Build Land

Aral_Yaren

Build Land

Post by Aral_Yaren »

New addition to Worker/Laborer list of building tiles, this one makes 1 tile land above water tile (like shore reclamation).

It will be useful in island battle when someone's territory misses "one tile" land in the shore to make castle, fort, and so forth (this due to the fact that buiding above the man-made bridge isn't allowed).

Thanks
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Re: Build Land

Post by Endru1241 »

How could such humogonous terraformation project could even be explained?
Water tiles can represent lakes, rivers, sea.
It's not possible in modern times to change all of them into land - no matter the cost, so it surely wouldn't be possible in ancient or medieval age.

Besides - engine doesn't have any option for true random maps - only tcs are generated, so most of "1 tile lacking to build mega" situations is actually carefully designed by map maker limitation.

And if we skipped two facts stated above and tried to add it for some higher motive - it would look horrible (engine doesn't allow terrain change - only decorations can be added/removed, so it would have to be overlay on water tiles, which have different shapes).
Age of Strategy design leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

It represents piling shoreline (not the sea itself, only the shoreline) with concrete foundation and filling solid soil above it to expand a little bit land. Also I thought in medieval era, people could dry lake and fill it with stone foundation and solid soil to claim more landspace.

But if the game couldn't allow it, I comply. It's just my idea, after all.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

For shores it could be limited to only shallow water tiles (those passable by ground units, intended for e.g. shorelines).
And it should probably not be simulating real terrain, but just something that is at least partially solid (so it could leave slow ship movement)

Rivers are actually most problematic. The best people could pull off was moving a riverbed (although I haven't came into any mentions about such occurrences in ancient or medieval times ) or construct a dike - which would probably simulate shallow water tile.
I haven't brought it in because river, lake and sea is not distinguished.

If it is supposed to mainly help with construction - idea could also be changed a little and represent only creating foundations, that allow buildings and not necessarily normal unit movement.
But it would actually ignore some largest scale interpretations, so I am not very convinced.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

instead of building a land, why not a suspender? It can be a bit silly, for example, the castle is 2×3 in size and put it in a 2×3 place but with a part of it being water and impossible, then enter the suspender (of more precise construction) so that it is possible. another example
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

in the part where castle A is normally without the map editor it would not be possible to build there, but with the construction braces (represented by a bridge) Castle B would be possible to build it, and of course this is just an example of my idea or an adjustment ,despite having to create a stat for the build suspender,% build bonus, requirement to build it.may be another path or a variation of "Build land" what you think @Endru1241 ?
Attachments
20210616_155050.jpg
20210616_155050.jpg (24.99 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Castle B and down is castle A
Castle B and down is castle A
20210616_155002.jpg (24.75 KiB) Viewed 734 times
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Let me quote myself:
Endru1241 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:10 am If it is supposed to mainly help with construction - idea could also be changed a little and represent only creating foundations, that allow buildings and not necessarily normal unit movement.
But it would actually ignore some largest scale interpretations, so I am not very convinced.
Also - you could have used one image bridge placed on the water to be more clear.

Return to “Structures”