roads IMPLEMENTED

makazuwr32

Re: roads

Post by makazuwr32 »

yes and i actually like this idea.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I could possibly make it the images except the sideways one.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Thanks for supporting me guys, tell me ayush why is it that in real life the roads r more frequently seen inside the borders and not on no man's land? In a real war, first u would build walls around Ur border then roads that lead Ur capital to the border, without good defenses the roads will only lead Ur enemies to reach Ur capital quickly, this where u need to b strategic to properly utilize roads
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I will fully support the Road Project, my workers wait at your command.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

godOfKings wrote:Thanks for supporting me guys, tell me ayush why is it that in real life the roads r more frequently seen inside the borders and not on no man's land? In a real war, first u would build walls around Ur border then roads that lead Ur capital to the border, without good defenses the roads will only lead Ur enemies to reach Ur capital quickly, this where u need to b strategic to properly utilize roads
Ok.I will not include any more'but'.
Homo homini lupus
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The best idea is building two towers, a gate in the middle, and roads leading to the gates from behind as seen in real life examples

U dont build roads all around Ur defenses and use them like a tar trap to slow invading enemies, for that there is a different structure called moat, these two would b like opposite structures
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Can we take a third road mushy road,which we build at the place,where we want to slow down the enemy.Will be useful for some campaign maps also,where we have to defend.
Homo homini lupus
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Exactly, roads and moats r like reverse structures of each other, but that doesn't mean enemies cannot take advantage of the roads, where horse gains 1 speed from roads, it will lose 1 speed to moats, but if it crosses Ur defense it can take advantage of roads to conquer Ur towns

General Brave

Post by General Brave »

And you are able to fill in the enemy moat with workers.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

In reality, is it that practical? So many archers behind the walls shoot arrows at enemies around the moat, and they don't have time to fill it up with earth, I thought most of the time, they simply put a shield on top of their heads, swim to the wall on the other side, a bunch of them carry a ladder which they place on wall and climb on top, or they tie a rope on ballista ammo, fire it on the wall, and climb the rope to the top of wall

So with that thought, I wanted to keep it simpler, any flesh and blood type unit can walk on moat, but they lose 1 speed, so many extra things like boats floating on moats, moats being filled by workers and catapults, etc all felt quite unnecessary to me,

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

And I thought instead of bridge, it is possible to build this road on top of moat to allow Ur sieges and wagons to travel on top of moats, but the enemies will b able to use this road tile to enter Ur border, in which case gates would b built to stop enemy wagons from entering Ur territory and the enemy would use battering rams to break it open, and the siege would finally feel like a realistic historical siege instead of using unrealistic wagons to sneak into enemy territory

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

And thanks to the road tile, catapults and trebuchets would finally have 2 speed instead of 1, and they would b able to cross the gate without needing a wagon

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

And with this, here is my final idea,

Workers ( and may be labourers ) can build roads and moats and they cost 2 turns
Both are indestructible.

Any ground unit can move on roads, units that have wheels, like cannons chariots wagons etc, cannot move on moats

Any unit standing on road gains 1 speed, any standing on moats lose 1 speed (regardless whether u built it or ur enemy did)

Nothing can b built on road tile, only road can b built on moat tile

None of these apply to omnithopter

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

May b only workers can destroy roads and moats, any worker can do it as these should b neutral

samuelch

Post by samuelch »

We can use this for city road.
Attachments
Road new.png
Road new.png (2.91 KiB) Viewed 4335 times
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It looks like it's made from clay, it has nice patterns.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

and as for me it looks like it made from paving slabs
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

My road is inspired by European roads like this https://imgur.com/gallery/IrIIeqV
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So do we all agreed we want Road?
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

We still need road image,of stone,the above one doesn't look to be stoned
Homo homini lupus

Return to “Structures”