Burning glass

Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: Burning glass

Post by Hyuhjhih »

A mushroon house? Mmm.. someone smells smurfy..

Anyway, i just for fun , tried to sketch the mirror tower. And seems it came out surprisingly awe some?/ful?

A bit adjustment can work, but i can't stress more since my legs 🤕 healing up. #and more of the reason, i am glad if you work on it and gain the <1% credit L4 cus or Lucas or whoever(me too joking😅)

But i will better call@DreJaDe in since i can doubtlessly admit he is the master architect/builder in this forum

Me:☎️ DreJaDe, could you come here for a moment. We might need your help....
Dre: ☎️ .....
Attachments
Freaky Mirror Tower by Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png
Freaky Mirror Tower by Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png (3.76 KiB) Viewed 851 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

Dont know if u got offended or not...it was just my opinion, the shape of the previous image is not...square shape, so the base looked widther...the roof didnt help either, i dont want any credit, my main efflrts are with aod, but always take a look at aos forum...
Never suggested to make the mirror tower...just posted it and said it was the mirror tower from aom...so...dont try it for aos...

As i said, i support the idea of making the hellenic megabuilding has an upgrade similar to castle, instead of a threbucher ability, it would have arquimedes death ray lr wathever ability...dunnoif u like it...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
APOKALIPTRIX

Post by APOKALIPTRIX »

what about this:
instead of making this building lets make a tier 2 fortress with the mirror on top and the death ray ability.
that would be easier since all we gotta do is change the stats and edit the fortres image
the fortress upgrades with a tech just like the castle.
Life is easier when dead is harder...
L4cus

Post by L4cus »

thats nice too, buti would not treat this as a regular new unit, but a fun unit or map editor unit.
btw i found this at wikipedia:

"A test of the Archimedes heat ray was carried out in 1973 by the Greek scientist Ioannis Sakkas. The experiment took place at the Skaramagas naval base outside Athens. On this occasion 70 mirrors were used, each with a copper coating and a size of around 5 by 3 feet (1.52 m × 0.91 m). The mirrors were pointed at a plywood mock-up of a Roman warship at a distance of around 160 feet (49 m). When the mirrors were focused accurately, the ship burst into flames within a few seconds. The plywood ship had a coating of tar paint, which may have aided combustion.[54] A coating of tar would have been commonplace on ships in the classical era.

In October 2005 a group of students from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology carried out an experiment with 127 one-foot (30 cm) square mirror tiles, focused on a mock-up wooden ship at a range of around 100 feet (30 m). Flames broke out on a patch of the ship, but only after the sky had been cloudless and the ship had remained stationary for around ten minutes. It was concluded that the device was a feasible weapon under these conditions. The MIT group repeated the experiment for the television show MythBusters, using a wooden fishing boat in San Francisco as the target. Again some charring occurred, along with a small amount of flame. In order to catch fire, wood needs to reach its autoignition temperature, which is around 300 °C (572 °F).[55][56]

When MythBusters broadcast the result of the San Francisco experiment in January 2006, the claim was placed in the category of "busted" (i.e. failed) because of the length of time and the ideal weather conditions required for combustion to occur. It was also pointed out that since Syracuse faces the sea towards the east, the Roman fleet would have had to attack during the morning for optimal gathering of light by the mirrors. MythBusters also pointed out that conventional weaponry, such as flaming arrows or bolts from a catapult, would have been a far easier way of setting a ship on fire at short distances.[57]

In December 2010, MythBusters again looked at the heat ray story in a special edition entitled "President's Challenge". Several experiments were carried out, including a large scale test with 500 schoolchildren aiming mirrors at a mock-up of a Roman sailing ship 400 feet (120 m) away. In all of the experiments, the sail failed to reach the 210 °C (410 °F) required to catch fire, and the verdict was again "busted". The show concluded that a more likely effect of the mirrors would have been blinding, dazzling, or distracting the crew of the ship.[58]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedes

so dunno if its pretty ok to use it as a regular buildable structure...
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus...
AOD, a new variant...
viewforum.php?f=230
APOKALIPTRIX

Post by APOKALIPTRIX »

I love that tv show...
But back to the main topic:
The weapon was aimed to the SAILS, when they catched fire it expanded to the rest of the ship.
sails were not that fire resistant back in those days
Life is easier when dead is harder...
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Not offended, i have a keen sense of wit, even in the extreme situations , the AoS fellow players know about that. Anyway, a feedback always desire some credits because its them which make irrelevant things relevant.
Anyways
I am already planning a cost efficient change in the fortress, dunno it would be accepted, but trying.

And also, i like this death ray the way it is now, almost endru seems in a good mood to do this i hope.

The flammability: as i am crazily related to the physics field(astrophysics in specific)

Its not the temperature that causes fire. Its the threshold ie, the energy transferred per unit area/volume (in respective cases) taking regards of the heat capacity and flammability constant.
Taking it simply digestible , it depends on the fuel ,oxidizer and flash point between them to ignite.
Yes they used tar or bitumen in sealing waterproof and i had already suggested Tar a long ago.

So, it is recorded that the ships were burned from a far distance, in mid sea, so, the tar, the surplus wind potential and the gigantic mirror Image this image is artistic work of the small mirror(they don't have to bother about physics behind, nor they witnessed the actual scene) so , we can assume if it was this small, it might come under the ancestral model of the advanced "meta mirror" who knows? Or if it was a large mirror
L4cus wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:16 pm On this occasion 70 mirrors were used, each with a copper coating and a size of around 5 by 3 feet (1.52 m × 0.91 m). The mirrors were pointed at a plywood mock-up of a Roman warship at a distance of around 160 feet (49 m).
it might be a combined size, so big enough as compensating the 70 mirrors.so huge that it could only be placed over the castle.

And to be more scientifically accurate, even concentrated light sometimes behaves as mirrors or can exhibit brute strength Image but even a high degreed scientist is not yet able to find the possibilities.

Oh, and i also love the mythbusters , especially the brian and jon series. 😉
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC

Return to “Structures”