new conversion idea: loyalty meter

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Belfry777

Re: new conversion idea: loyalty meter

Post by Belfry777 »

I thought I did that. Anyway this new idea is good just need some adjustment.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
mickmackmike

Post by mickmackmike »

I am not sure how the equation works, what i know is dometimes you try 5 conversions and not one works... The only part of the game that has unpredictability isthe priest tech. Now obviously if someone isnt playing on a fixed battey they can just kill the battery restart and try it untill they get the conversion they want.. After i lost every single unit on conversion this is what an opponent of mine did a while back...

I not sure if I understand the above,,, but my suggestion would be that a priest has the power only to convert 100% of the time..... but say he has to build up 6 turns of FAITH before he can do it,,,,, so then this is the meter..... After he has conversion tech this is reduced to 5 turns. Maybe after he has Preaching Tech it gets reduced to 4 turns... ... Maybe if the other player has conversion resistance you require double the lengths of time to convert the opposing unit, you would only know this when you failed to convert the unit..... but at least you know that they have resistance tech.... (again another unpredictability removed))... mike aka 3M
----
3M - ( Mike M )
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I see what you mean, it is hundred percent but you have to build it up. just like your immunity.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Practically there are some problems.

A) .If u have an enemy unit whit high conversation resist u spend more time to take down its faith than in. chance based method.(when u actually have a small chance to succeed in first try) Meantime ur priest are vulnerable.-
So it's not as effective.
B) Campaign - Betrayal of maximus and fire War are based to succeed the firs conversion -but u have no time to reduce the the enemy faith/resistence
And not only in campaigns - but in critical situations can save ur ass.
May be randomness, but still better imho.
Catapult and heavy cav is more likely destroyed than wait to weaken they faith to convert one until they wipe u out.

2.Some units must be unconvertable, like they are now.
3.Still need an other spell resist in Aof and variants for other attacks(Not conversion)
Will need A filter what is a Spell-magic Attak (slowing, disarmor etc ) and which is an Spell classified Attack. (fire ball).
Here are more units/race to balance the convert res if changed and before we need at least one converter to all factions.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I see.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Perhaps something simpler,
The resistance remain as it's now, but after a failed trying it weakens. (5%?)
And only In Aos.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

My idea was more like a loyalty HP, trying to convert deals faith damage to target, and after u lose all faith HP u join enemy side, and it heals every turn by 10 if unit didn't have full 100 faith HP and didn't get any damage previous turn
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

U would need to convert 5 times at first, and only 2 times with persuasion tech, does it actually becomes easier to convert wen there is gurrantee that it will work, 2 healers in a fortress with persuasion tech could convert all enemy attackers
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Gameplay & UI”