Barracks to headquarters IMPLEMENTED

Morningwarrior

Barracks to headquarters IMPLEMENTED

Post by Morningwarrior »

Headquarters can train infantry units,shot in the enemyes with a tower inspired all units around and The heeadquarters can reacher units upgrades 1 turn more fast,when destroyed it leaves a swordman,pikemen or sheildman as a form of last resistance, it doesn't happen if there is another unit inside
HP:75
Damage:5
Range:5
Armor:2/8
Sight:5
Carry:3
Heal rate:5
Mend rate:2
Active effect high morale.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Re: Barracks to headquarters

Post by Endru1241 »

No real reason for mend rate.
As far as I know there is no way to decrease unit train cost. But even if there was - it's too much of a boost for building upgrade. Do You imagine 1 turn halbeldiers, man at arms? What's more - such decrease is entirely disadvantageous to higher cost units - hoplite would be trainable only 17% faster, while 2 turn units - 50%.
I was thinking of doing every factory building an upgrade. Barracks had much more moderated one in my mind - allow fighting from inside, bigger hp, armor, carry, heal inside.
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

but it is not in question that the unit will be trained, I say its improvements, for example the 6-turn swordsman search for swordsman, since when researched at headquarters it will be 5 turns, but the training time had not changed will still be 2 turns, but I really think that the training structures like stable and archery range need some improvement as the dock will get an upgrade because the other buildings can't? but even some parameters are quite unbalanced like the armor, hp and the damage. change to armor: 1/6 damage: 4 hp: 50
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Technically reduced cost is not possible to implement currently and thus requires hard coding from stratego. And that requires time. Maybe lots of time (months?).
So i agree with endru that no actual reduced cost for upgrades.

Some other improvements alas could be:
Building's hp, some attack, some armor, heal rate, more carry capacity, maybe some additional units for training.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I don't think it is really time consuming to return a value from a function, I mean in python it would probably look like:

Code: Select all

def decrease_cost(cost_decrease):
  new_cost = unit_cost - cost_decrease
  return new_cost
To return the reduced cost of a unit. Of course there are still some missing pieces and it is not the same coding language (JS).

The point is: the code for such function was never written because there was never a situation where it seemed reasonable, especially when costs can be modified directly for balanced
OLÉ
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

It's not about lack of some function.
There is no object structure to use something like this.
Unit object defines parameters (among them training cost).
To change some of parameters we have technologies.
But they change global value of parameters - all units of these type would be trained faster everywhere.
Factory building doesn't modify anything for production. It only reads units buildable.

So to implement something like this stratego would have to first add some sort of additional parameter to unit class, applicable to building-factories (it would be used when unit having it is among some other units trnBuilders list) like e.g. trnProductionModifiers or more specific one ProductionTimeDecrease. There would also be a need to make this listed in details.

The question is - is it worth the time?
Lack of time is one of the greatest problems to devs, especially for indie or free games.
Age of Strategy design leader
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:13 pm The question is - is it worth the time?
Lack of time is one of the greatest problems to devs, especially for indie or free games.
This question, you have already answered, it is not valuable to design for the building to change unit costs as it results in heavy imbalance.

So instead this building upgrade should only have higher stats than original (including dmg and range)
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:09 am Some other improvements alas could be:
Building's hp, some attack, some armor, heal rate, more carry capacity, maybe some additional units for training.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Structures”