Advancement Center Upgrade To Advance Sciences

SirDoucheBag

Advancement Center Upgrade To Advance Sciences

Post by SirDoucheBag »

I've noticed that the Majority of units made In a T.C. has its own additional Building which can be trained in. Barracks, Stables and so forth. Noticing the Thee Ornithoptor and Tie Fighter can only be constructed via a T.C. I suggest an upgraded version of The Advancement center. This upgrade would Transform into the New Advanced Sciences. The only difference as of now between the Base and upgraded Structure is that The Advanced Sciences would be allowed to build Ornithopters And Tie Fighter Units Only. It would take 4 turns to upgrade under the condition. Masonry, Ballistics, and Massive walls are researched. After Construction of Thee Advanced sciences, players would now have the availability to use The building for construction of flight units and making the player consider the options of having to keep that building or construct a New Unit center. The Advanced Science building would be limited to 2 per player ensuring that the user would be restricted by time and turns from creating too powerful a Fleet. Ensuring that the T.C. be the main source unit training.
The advanced science building would allow Select Few New techs to be Created. Example for long combat games once upgraded (ex) a new tech could be implemented to upgrade Ornithopters reducing movement by 3 tiles in turn allowing the Ornithopter to shoot an arrow 3-4 tiles away. Now the arrow does not do major damage maybe just a few points allowing when its next turn the player attacks regularly (as you would now) allowing the major damage the Ornithopters already conduct. So basically its just for a sleight combat bonus making the Ornithopter more of a nuisance. But also enforcing The player does not just stand back and shoot down enemies because arrow damage is not Significant enough to Consider a constant use (ex) it would take 4 arrows to take out a pike man. So I hope that makes sense.
But yes So in turn Thee Advanced science upgrade would allow construction of air units and possible New select upgrades for techs.

(Suggestion) perhaps when gatling turrets and such have been implemented into game use a player would use the upgraded structure for machinery and Turret construction. The building could allow research Increase shot count until max limit is reached.

And for historic accuracy Many nations give or take all have always and had a science center or mad genius to create (publicly known or secret) Out of the box ideas.

Note most of The implementation are just examples I'm not saying that's how it should work but would allow Some New ideas that would possibly allow redesign of units and techs that Have been accepted But unsure of how to imply in game.
Normal is an illusion.
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Advancement Center Upgrade To Advance Sciences

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Thats quite an essay! Anyway there are a lot of problems with this idea-
1.Dev has rejected the idea of creating tie fighters and ornithopters(both are considered special only to be made in tc units) reason- both are way more advanced than the setting of aos
2 .upgrade for ornithopter is an absolute no no at present(it has already been discussed in a different thread meant for the ornithopter upgrade specially)
3. The idea you posted was already posted by me in some what similar manner in another thread which was again saved for later.i think i named the topic workshop
Try to learn more by visiting these threads
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

Just trying to keep things fresh. Perhaps my Advanced Science could be used for upgrading future Tech concerning machinery or perhaps a Arrow count for The gatling guns. And yes the flight units are powerful but there are times I'm creating 10 at a time so maybe The possibility of making the advanced science building the only building allowed to create them and make a limit. But yes I'm sorry I passed the topic I'll make sure to doubly check the forum my excitement for New creations hurrys my Look over.
Normal is an illusion.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

TheBluePhoenix wrote: 1.Dev has rejected the idea of creating tie fighters and ornithopters(both are considered special only to be made in tc units) reason- both are way more advanced than the setting of aos

Technically, we still have never made a successful orthnicopter... At least not one that doesn't have to be dropped from a mountain...
And technically, according to the laws of physics and the conservation of energy, it is impossible to create such a contraption unless it somehow defied the laws of science as we know it :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

How about a alchemy workshop. Alchemy was the precursor to modern day science so it could help bridge the gap to future units that may be more modern. Maybe create a alchemy shop that allows foot soldiers to throw a primitive form of explosives that wait a turn to blow or loaded into some sort of wall buster to blow up a small section(suicide the unit as well)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

FiredClay wrote:How about a alchemy workshop. Alchemy was the precursor to modern day science so it could help bridge the gap to future units that may be more modern. Maybe create a alchemy shop that allows foot soldiers to throw a primitive form of explosives that wait a turn to blow or loaded into some sort of wall buster to blow up a small section(suicide the unit as well)
(called Gunpowder, Greek Fire, Naptha, etc.)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

And when it makes a very big explosion they call it a hydrogen bomb. When I do that its just cause I had too many carrot burritos the day before.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

Return to “Structures”