New Tc Generation

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
patroid

New Tc Generation

Post by patroid »

Hi
here comes my indepth plan. If its accepted i gonna start.

First of all my Script gonna be splitted in one function for each number of players.
it gonna generate a starting position as shown in the image i attached.
Then my programm gonna do Three arrays of possible TC Generation Spots for each player.

After i got the starting posaition the program gonna form a area of terain (with pathfinding)
that is in a 10% tiles radius of the map of the starting TC. Array one will get filled with each tile that is
rachable with a movement of (taking g a 30x30 map) 3. in that area we gonna spwan (30%/AmountofPlayers) of overwall Tcs.
after this it gonna do a second area and put all tiles in the array that are in range of (again example of 30x30 map) 9 tiles movement. There we gonna generate another (40%/amount of players) Tcs.

After this we gonna do a 3rd area in a range of (30x30 map) 15 Tiles of movement where we fill another(20%/amount of players) TCs.

the rest (10% of the tcs will be generated in the rest of the maps area.

The amount of TCs will ne Few(2% of overall tiles (18 for a 30x30 map) , medium (3%) , many (4% (36 on a 30x30 map)

A you see below i would remove the middle spwanpoints from the game caus they are unfair and result in a disadvante for the middle spawned player.

If you dont understand something i gonna try to visualize more or to reexplain.

Started programming:
http://www.ageofstrategy.bplaced.net/TCGen(Patroid).apk

Patroid
Attachments
TC.png
TC.png (22.29 KiB) Viewed 3927 times
Last edited by patroid on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: New Tc Generation

Post by Stratego (dev) »

very good, i like it.
only one problem: there are many maps that has no even any land on these new territories where you spawn player TC-s (eg. there is water)

so i suggest this is good approach, but!
- if this new logic fails to put down enough TC-s (eg. on desired place there is water)
- than it should try (as a plan B) to place players on the original locations (the 4 corners and 2 middle points) as the current logic works

or you can make it dynamic: a prelimiraly logic determines where are possible starter TC locations, and enough terrain to spawn there.

ps: also dont forget the non-symmetric maps! (there can be a 15x30 map too)
AOS example:
- Megara map 30x48
- Desert River n mountain 35x20
(no more, so it is rare)
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:- than it should try (as a plan B) to place players on the original locations (the 4 corners and 2 middle points) as the current logic works.
I hope it doesn't effect my latest random map too badly. :?
OLÉ
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

which? and why would? (the "current logic" is that already how it works now - this is what i ment)
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,

The starting position is somewhere near the place that is shown on my visualisation.
Means It wont be excact like this to keep some strategic aspect and to prevent players knoing the excact enemys coordinates.

1.Should it be random wich player spawns on wich position?
2.My plan includes that a River or whater is calculated as a movement of 10 tiles. Means if theres a small river or an island it will try to keep in mid to calc
enough tcs around.
3. Well for massive watermaps the old way to generate is probably the best. This one is maybe the Tournement generation system.
4. Should we add a posibility that the player decides what kind of generation algorithm he uses?

patroid

@Daniel: i have send you an Email requesting further details.
@Puss_in_bots: it wont affect already generated maps.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
or you can make it dynamic: a prelimiraly logic determines where are possible starter TC locations, and enough terrain to spawn there.
I gonna try it but then i still have to make the space logic somehow that there are not 4 players nearby eachpther and one has a huge area.
ps: also dont forget the non-symmetric maps! (there can be a 15x30 map too)
AOS example:
- Megara map 30x48
- Desert River n mountain 35x20
(no more, so it is rare)
Aslong as maps are not too narrow it will work fine. im working with different x and y percentage and the pathfinig will keep that in mind.
i also plan to add some logic that sees overlapping areas and try to dodge that somehow.

patroid
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

patroid wrote:Hi,
I gonna try it but then i still have to make the space logic somehow that there are not 4 players nearby eachpther and one has a huge area.

patroid
i did not understood this one.
patroid

Post by patroid »

patroid wrote:
Hi,

patroid

i did not understood this one.
I just meant that if there are only 2-3 satrter positions determined but there are 5 players i need alogic to keep enought distance between each player to keep it kinda fair.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
i started working on the logic though i made my own application wherei gonna satrt putting in the logic and allow to experimentate with some setting and map values to test it out before daniel needs to invest time to implemenmted it in the original game.

patroid

http://www.ageofstrategy.bplaced.net/TCGen(Patroid).apk

it should be installable on any android phone above android 4.0.
Dont wonder about the massive size. Its created with Unity3d and it dont cares what you do the smalles possible application is always starting from 15mb
patroid

Post by patroid »

Updated - still not functional(dont generate TCS) but the Testarea is ready.

So far invested time: 1h 20mins.

hi.
i updated it.

the empty green map is an 30*30 AOS map.
so far i only made a map that you can edit by simply clicking on the tiles. (and a VERY simple Map generator)
I gonna add simple camera controls and zoom function soon.
I gonna update (enlarge) the UI soon.
and its not a horizontal but a vertical App.

Patroid
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I really like the idea of counting water and forest as different walking values.
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Gameplay & UI”