Firework archer

Badnorth

Firework archer

Post by Badnorth »

Firework archer

An archer that uses fireworks for arrows. Lower range than archers and lower damage but has higher bonuses to siege,infantry And frightens mounted units.

Idea taken from : TABS
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Badnorth

Re: Firework archer

Post by Badnorth »

Requirements: Gunpowder
Firework archer
Cost: 3
Trained in: Archery range
Hp: 13
Att: 5
Spd: 3
Armor: 0/0
Rng: 5
Sight:5
Ability:
(Req: Gunpowder)
Firework arrow
Att: 4
Miss: 15%
Aoe: 3
Rng: 5
CD: 2
Bonuses:
50% Flying
50% Light foot melee
50% Medium foot melee
Categories:
Chinese, Archers, anti-lighter infantry.

Pros:
Firework arrow is good for damaging and finishing groups of weak units e.g. Peasants, Gaelic fighter, Scout, spy and Archer.
Firework ability has a large blast radius
Archer
Cons:
High chance of missing the firework shot
Firework has an awfully weak damage even against unarmored units
Firework deals near to no damage against armored units
Requires a lategame tech - Gunpowder.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Well infantry is still a good counter to archers, the miss part keeps it balanced. The power range (AoE)could be 2. The hp could be normal archer hp ie,11. Lower movement 3 ใ€‹2 since carrying a large firing barrel of gunpowder pretty much likely to restrict speed . Fire works is much more likely to start a fire on burnables. So on successful hit , put a fire at centre tile if it is a burnable.ImageHuolongjing
This could be added to the image.gif on animation. The projectile could be a flaming dragon head.
I feel good for this unit if conditions are met ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Hp - maybe. But since it is a gunpowder unit, it needs to be more unique than normal archers. Like wearing q wooden plate in the chest to prevent minor damage.

Low movement- Disagree. With 2 speed it'll take long for this unit to reach the battle grounds. It's not as heavy as a cannon used by cannoneers. Plus you can also refuse to load the Huolongjing when out of battle. Storing gunpowder in a pouch of some sort.

On hit fire effect - Agreed, but it's probably impossible unless coding from stratego. Not sure, please confirm Json experts.

There are already firework explosion images. Used by British Firework ship and Uncle Sam.

Image can also be a normal arrow with a firework strapped in it.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

If this has a chance to be implemented. I guess image can be an archer with a straw hat, team colored clothing, wooden armor, wooden slippers, equipped with a bow as a primary weapon and a huolongji either strapped in the back or layed on the ground.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:41 am If this has a chance to be implemented. I guess image can be an archer with a straw hat, team colored clothing, wooden armor, wooden slippers, equipped with a bow as a primary weapon and a huolongji either strapped in the back or layed on the ground.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

QuadrupoleStrat wrote: โ†‘Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:36 am On hit fire effect - Agreed, but it's probably impossible unless coding from stratego. Not sure, please confirm Json experts.
While i have not started modding since i can't find time for it, according to my experience, if it runs on plain schematics of json script, yes this is possible.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Fireworks can dmg bonuses significaly mounted troops,because the sound and the light scary the mount
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Morningwarrior wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:12 pm Fireworks can dmg bonuses significaly mounted troops,because the sound and the light scary the mount
Not needed imo.. Maybe a low morale effect.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Or can add camel fear.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!

Return to โ€œUnit - ranged (like archers)โ€