Structure: Moat IMPLEMENTED

TheBluePhoenix

Re: Structure: Moat

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

To answer the questions, as i suggested it should be like a tile and indestructible. We can let workers make bridges on it however i dont think that would be useful as they would be easily killed.
Also, as they were thin, no ships are allowed to be made .
Sorry i thought the topic was unique hence did not check whether it was already present :oops:
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I suggested an idea about roads and that gives this idea, moats will b indestructible and like forest tiles where infantry and horses can pass but sieges and chariots cannot, wen enemy unit steps on moats its speed is reduced by 1, the road tile can b built on moats to allow Ur sieges and wagons to cross them, but there is no drawbridge so enemies can use them to attack, in this case it would b best to use a gate to block of roads from enemies
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

So how we r progressing?
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

All these ideas were b4 I knew how to make jsons, the only way to code speed change is by using aura, and I don't know if its possible to build neutral structures that can b garrisoned by enemies,

If there was a method to change terrain properties instead of making new structures (everybody can use terrain but only ally can walk on structures) it could work.

Another solution is an upgrade for the castle (like cathedral upgrade) where it has a 2 range aura which slows only enemy units by -2 speed

Walls and gates could also have this upgrade (but not towers or palisades) to become more useful

(But yeah, against trebuchet none of it will matter in the end)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

:(

For me it's preferable it's own thing (not auras)
May the best if make unwalkble terrain

And next to a gate forms a drawbridge
Or simple bridge building over.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside

Return to “Structures”