Bayonet musket

L4cus

Bayonet musket

Post by L4cus »

Hi, i am new here. My dream is just see this at the game. This unit could have the mechanic of inmortals. Is produced like a ranged gunpowder unit and transforms into a meele unit. I don't know anything about programation (i speak spanish, maybe i am not writing well) but i'd love to see this unit in aos. Please help me to get this.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
L4cus

Re: Bayonet musket

Post by L4cus »

This is a line infantery, this is my idea about the sprite
This is a line infantery, this is my idea about the sprite
20200131_172253.png (330.42 KiB) Viewed 2390 times
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

This unit could have very similar stats as the musket. His stats as ranged unit could be:
Cost: 3-4
Hp 18-20
Base attack power: 9-10
Range: 6
Armor: 1/0
Speed: 3
Sight: 7
Spell resistance: 0%
Conversion resistance: 20%
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

The meele stats might be:
Cost: 3-4
Hp: 18-20
Base attack power: 7-8
Range: 1
Armor: 1-2/0
Speed: 3
Sight: 7
Spell resistance: 0%
Conversion resistance: 20%
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

In addition, the bayonet musket might have an bonus against cavalry, because of it was the main objetive of having a bayonet. 20-30%
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

images (11).jpeg
images (11).jpeg (46.56 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
images (12).jpeg
images (12).jpeg (15.09 KiB) Viewed 2385 times
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

He is too modern unit for this game.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:17 am He is too modern unit for this game.
Really? I am sorry
Then, let's delete this topic... :(
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Rather i thought all musket men used bayonets? I think it could b a researched spell in blacksmith that gives musketeer a low damage melee spell with high bonus against cavalry? Requires gunpowder tech to unlock musketeer first
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:28 pm Rather i thought all musket men used bayonets? I think it could b a researched spell in blacksmith that gives musketeer a low damage melee spell with high bonus against cavalry? Requires gunpowder tech to unlock musketeer first
That tech was implemented at S XVI-XVII
Before that there were not bayonet
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

L4cus wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:55 pm
godOfKings wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:28 pm Rather i thought all musket men used bayonets? I think it could b a researched spell in blacksmith that gives musketeer a low damage melee spell with high bonus against cavalry? Requires gunpowder tech to unlock musketeer first
That tech was implemented at XVI-XVII century
Before that there were not bayonet
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

and that is y i suggest to make it researchable instead of immediate
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:51 pm and that is y i suggest to make it researchable instead of immediate
What about an upgrade for the musket, getting this ability to transform to his bayonet mode. This sounds better to me. What about you?
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

There can b only one form of attack in game, either melee or ranged, its just a long blade there is no improvement in body armor or gun power so upgrading whole unit for a melee attack doesnt make sense, giving it a secondary anti cav pierce attack is obviously the right choice

L4cus

Post by L4cus »

godOfKings wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:10 am There can b only one form of attack in game, either melee or ranged, its just a long blade there is no improvement in body armor or gun power so upgrading whole unit for a melee attack doesnt make sense, giving it a secondary anti cav pierce attack is obviously the right choice
Ok, i agree with you but there is a detail: the "primitive" bayonet was like a knife that put ok the canon of the musket, it was unable to use while meele. Somwtimes got cut, so did it slowly
images (13).jpeg
images (13).jpeg (6.45 KiB) Viewed 2349 times
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I only disagree to give for bayonet spell anti-cav bonuses. It was actually not so effective against cavalry.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:12 am I only disagree to give for bayonet spell anti-cav bonuses. It was actually not so effective against cavalry.
The range of musket could be 2 to 6, then they would have to use his bayonet. It was made for selfdefense against cavalry, but you are right, they weren't effective enought, only worked on square formation, but that was implemmented at napoleonic wars.
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

wat about first strike?

L4cus

Post by L4cus »

godOfKings wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:52 am wat about first strike?
That is a good idea, bug ¿ a ranged unit wity first strike?
That's why i wanted it to be a new unit. Anyway, is a good idea. Let's see how to make it real.
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Y not? It would still b quite low damage

1 use of bayonet is that musketeer have a low hit chance against cavalry so using bayonet will give guaranteed damage wat about 4 dmg with 100% bonus against cav that is reduced by armor? So deals same damage as ranged attack

Compare 8 dmg bayonet with 22 dmg spear, it is clear how less effective bayonet is compared to spear

L4cus

Post by L4cus »

godOfKings wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:25 pm Y not? It would still b quite low damage

1 use of bayonet is that musketeer have a low hit chance against cavalry so using bayonet will give guaranteed damage wat about 4 dmg with 100% bonus against cav that is reduced by armor? So deals same damage as ranged attack

Compare 8 dmg bayonet with 22 dmg spear, it is clear how less effective bayonet is compared to spear
But the counter attack is based on the tipe of damage the unit deals. Musketter is ranged, then it will be proyectile damgae. ¿How to do the counter attack deals meele damage on a range unit?
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

First strike doesn't care about range, it'd be an unnecessary if (condition) {} in Java to make it that way. Counter only checks if a unit is adjacent to it.
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I can't still see bayonet as weapon against cavalry. Against infantry yes.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:24 am I can't still see bayonet as weapon against cavalry. Against infantry yes.
I have already talked avout that, it only worked in square formation, but it's at napoleonic wars.
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

This is my new idea: bayonet would be an ability researched at blacksmith (could be another building) with no bonus (tactics against cavalry are too more later)
Range: 1
Power 8-10?
The ability will not have cold down.
I am not sure about first strike
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

The only way I can think of to make melee attack with counter and damage bonuses is to make his ranged attack be an ability.
On the topic of bonuses themselves - definitely not high like spear, but something like +50%.
+50% is almost exactly balancing factor, which removes mounted advantage (all mounted units have hp beyond normal scope).

But, still - I don't like adding units beyond 16th century.
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:37 am The only way I can think of to make melee attack with counter and damage bonuses is to make his ranged attack be an ability.
On the topic of bonuses themselves - definitely not high like spear, but something like +50%.
+50% is almost exactly balancing factor, which removes mounted advantage (all mounted units have hp beyond normal scope).

I understand. We cam forget this topic if you think is not right. Are you the moderator?
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

;) hey remember musketeers have swords ;)
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

L4cus wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:57 am
Endru1241 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:37 am The only way I can think of to make melee attack with counter and damage bonuses is to make his ranged attack be an ability.

I understand. We cam forget this topic if you think is not right. Are you the moderator?
Design Leader for AoS - the last filter before dev.

And maybe not forget completely - it's just much lower priority.
When we go into 17th century, I'd like to have some content to add all at once.
To be honest, I am already a little conflicted with existing tanageshima, musketeer and galleon going along with hoplites, roman legionaries, slingers.
SirPat wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:25 am ;) hey remember musketeers have swords ;)
And I am not entirely content with them.
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:29 pm
L4cus wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:57 am

Design Leader for AoS - the last filter before dev.

And maybe not forget completely - it's just much lower priority.
When we go into 17th century, I'd like to have some content to add all at once.
To be honest, I am already a little conflicted with existing tanageshima, musketeer and galleon going along with hoplites, roman legionaries, slingers.
SirPat wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:25 am ;) hey remember musketeers have swords ;)
And I am not entirely content with them.
Oh, i see. A entire pack for modern age units is good idea. Them, you should add the dragon ( mounted musket), granadiers ( an elite musket infantry with granadiers), musket skirmisher( a long range musket unit with low defense stats). These are some ideas, i understand y u dont like to see ilogical battles in the game. But remember it is a game.
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230

Return to “Unit - ranged (like archers)”