Unit classes IMPLEMENTED

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Detros

Unit classes IMPLEMENTED

Post by Detros »

As new units are added the list of bonuses is getting pretty long. I tried to search for it but found none such thread: have really no one proposed unit classes yet?

Look at basic Pikeman. It has 450% bonus when attacking cavalry class units. But this information is shown as a list of all cavalry units. If a new knight-like unit is added, bonus against it needs to be added to Pikeman. I propose Pikeman should have just "Bonuses: 450% against cavalry" and then Knights, Light Cavalry and other such units would have "Class: cavalry" in their infosheet. Then if new knight-like unit is added, all one needs to do is set it as being of "cavalry" class.

I admit I haven't seen all units yet but so far the percentages seemed to me as mostly the same for all units of one class. So the class-mapping should not be too hard, I guess.
balint

Re: Unit classes

Post by balint »

This a pretty great idea. +1
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

balint wrote:This a pretty great idea. +1
hi
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

COOLguy wrote:
balint wrote:This a pretty great idea. +1
hi
Hi :D
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Just look at bonuses of a Knight: those 2x Trainee Hero lev2, 4x Trainee Hero lev3 and 8x (!) Trainee Hero are probably the worst.
All of those 36 rows could be compressed to something like:
Bonus against
- bowmen
- spearmen
- shieldmen
- catapults
- heroes
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually all bonuses are assigned individually to unit types.

there are many bonus definition like this:
1. bonus to all buildings +200%
2. bonus to fortress +150%

meaning there are subsets of "categories" in many places,
this is why i decided
a) not to "slice" categorization to julienne
b) but assign bonuses individually.

however i could make that when you see bonus list you see something like this:
- archers +50%
- foot melee +40% to +50%
- workers +100%

and by clicking on any of them it can be expanded to individual unit, with individual bonuses

however if you dont have bonus against all kind of archers than you might be misguided if you dont openthe category and only read "archers +50%" - you will think all archers have the bonus.
duneix

Post by duneix »

+1
Detros wrote:As new units are added the list of bonuses is getting pretty long. I tried to search for it but found none such thread: have really no one proposed unit classes yet?

Look at basic Pikeman. It has 450% bonus when attacking cavalry class units. But this information is shown as a list of all cavalry units. If a new knight-like unit is added, bonus against it needs to be added to Pikeman. I propose Pikeman should have just "Bonuses: 450% against cavalry" and then Knights, Light Cavalry and other such units would have "Class: cavalry" in their infosheet. Then if new knight-like unit is added, all one needs to do is set it as being of "cavalry" class.

I admit I haven't seen all units yet but so far the percentages seemed to me as mostly the same for all units of one class. So the class-mapping should not be too hard, I guess.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

it is this way mostly, the ony bad part is that you need to check every unit to make sure you have a certain bonus
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

implemented,
uos 20
Lucifer

Re: Unit classes IMPLEMENTED

Post by Lucifer »

Still not implemented on plenty of units. It doesn't seem like a lot of work.. So, A Reminder, I guess?
Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.

Return to “Gameplay & UI”