1 device). To solve this problem will require another life of coding.

As for campain only units with custom stats - partially it is already in via triggers.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
SirPat

Re: Hero units.

Post by SirPat »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 pm Do you want to kill stratego?
Such thing will require so god damn many time of coding that it is not even worth it.

Also this game is not some sort of RPG. It is STRATEGY. And because it does not require such thing.

Another problem is how to share stats of such "hero" in multiplayer (how to showcase him, how to share his stats and abilities for all other players because initially it will be only on 1 device). To solve this problem will require another life of coding.

As for campain only units with custom stats - partially it is already in via triggers.
Lol kill stratego thats too much
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support

Return to “Unit - ranged (like archers)”