Roman Mega Building

L4cus

Re: Roman Mega Building

Post by L4cus »

i was thinking that we could have mariam reforms tech that allows legionaries production, 3 turns is ok for them, but, they should be quite better than regular 3 turn units since they would need mariam reforms tech... just an idea, though...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Tried to make 2nd concept a little more close to looking roman, but not sure the effects.
Attachments
unit_roman_castrum.png
unit_roman_castrum.png (3.12 KiB) Viewed 1729 times
Age of Strategy design leader
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

looks like the fort size...btw is this structure able to produce ancient mercenaries?
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I only changed height.

It was already designed to be 2x2.

Mercenaries:
Why not?
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

yeah yeah, ancient ones:
-cretan archer
-balearic slinger
-thracian phalxman
-is there any other?
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

L4cus wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:26 pm yeah yeah, ancient ones:
-cretan archer
-balearic slinger
-thracian phalxman
-is there any other?
What about Crusader?

Didn't they use to call for Crusader until the Crusader got enough of the romans?
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

DreJaDe wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:56 pm
L4cus wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:26 pm yeah yeah, ancient ones:
-cretan archer
-balearic slinger
-thracian phalxman
-is there any other?
What about Crusader?

Didn't they use to call for Crusader until the Crusader got enough of the romans?

those were the holy roman empire I believe and not the romans, not sure tho
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

if we get bizantine barracks they could hire crusades
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

But byzantine is much more of a hellenic, than roman culture.

Although it doesn't fit gymnasion at all.
DreJaDe

Roman Fort

Post by DreJaDe »

Not sure where to out this.

So the story is
I have nothing to do so I made this.

I kinda want it as skin for castle but... It's not a castle.

It was supposed to be a Roman Fort.
But it's 96x96
So not that also

So another idea is map editor unit.
Honestly, I kinda wanted to make a campaign for the Romans. And this building would be nice.

Might even draw a roman worker than can build them.

So if it's map editor
Ts stats would be
Cost to make: 14-16
HP: 750-800
Atk: 6
Range: 6
Armor: 2
R. Armor: 7
Turns: 3

(Funny idea is to just make it a melee with 10+ damage)

Carry capacity 4-5
Heal rate: 10

Aura: Roman coordination, high morale

Build list is most of the roman units beside senator a while adding ballista at it.
DreJaDe

Re: Roman Fort

Post by DreJaDe »

I forgot to put the image
Attachments
Roman fort.png
Roman fort.png (1.81 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Dre, you seem to be the Roman's champion at the moment. I found this suggestion in the archives of a previous all-encompassing discussion - ie I'm not taking something from it's own specific thread this time (credit to Squirrel)
To further buff the Roman's, could legionnaires (sic) get the ability to build roads or wooden forts of some kind?
The roads got included, but I couldn't find any any feedback for the wooden fort suggestion, do you think it would be something that would help the Romans? In my mind it'd be a basic fortified camp, no production, probably garrisoned unit takes damage (like ruined fortress) but with defence boost - or acting more like a tower without ranged attack - built by legionaries for when they are out and about.

Anyway, to your post - a roman campaign would be good I think, help make them more popular. I've met very few Roman generals in MP.
Does 96*96 mean it's 3x3 on the map itself?
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

The thing is...
Roman could actually already make them now. That's actually the only reason why I'm not suggesting them already (well there's also the other reason)

I think if I remember correctly, there is this case that endru said that he doesn't want wooden garrison. Might be my imagination but j seriously think someone said that here.

Yes, 96x96 is 3x3 in-game.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

there is already a roman topic for a mega building, i think iots called roman castrum...is ur idea any different?
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

L4cus wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:05 pm there is already a roman topic for a mega building, i think iots called roman castrum...is ur idea any different?
The initial idea is a castle skin, as I said. But found our that it's not a castle.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Merged.
With production this is clearly mega building.

Two notes:
- There is no need to create specific workers to build one or two things. Alternative workers would need to be different in other stats and have some reasoning why (in balance mainly).
- I don't recall any mention of fort/camp without production anywhere in new structures propositions. Tower without an attack could be very interesting addition.
There was auxilae outpost, but I was never against making it.
I am generally against:
- any building build on forest/hills having garrison allowing movement of units normally not capable of moving through such terrain
- anything with production, but not counted as factory
- anything protecting unit (completely, not by aura bonus), but allowing construction from inside
- anything counted as factory, but with not enough reason of existence (since making priory, seeing it as a mistake)
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Endru1241 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:45 pm Merged.

Two notes:
- There is no need to create specific workers to build one or two things. Alternative workers would need to be different in other stats and have some reasoning why (in balance mainly).
- I don't recall any mention of fort/camp without production anywhere in new structures propositions. Tower without an attack could be very interesting addition.
I am generally against:
- any building build on forest/hills having garrison allowing movement of units normally not capable of moving through such terrain
- anything protecting unit (completely, not by aura bonus), but allowing construction from inside
- anything counted as factory, but with not enough reason of existence (since making priory, seeing it as a mistake)
Just to clear out
-the idea for the 3v3 mega building is only for map editor unit.
-same is true for worker since I cannot see how it can be done with normal workers being able to build them only in campaigns. I don't think there's any effect to add a structure to the build list of a worker. So instead, I suggested a map editor worker than can build them. Hmmm, maybe the other map editor worker can do the job.

I might have misunderstood this point
Endru1241 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:28 pm No wood structures with carry.
Ability to remove woods were brought to avoid that.
But for me, it meant that you didn't want any wooden garrison.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Two notes:
I am generally against:
For tower without attack i was thinking of "atalay" capable of garriaoning ranged units boosting their attack and range maybe at the cost that its capturable and units inside get the damage instead of atalay, only empty atalay woudl get damage

Auxilae outpost? Forgot about it jeje, i think with mega and roman garrison is enought, but if there the will of someone to make the image plus time and will to make the json (i can do it if u ask me) then i think it would be a good adition...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

DreJaDe wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:21 am

Two notes:
I am generally against:
Just to clear out
-the idea for the 3v3 mega building is only for map editor unit.
-same is true for worker since I cannot see how it can be done with normal workers being able to build them only in campaigns. I don't think there's any effect to add a structure to the build list of a worker. So instead, I suggested a map editor worker than can build them. Hmmm, maybe the other map editor worker can do the job.

I might have misunderstood this point
Endru1241 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:28 pm No wood structures with carry.
Ability to remove woods were brought to avoid that.
But for me, it meant that you didn't want any wooden garrison.
There is isNeedMapGrant=true.
E.g. barrage tower is working like that.
L4cus wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:56 am

Two notes:
I am generally against:
For tower without attack i was thinking of "atalay" capable of garriaoning ranged units boosting their attack and range maybe at the cost that its capturable and units inside get the damage instead of atalay, only empty atalay woudl get damage

Auxilae outpost? Forgot about it jeje, i think with mega and roman garrison is enought, but if there the will of someone to make the image plus time and will to make the json (i can do it if u ask me) then i think it would be a good adition...
Is archer range something we actually need for balance?
It would become default place for longbowmen making them 10 range.
And arising question why towers are not having the same boost.
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

U right...maybe just a platform for archers like mantelet...could rise sight
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

i want to think there is a reason or this is a mistake: hwacha aviable at roman castrum
there is also threbuchet, but that can be understanded...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230

Return to “Structures”