Building for all variants: technology share center

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Building for all variants: technology share center

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I thought a new building type that can be placed near an ally town or other tech inventing building and can help your ally to speed up technological invention.
As there would be an ability of this new building so in one range it can decrease production on an in progress tech that the first player already owns, or it can be an aura like always working effect in one range

If we dont want to restrict to techs, than it can be for any production, we can call it gold deposit building.

There can be only one per player so it would be UNIQUE type, it does not count as a factory building.

I think it would increase cooperation betw allies.

so current idea variations
a) building speeding up techs only: unique building that can be build on ally base to speed up nearby factories if they are inventing techs that the unique building owner owns.

b) building speeding everything: unique building that can be build on ally base to speed up nearby factories on any production.

c) real tech share center random: a unique building having ability to build only one thing "share technology" thing, cost 3 turn,and it will randomly give a tech to the ally that the owner owns.

c2) real tech share center: a unique building having ability to build only those tech your ally owns (that you built nearby) and invent it in half cost.

d) mega share center: a costy unique building that will immediately share all techs that the owner owns or invents to the ally(or allies) it is built nearby.

What do u think?
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Building for all variants: technology share center

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

S tier idea
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Question:
It should not affect production of owner of that building?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i think no, if it would tha no one would build it on ally land, it would be used on homeland instead

+i wrote an other alternatives in first post
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I prefer 2 buildings:
B and C as 2 separate ones.
Also maybe additional building that will allow to share control of units which are nearby: you move your unit tho that allied building and that unit changes ownership to ally that owns building.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Sounds interesting... If i understood... You can separate them into 2 different things:

(A and B) It is basically a building with "money courier aura" that boosts production of techs or everything around it that can only be build on the allied base.

(C and D) It is a building that shares already researched techs between allieds.

I choose B and C... But i will point some things i found that is interesting to think...

(C/D): The C, I think it would work better if you are also allowed to see all the techs your allieds have and produce a desired one amoung those instead of researching a random one (maybe as a half cost or 2/3 as penalty for not going for the random 3 turns one).

Also the problem with the (A/B) is that the allied can choose to not build it next to your base to boost your production while you do on theirs (mainly AI, new players and "comedy" guys). You can obviously delete it but that isn't a very friendly action to be done...

Btw... How to define where is the allied base? You will only be able to build it on the 4 tiles around your allied towns or every allied building does count?
makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:46 pm Also maybe additional building that will allow to share control of units which are nearby: you move your unit tho that allied building and that unit changes ownership to ally that owns building.
I like but at same time don't like that... For example... If someone put a building like that blocking the path to a strategic passage, all your units will be forced to convertion by your allied in order to him allow them to pass... That can be really annoying depending where it is built... So i would agreed if it is only buildable next to towns...
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Option D is most sensical for me. Hypothetically, if one had an ally that could never 'conventionally' betray him, whats to stop him from sharing all techs (required they research writing, radio uplink before building)?

Also I suggest an option E, to make a building like option C, but you get to select already researched techs to share. This is because option C is random, and I'd rather pick and choose which techs I share with my allies to beat the enemy together. Also it'd be good to have a window into which techs the ally is currently researching, and to close the techs that are already made by them.
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:48 am Option D is most sensical for me. Hypothetically, if one had an ally that could never 'conventionally' betray him, whats to stop him from sharing all techs (required they research writing, radio uplink before building)?
That is depending on the game:
In aof all sharing center won't be so useful when allies have different races. For example what techs could share orcs with any non-orc race apart from fireball with humans and thunderstorm with elves?

In aos and aoww alas that will be useful.
DoomsdayDragonfire wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:49 am
makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:46 pm Also maybe additional building that will allow to share control of units which are nearby: you move your unit tho that allied building and that unit changes ownership to ally that owns building.
I like but at same time don't like that... For example... If someone put a building like that blocking the path to a strategic passage, all your units will be forced to convertion by your allied in order to him allow them to pass... That can be really annoying depending where it is built... So i would agreed if it is only buildable next to towns...
What if it is building under your ally control and you move to that building your units into casting range and after that ally can use ability on building to change control of units?

They won't auto-share control and also this will be limited to amount of actions on building.

In general i would prefer option b and c in one building (since c alone is not so useful) for aof exclusively and additionally building with option to share units (mechanic can be discussed).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i made this option:
c2) real tech share center: a unique building having ability to build only those tech your ally owns (that you built nearby) and invent it in half cost.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

C2 is even better.

But still in aof where all races have completely different tech trees and usually only tech that is common for all races is writing it won't be so useful.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually alexander and me talked to have common techs (at least referenced to be able to steal) so there should be more to be able to steal than only writing.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

When they will be done than we will talk. For now we have higher priority things to do in aof: add all planned content for dwarven revamp, work on scaledfolks, balance things.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Structures”