Mercenary Camp

ProtectorLordGarmin

Mercenary Camp

Post by ProtectorLordGarmin »

Built by a Condotierro (which appears to be spelt incorrectly? Google says the plural is Condottiere, so that makes it Condottiero for one, right?) when supplied with 3 units worth of money. Spends one unit per turn to build (which stands for 2 salt carts, 1 money courier, one silver cart, 1/2 gold cart or 1/3 gem cart) so it takes 3 turns. Allows the builder to summon any units from it, and has an action to pay all mercenaries nearby. Can train any mercenary unit, and I mean ANY. All units that have the "Leaving" effect can be trained at this building. Let me know what ya think.
Leader of the Aegis Protectorate, the proud Defenders of Ambidia! If you would like some heavy protection, we can do some mercenary work... but such elite warriors come with an elite price.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: Mercenary Camp

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Factory can pay but should not be paid 4 each turns cause it may make them infinite. Especially longbow merc
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
ProtectorLordGarmin

Post by ProtectorLordGarmin »

Look at the Condotierro for that. You can make both him AND the mercenary units around him infinite if you keep them near. Besides I'm talking about the pay mercenary group "spell" having the same 2 cooldown that the Condotierro does.
Leader of the Aegis Protectorate, the proud Defenders of Ambidia! If you would like some heavy protection, we can do some mercenary work... but such elite warriors come with an elite price.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I think is already on pending
In such a way condottier cannot pay himself or other condottier.
I am talking about a factory which solely can produce merc units and has an aura of keeping the merc in its range infinitely active.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:12 am I think is already on pending
In such a way condottier cannot pay himself or other condottier.
I am talking about a factory which solely can produce merc units and has an aura of keeping the merc in its range infinitely active.
A mercenary imo wouldn't stay in a camp with no source of money at all. I think mercenaries wandered elsewhere to find currency to feed themselves or their family. It was just a coincidence they found themselves in a town to eat or to have them hired etc.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

In my idea of balance - mercenary camp would be representation of some rules dedicating resources to hiring and keeping mercenaries. Just like stables are representation of whole system of breeding horses, making equipment and any social indications of horsemen class. So it would have to count as regular factory (not summon by condottiero). Keeping mercs would need some dedication of resources though, so group pay ability wouldn't be balanced, unless it had leaving (unfortunately non-summon spells cannot have unit cost).
This building could have unique unit with alterated slightly group pay ability. Cost 2 and sacrificing on ability usage. It could be a pittle remake of money courier.
Age of Strategy design leader
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I cant find a thumps up in smilies. So :thumbs_up:
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Maybe the mercenary camo vcouldd be a mercenary boukding itself, i mean that the structure would be cheap but wuld get the leaving trait
Likes this
Cost 2
Leaving 3
Hp 25
Armor 0/3
Catry capacity 1

Maybe this would nerf the structure a lot, but i think it is a good idea, having 3 turns leaving means u cn get a cheap 2 turns mercenary unit wasting worker resources so i t might nit be pretty viable, but i thinku get the idea...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

How about it can have a tech to upgrade money courier to provide full 2 turn worth of resource

And if its a factory that takes 1 space of factory limit then it shouldnt have leaving, just make it like other basic factories
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Unfortunately there is almost no possibility to upgrade effects (e.g. abilities). Only range, possibility and power can be changed, as they come from unit stats (as long as it's implemented in specific way).
Number of turns, that effect affects (increase leaving, decrease lower res. ) or production speedup are not possible to be changed that way (they are defined as parameter set in effect itself).
There could be however new unit, specific to this building, that e.g. costs 2 turns and have 5-8 turn increase in leaving (but regular production boost of 1) or even 1 turn unit with 3-4 turn increase, but no production boost.
Giving higher production boost is an option too, but I'm not sure if it fits this factory.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I guess it will only focus on leaving unit resources
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Structures”