Thieves Guild

phoenixffyrnig

Thieves Guild

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Sorry, I'm gonna do this a bit back-to-front - bear with me.

Reason: I really like playing games with Few TCs to severely limit factory numbers to add another layer of strategy by having to prioritise. Often though,on medium to big maps the front line can be so far from our TCs that we are frequently fighting blind. Especially when we all target eachothers scouting network :lol:

The Guild: A buildable factory (potentially buildable on wooded terrain for obvious reasons of discretion and secrecy). Initially I was going to suggest it trained Spies, but I fear that would lead to spy spam. So......

The Thief: A stealth unit of cost 2 (or 3 if you force me Endru ;) ). A lower LoS than a spy, maybe 5, but with a 25% bonus to steal chance.

Potential Special Abilities:
1 - Can disable an enemy tower for 1 turn at cost of his own life (ie sneak in and do stealthy stuff such as spread disinformation, create a diversion, put sleeping powder in the guards beer etc)
or / and
2 - Can convert an enemy mining cart, no matter what type, into 1 friendly money courier, thus countering the use of salt carts as "scouting" units or advanced roadblocks.

(Disregard the Special Abilities if these are not possible)

Stats and Images: Well, let's see what you folks think and see if this idea has legs, and if so we will take it from there.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Re: Thieves Guild

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Well, you didn't forget to mention your elixir here
phoenixffyrnig wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:13 pm .......... powder in the guards beer etc...
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Well i thought of a better plan.

If endru consider 2 cost,
Hp 8
Att 1 ( self defense)
Arm 0/0 (don't need'em)
Range 1
Speed 3
MR inconvertable

Cannot be benefitted from makeshift upgrades

Ability
  • Steal ammunition and weaponry.
    Att decreased to 1 ( if cannot change the value to a defined integer in current engine, then -30 giving att to 0)

90% chance to consume unit on action ( if he is a skilled robber, he can escape from guard or can probably get caught)

Last 2 turns, cd (if survived) 1.
  • Loot valuables

Get near a money courier, valuables cart , or paying ship (not for condottiero ) and LOOT (a small icon can be provided for an active effect LOOT , and make the thief visible / remove stealth)
    get near a merc and PAY for +4 turn leaving
    and can get his job done as long as he can.
I will get this into the infantry div also
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

My primary motivation is something to add to the subterfuge side of scouting rather than necessarily a "thief" in the strict sense of the word. Specifically (and as it's primary function) a factory that can produce stealth scout units, so for me the general ability of the thief to act as eyes on the ground is more important than any special abilities

Tbf though, look at the herbalist, there is a precedent for a niche unit with many abilities.
phoenixffyrnig

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

I'm gonna resurrect this suggestion in the light of the possibility of a saboteur (ignore the idea of the thief unit, no longer relevant I don't think).

As OP says, basically a factory for stealth/recon units - spy, assassin, saboteur and both scouts. And for any relevant techs, atm I believe just stealing and whatever the war dog upgrade is called these days, but also a good home for any future advancements in these fields.

Return to “Structures”