display bar for quantities, troop types and constructions.

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Morningwarrior

display bar for quantities, troop types and constructions.

Post by Morningwarrior »

this option will be in the pause menu of the game where you can see which troops you have, the amount, types of towers, buildings and how many of them, for example i click this option and it shows i have 5 swordsman archers, 1 barracks etc. would be a much improved shape of the bar that is on the right diagonal side of the phone which displays the number of troops, the number of buildings and the castles.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Re: display bar for quantities, troop types and constructions.

Post by Endru1241 »

Quite similar idea to Global Production Menu, yet different approach.
Good for future improvement.
I myself believe, that for good unit listing categories summarisation could also be used - with increasing number of unit types it could be good to know army composition without counting - at least in some listing categories (ships, archers, melee, other).
While listing units types count there could also be list of units positions, clickable to go to unit.

Well, not that I give that much a chance - it seems like quite a piece of work.

But as with any engine modifications - it's all in the hands of the dev.
Age of Strategy design leader
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

well you could talk to daniel about this, besides which engine (pixel) the game uses only out of curiosity.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

No, no. By engine I mean core part of the game - application, as opposed to assets. Mostly I'm referring to main things coded - those universal across Age of ... themes.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

So that option in gameplay kinda could give some bugs, loading problems?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

No, I don't think so.
It's just seems like a lot of work for stratego.
Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

well endru, and well you think about making a big update in the game, I know that work but in the end it's worth it and also good as almost all AOS fans expect huge updates full of news.

Return to “Gameplay & UI”