XP Exploit: random games.IMPLEMENTED

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Midonik

XP Exploit: random games.IMPLEMENTED

Post by Midonik »

When you finish an random game you can come back to it and it won't show you an victory screen or anything. Instead, it will take you to the last turn before victory. You can finish the game almost immediately. And guess what, you do get the EXP every time. I've managed to go up 2 levels in under a minute this way :lol: .

@Stratego (dev) not sure if this was brought to your attention but this clearly is an exploit (tho the EXP is kinda useless anyway). The random games should probably show the "You won!" message box like mp games.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: EXP and random games.

Post by Stratego (dev) »

which game and which version is this? i think i have fixed it already long ago.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

which game and which version is this? i think i have fixed it already long ago.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I was playing AoG on the newest version - we last updated it on like November the 5th.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

AOG ok, please tell me if any of the public AOF/AOS/AOW version have this problem. thanks!
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

It works the same in AoF, version 1.1322. Actually it's not even the last turn before victory but the last move.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i tried and i could not get XP more than once.

how do u do that?

also please check AOW and AOS too i think those are newer versions.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

After I win I leave the game and then I go to the random maps section and click the game again.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i do the same and the game ends without having any xp-s.
please check the AOW AOS too maybe it is not working anymore - only in old updates (AOF/AOG)
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Ive noticed this bug that when you finish a random game and you load it again itll either bring you back to the last turn before enemy dies or itll bring you to spectator mode but once one map is already any of the following on top itll stay like that forever. I think this is what midonik is experiencing. One of his random maps lets him to play the game at his last turn before winning. So mid fights the last enemy unit again and wins the game again giving him xp again even tho he have finished it already. And for you dev the game that you made became spectator after you win so when you load it up again instead of playing the turn before winning you just become spectator mode and can see the turn that you won and it doesnt let you to recieve xp again cause it is saved that youve already won
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, and i am asking that how to re-play last turn over and over - as i am always in spectator mode that case.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

I dont know, it just happens. Ill test it when I have time. Ill make many random games and finish them quickly so i can see if itll happen again

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please tell me what type of random game to make to get this bug - thanks!

eg:
- i should make the last kill ?
- or an allied AI?
- or enemy? (dying in counterattack?)
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

I dont know. I think the game just didnt get to save the actual game; the map when you won like unit placements and stuff when you won but it saves the fact that you won the game so it displays that you won but it didnt saved the part that you already won and is now set to spectator.
I dont know how to recreate this. It just randomly happens I havent played alot of aos lately so I dont know if at aos specifically if it still happens.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please someone try to find me how to make a game be like that - i will need to fix it urgently - thanks!

daniel
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: EXP and random games.IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

OK, i have fixed this one i hope.

also i hope i have not ruined anything else.

please get the new AOS version (uos 15) and test it.

also please test
- multiplayer winning (in AOS and in AOF or AOW too!)
- campaign map winning
- the fixed case: random map winning (seemed good for me)

please feedback me if these are ok! thanks!

Return to “Gameplay & UI”