Optional "Map Reveal" for one turn

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
phoenixffyrnig

Optional "Map Reveal" for one turn

Post by phoenixffyrnig »

Basically a function where one player can request a temporary revealing of the map, and another player (or the other players) can choose to accept. Essentially a map-wide reveal spot, so presumably is possible?

The two main reasons
a) for newbies to be able to see what their more experienced opponents are doing, to help them learn
b) those times your defeat is inevitable, but you're curious about the shadowy parts of the map, (and also to learn).

I envision this as being mainly useful in one on one situations, either 1v1 matches or towards the end of FFAs. Also would be good if the victor could choose to enable this feature on the last go which would enable the loser to load the game and see everything. (As per playing on revealed maps, stealth units remain invisible).

To pre-empt the obvious answers - yes, I know I can play on a revealed map, but I much prefer not to - FoW is the classic setting for a strategy game in my mind.
I also play an RTS game called Life 8-)
And I also like drinking beer! :D
Badnorth

Re: Optional "Map Reveal" for one turn

Post by Badnorth »

I like it, there is something similar planned by the dev about that, I read one in aof game play about map reveal upon winning the game. Idk if it is already in, in aos or aof, however I feel tis useful like the things u said.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.

Return to “Gameplay & UI”